Purchasing Bradford City tickets online

Birdman
Re: Purchasing Bradford City tickets online

Post by Birdman » Mon Nov 05, 2018 8:19 pm

80fc wrote:
Mon Nov 05, 2018 8:03 pm
As I season ticket holder I thought I'd see what all the fuss was about using the online ticket purchase was all about. Two tickets bought, print at home, easy as shelling peas I don't know what the problem is.
Ok, those of you experiencing problems, are you still using dial-up as your interweb connection? :wink:

Oliver11

Post by Oliver11 » Mon Nov 05, 2018 8:19 pm

I still have reservations about going to the online system.

Money is clearly tight for the club and the commission the provider will surely take I think outweighs the benefits of using it.

We've never needed it before and certainly not over crowded at present.

Just my opinion.

86/87 Glory Year

Post by 86/87 Glory Year » Mon Nov 05, 2018 8:25 pm

I used it this afternoon. Not too bad. Wouldn’t say it was without a couple of teething problems but all done. 2 tickets booked. Just hope there is no one sitting in my seats on Saturday.

Vonpinkus

Post by Vonpinkus » Mon Nov 05, 2018 8:26 pm

Hi Birdman
No I am on super fast virgin cable, or so they tell me. :)

Birdman

Post by Birdman » Mon Nov 05, 2018 8:31 pm

Oliver11 wrote:
Mon Nov 05, 2018 8:19 pm
I still have reservations about going to the online system.

Money is clearly tight for the club and the commission the provider will surely take I think outweighs the benefits of using it.

We've never needed it before and certainly not over crowded at present.

Just my opinion.
I expect that the provider is getting a commission but using this method can cut down on business customer bank charges for handling cash, both depositing and withdrawing, costs that non-business customers don't get charged as such. The more people that use the system the less bank charges for the club.

Birdman

Post by Birdman » Mon Nov 05, 2018 8:34 pm

Vonpinkus wrote:
Mon Nov 05, 2018 8:26 pm
Hi Birdman
No I am on super fast virgin cable, or so they tell me. :)
Are you sure you're upto date with yer extortionate monthly bill?

Vonpinkus

Post by Vonpinkus » Mon Nov 05, 2018 8:45 pm

Oh yes, as just had another why are we paying so much conversation with she who must be obeyed.

Warnboro of the South

Post by Warnboro of the South » Mon Nov 05, 2018 8:48 pm

What crowd will we have?

2,200?

Birdman

Post by Birdman » Mon Nov 05, 2018 9:00 pm

Vonpinkus wrote:
Mon Nov 05, 2018 8:45 pm
Oh yes, as just had another why are we paying so much conversation with she who must be obeyed.
Understood. :wink: :D

Richard Petty

Post by Richard Petty » Tue Nov 06, 2018 10:34 am

Vonpinkus wrote:
Mon Nov 05, 2018 8:45 pm
I keep having a similar conversation with myself over the cost of Virgin media, they are way overpriced but they do offer (and to be fair deliver) the fastest broadband.

Graham Stovold

Post by Graham Stovold » Wed Nov 07, 2018 8:01 pm

Just used the system again & seems to be working fine. To be honest, I've never had a problem using the system although it's not perfect on an iPad, the problem I have had is other people sitting in the seat I have brought in advance.

Andyenn

Post by Andyenn » Wed Nov 07, 2018 8:40 pm

I have no problem with having an online system - the club dont have to print loads of tickets anymore (half of which probably dont get sold anyway). There seems to be no hardware (other than a mobile phone in the turnstile?), so no upfront costs. The club are doing this to save money, not to waste it, which is fine by me!

I do have some feedback though. I dont use the system very often as I am a season ticket holder, but I have just used it for the second time.
- Booking my seat and another place in the east bank for my son was a bit of a faff. It invovled going backwards and forwards a bit.
- It isnt obvious which seats were taken and which were free. Ok, this took 10 seconds of trial and error, but still could be avoided.
- I didnt notice the £1 donation (by default) the first time I used this. If we are going to try to get these donations it needs to be a bit more up front about it.
- I wanted to print my two tickets at home (mobile phones are a bit new fangled for me). For some reason it wanted to print two tickets on two separate pieces of paper, with two massive colourful logos on each. How about we save a few trees and ink cartridges by printing several tickets on one sheet, and we only have a couple of small logos?

Richard Petty

Post by Richard Petty » Thu Nov 08, 2018 10:14 am

Andyenn wrote:
Wed Nov 07, 2018 8:40 pm
I have no problem with having an online system - the club dont have to print loads of tickets anymore (half of which probably dont get sold anyway). There seems to be no hardware (other than a mobile phone in the turnstile?), so no upfront costs. The club are doing this to save money, not to waste it, which is fine by me!

I do have some feedback though. I dont use the system very often as I am a season ticket holder, but I have just used it for the second time.
- Booking my seat and another place in the east bank for my son was a bit of a faff. It invovled going backwards and forwards a bit.
- It isnt obvious which seats were taken and which were free. Ok, this took 10 seconds of trial and error, but still could be avoided.
- I didnt notice the £1 donation (by default) the first time I used this. If we are going to try to get these donations it needs to be a bit more up front about it.
- I wanted to print my two tickets at home (mobile phones are a bit new fangled for me). For some reason it wanted to print two tickets on two separate pieces of paper, with two massive colourful logos on each. How about we save a few trees and ink cartridges by printing several tickets on one sheet, and we only have a couple of small logos?
Its a good suggestion environmentally but the problem that I can see with that is that each person should be in possession of their ticket, Particularly in your case where you are in a seat and your son is in the eastbank. I print quite a few online tickets off for things and I cant recall ever having an option to put them all onto one piece of paper.

If you have adobe Acrobat pdf editor on your PC or Laptop then I guess you could edit out the Logo's, and move the second ticket onto the one sheet of paper with the first one but to be honest it would be a bit of pain having to do all that each time and then you would have to cut the piece of paper into two so that you had your ticket for your seat and your son would have his for the Eastbank.

What should be on the ticket is not just Logo's but paid for advertising because that is a huge opportunity for the club to make a lot of money out of the Online ticketing,

Oldershot

Post by Oldershot » Thu Nov 08, 2018 10:58 am

Was not the £1 increase in entry this season supposed to cover the cost of online ticketing whether you use it or not?
I don't know what the saving will be for the club having to still run both systems?
If the pay at the turnstye on the day is discontinued it may knock a few more of the gate. I can see that it's
very useful for fans wanting to sit in their usual seat to book online buy not much point if you are standing as there is always plenty of room.

Richard Petty

Post by Richard Petty » Thu Nov 08, 2018 1:20 pm

Oldershot wrote:
Thu Nov 08, 2018 10:58 am
Was not the £1 increase in entry this season supposed to cover the cost of online ticketing whether you use it or not?
I don't know what the saving will be for the club having to still run both systems?
If the pay at the turnstye on the day is discontinued it may knock a few more of the gate. I can see that it's
very useful for fans wanting to sit in their usual seat to book online buy not much point if you are standing as there is always plenty of room.
There are no longer two systems Oldershot, the club doesn't have to buy in expensive pre printed tickets anymore as even the ones sold on the day are just run off on the new online system printers in the ticket office as and when needed, that's a lot cheaper.

The club did say when the online system was launched was that it was not intended to stop pay on the day customers and there would be no need to as other than a bit of printer ink/toner there is no difference in cost to the club in providing a ticket on the day. What will happen though is over time more and more people will see the benefit of pre purchasing so the numbers paying on the day will become fewer and fewer but will never completely disappear as there will always be some impulse spectators on the day.