B Teams

Disturbed Postie
Re: B Teams

Post by Disturbed Postie » Thu Oct 11, 2018 4:20 pm

In fact I’d say top 3 best posts I’ve read on here, 100% spot on!

Wokingham Shot

Post by Wokingham Shot » Thu Oct 11, 2018 4:35 pm

Whilst not disagreeing with any of it, one small point of order. These loan players that go out are predominantly non-English kids. I can't comment on Chelsea, but as I have mentioned before I do know about Manchester City. They identify these youngsters from around the world, get pre-signing agreements with their clubs (normally for a year), monitor them and then if they still like what they see they bring them to Manchester. They will then spend some time at the training complex, before being placed where City believe is the best fit for them to develop through out their network of 'linked' clubs in FR/It/Sp/NL/Scot and I am sure other countries. The loans to English clubs are normally the English players (e.g Barker at PNE and Smith-Brown at Plymouth). Both had loans abroad but couldn't handle the experience (although in Barker's case he also has a bit of bad luck with injuries).

City don't just send them and say bye....they have coaches that are at these linked clubs, work with the local coaching staff and get involved in upgrading the training facilities/infrastructure.

As a result of this ruling, these players won't suddenly be spread around the lower English leagues. Some of these players would simply gain little from it. All that would happen is you would see more of the arrangements where the players stay longer with their existing clubs but with City having first refusal at a point in the future.

This ruling strangely enough will do little for the English game. What it will do is to provide some protection to the smaller leagues around Europe where the involvement of clubs like City have created an artificial imbalance in leagues with significantly less money. I have my doubts it will work though.

DonnyDarko2012

Post by DonnyDarko2012 » Fri Oct 12, 2018 8:21 am

Disturbed Postie wrote:
Thu Oct 11, 2018 3:40 pm
DonnyDarko2012 wrote:
Thu Oct 11, 2018 8:15 am
No, not for me. This is just another example of the big clubs wanting to get more money/success and push the poorer clubs down the list and maybe out of business. It's disgusting!
Your best post ever Donny!
:mrgreen:

Aldershot_Rob

Post by Aldershot_Rob » Fri Oct 12, 2018 12:02 pm

hepcat wrote:
Thu Oct 11, 2018 4:06 pm
The "B" team is an absolute no, and there is enough lower league fan base of genuine traditional football supporters to block this.
The UEFA ruling at face value is excellent. Why have Chelsea 40 players on loan ? Including their PL squad, that's 65 players-not counting their academy. These players should be spread throughout the leagues. They're never going to get in the first team with off the peg foreign players being a steal at £200m Any youngster with ambition to play first team football has to be seriously deluded to join any PL team.......
The loan market offers a business model for clubs as well as the option of cherry picking the best upcoming youngsters. Often players will join clubs on loan for a fee, wages may be covered and thus the parent clubs are not losing anything and more often than not are profiting from such deals.
One that immediately springs to mind was the deal involving Gael Kakuta (spelling maybe wrong) Chelsea got him then loaned him out to various clubs, and despite receiving a fine and (if memory serves correctly) suffered a transfer embargo, they still made a hefty profit on the player.

GWRBA

Post by GWRBA » Fri Oct 12, 2018 2:16 pm

Chelsea stockpile players, I think, for 2 reasons: to sell them on at a profit in a couple of years time, or to stop a Premier League rival signing them. In both cases, they are not bought to be a genuine part of the first team. Thus any rule that stops them having 40 players out on loan should be applauded.

But no, no no to B Teams and the whole Checkatrade nonsense.