Dan Holman Leaves

Post Reply
DaveC
Posts: 19
Joined: Thu Jan 23, 2014 8:14 pm
Re: Dan Holman Leaves

Post by DaveC » Wed Oct 31, 2018 6:39 pm

I had great hopes that Dan would turn out to be one of our best ever signings but he was given little chance to prove it.Something very strange went on that we don't know about?

supershots
Posts: 285
Joined: Wed Jan 10, 2007 4:08 am
Location: Frimley green
Re: Dan Holman Leaves

Post by supershots » Wed Oct 31, 2018 6:57 pm

DaveC wrote:
Wed Oct 31, 2018 6:39 pm
I had great hopes that Dan would turn out to be one of our best ever signings but he was given little chance to prove it.Something very strange went on that we don't know about?
Probably post injury he is now crap

bordon shot
Posts: 223
Joined: Wed Jan 10, 2007 9:13 pm
Re: Dan Holman Leaves

Post by bordon shot » Wed Oct 31, 2018 6:59 pm

Not surprised by this, for whatever reason, he didn't get enough game time to score the goals we had hoped he would.

Josh
Posts: 93
Joined: Wed May 30, 2007 4:34 pm
Re: Dan Holman Leaves

Post by Josh » Wed Oct 31, 2018 7:21 pm

I'm presuming it will be a compromise agreement where both sides have to keep quiet and be respectful to each other.

Earlier in the season, the board took tremendous stick on this message board for the lack of budget available to GW.

But if our highest paid player is leaving after 2 months, what does that say about how the budget was spent?

Shots1954
Posts: 313
Joined: Wed Aug 09, 2017 6:31 pm
Re: Dan Holman Leaves

Post by Shots1954 » Wed Oct 31, 2018 7:55 pm

Josh wrote:
Wed Oct 31, 2018 7:21 pm
I'm presuming it will be a compromise agreement where both sides have to keep quiet and be respectful to each other.

Earlier in the season, the board took tremendous stick on this message board for the lack of budget available to GW.

But if our highest paid player is leaving after 2 months, what does that say about how the budget was spent?
I think you have hit it on the nail!

Reg's corner
Posts: 222
Joined: Wed Jan 10, 2007 12:37 pm
Re: Dan Holman Leaves

Post by Reg's corner » Wed Oct 31, 2018 9:11 pm

His wage was the highest..??!!! Cricky..

Tiger131
Posts: 56
Joined: Fri May 08, 2015 12:20 pm
Re: Dan Holman Leaves

Post by Tiger131 » Wed Oct 31, 2018 9:35 pm

How do you know he’s (was) the highlight paid player ?

fredandballou
Posts: 113
Joined: Thu Mar 23, 2017 5:48 pm
Re: Dan Holman Leaves

Post by fredandballou » Wed Oct 31, 2018 11:01 pm

Dan only made two starting eleven appearances at the EBB against Barnet (subbed 64 min) and against Dagenham & R (played the 90 min). He played one other game for the 90 min - against Fylde. Funny he was only used as a second half sub for the majority of games he was with us when we needed him on the pitch scoring goals as since the start of the year our 'goals for' has been poor to say the least.

aldershot-jg
Posts: 618
Joined: Wed Jul 25, 2007 5:17 pm
Location: Aldershot
Re: Dan Holman Leaves

Post by aldershot-jg » Wed Oct 31, 2018 11:08 pm

Tiger131 wrote:
Wed Oct 31, 2018 9:35 pm
How do you know he’s (was) the highlight paid player ?
I'd assume with the travel involved for Dan meant we offered him a bit more to persuade him to sign, but whatever he was on still wasn't really enough.
Could be that we enticed him with incentives that he isn't going to get if he isn't playing.

Charles Dickens
Posts: 322
Joined: Thu Nov 01, 2007 10:38 am
Re: Dan Holman Leaves

Post by Charles Dickens » Wed Oct 31, 2018 11:29 pm

He did not get the goals, BUT like most posters I agree he did not get many starts to score goals. Not as if he our other strikers have scored too many goals.

We may not know the full story, but I still feel that we should have kept Dan if at all possible.

Reg's corner
Posts: 222
Joined: Wed Jan 10, 2007 12:37 pm
Re: Dan Holman Leaves

Post by Reg's corner » Thu Nov 01, 2018 1:09 am

Tiger131 wrote:
Wed Oct 31, 2018 9:35 pm
How do you know he’s (was) the highlight paid player ?
Mentioned earlier in thread.. An assumption, rumour or otherwise who knows

Melbourne Red
Posts: 57
Joined: Mon Feb 19, 2007 10:06 pm
Location: Melbourne, Australia
Re: Dan Holman Leaves

Post by Melbourne Red » Thu Nov 01, 2018 1:32 am

From the games I saw it seemed the serious injury Dan sustained a year or so ago was still hampering him. He was often sharp enough to turn a defender but then couldn't get his shot away quickly enough and it would be blocked. When he was given space to run into this was less of a problem as we can see from the Bromey goal and a couple of excellent efforts against Dagenham. Thus, he was a player only likely to score goals against the weaker/less confident teams. I would guess that he will now drop down to Conference South (Brackley?) where he may have more luck. Hopefully we can use the funds saved to get Mensah back! He doesn't seem to be able to get off the Lincoln bench, so could well go back to Bristol Rovers in January as they will surely want him to go somewhere where he will be playing regularly.

DonnyDarko2012
Posts: 217
Joined: Tue Jun 08, 2010 7:09 pm
Re: Dan Holman Leaves

Post by DonnyDarko2012 » Thu Nov 01, 2018 7:59 am

fredandballou wrote:
Wed Oct 31, 2018 11:01 pm
Dan only made two starting eleven appearances at the EBB against Barnet (subbed 64 min) and against Dagenham & R (played the 90 min). He played one other game for the 90 min - against Fylde. Funny he was only used as a second half sub for the majority of games he was with us when we needed him on the pitch scoring goals as since the start of the year our 'goals for' has been poor to say the least.
According to this he made 6 starts https://www.soccerbase.com/teams/team.s ... Tabs=stats

ians
Posts: 98
Joined: Wed Jan 10, 2007 1:29 pm
Re: Dan Holman Leaves

Post by ians » Thu Nov 01, 2018 10:12 am

It has to be a real concern that are normal starting line up is currently Rendell McClure and Fenalon as the attacking three!
After two and a half years surely the penny should have dropped?

Preston Shot
Posts: 103
Joined: Tue Jul 24, 2018 10:23 am
Re: Dan Holman Leaves

Post by Preston Shot » Thu Nov 01, 2018 10:20 am

ians wrote:
Thu Nov 01, 2018 10:12 am
It has to be a real concern that are normal starting line up is currently Rendell McClure and Fenalon as the attacking three!
After two and a half years surely the penny should have dropped?
Jacob Berkeley Agyepong is potentially our number one forward who must be back from injury shortly ?


Post Reply