Poppy shirts

Swedishshot
Poppy shirts

Post by Swedishshot » Sun Nov 04, 2018 6:12 pm

Anyone know if the club are planning to auction off the squad shirts with poppies on again like last season?

HarryTom
Re: Poppy shirts

Post by HarryTom » Sun Nov 04, 2018 6:26 pm

Swedishshot wrote:
Sun Nov 04, 2018 6:12 pm
Anyone know if the club are planning to auction off the squad shirts with poppies on again like last season?
Just a thought, I know we could do with the pennies at the moment, but would it not be a nice gesture for the players at the of the match to go to all sides of the ground and give them to the youngsters. I am sure they would be most appreciative of the actions of the players and club

A Shot from Wales

Post by A Shot from Wales » Sun Nov 04, 2018 7:36 pm

HarryTom wrote:
Sun Nov 04, 2018 6:26 pm
Swedishshot wrote:
Just a thought, I know we could do with the pennies at the moment, but would it not be a nice gesture for the players at the of the match to go to all sides of the ground and give them to the youngsters. I am sure they would be most appreciative of the actions of the players and club

‘....we could do with the pennies’.

No, I would be disappointed if the proceeds failed to enter the account of the Royal British Legion Poppy Day Appeal. I’m pretty sure that is what happened in previous years.

HarryTom

Post by HarryTom » Sun Nov 04, 2018 7:41 pm

A Shot from Wales wrote:
Sun Nov 04, 2018 7:36 pm
HarryTom wrote:
Swedishshot wrote:

No, I would be disappointed if the proceeds failed to enter the account of the Royal British Legion Poppy Day Appeal. I’m pretty sure that is what happened in previous years.
If that's the case fine, I wasn't aware, but if it's not the case , then give them to the youngsters

Shots1954

Post by Shots1954 » Sun Nov 04, 2018 8:34 pm

HarryTom wrote:
Sun Nov 04, 2018 7:41 pm
A Shot from Wales wrote:
HarryTom wrote:

If that's the case fine, I wasn't aware, but if it's not the case , then give them to the youngsters
Is this not a question for the CEO? Just asking

James Frazer

Post by James Frazer » Sun Nov 04, 2018 9:19 pm

Wrong thread. This is becoming tedious. Why not keep all your gripes to a single thread that the rest of us can then ignore.

Shots1954

Post by Shots1954 » Sun Nov 04, 2018 9:32 pm

James Frazer wrote:
Sun Nov 04, 2018 9:19 pm
Wrong thread. This is becoming tedious. Why not keep all your gripes to a single thread that the rest of us can then ignore.
Why wrong thread? It's a simple question that the CEO should answer, I don't have a gripe at all.

Trust in Gary

Post by Trust in Gary » Mon Nov 05, 2018 1:07 pm

HarryTom wrote:
Swedishshot wrote:
17 shirts divided around Even 500 kids good luck with that

brian bloomfield

Post by brian bloomfield » Mon Nov 05, 2018 1:10 pm

All monies raised will go to the Poopy Appeal. This is a great initiative

Aldershot_Rob

Post by Aldershot_Rob » Mon Nov 05, 2018 2:23 pm

It's always gone to the RBLI Poppy fund and will continue to do so. Not sure why anyone would think otherwise

HarryTom

Post by HarryTom » Mon Nov 05, 2018 2:41 pm

Trust in Gary wrote:
Mon Nov 05, 2018 1:07 pm
HarryTom wrote:
Swedishshot wrote:
17 shirts divided around Even 500 kids good luck with that

:roll: :roll:

tonygodfrey

Post by tonygodfrey » Mon Nov 05, 2018 2:45 pm

Shots1954 wrote:
Sun Nov 04, 2018 9:32 pm
James Frazer wrote:
Why wrong thread? It's a simple question that the CEO should answer, I don't have a gripe at all.
Would hope and expect that the CEO has far better things to worry about than answering every question that is ever raised on here.

The bottom line is that it's up to the shareholders, represented by the Board, to appoint who they see fit to run the club (just as it's up to the Manager to pick the players he wants). Any new person coming in will likely want to shake things up a bit and do some things a little bit differently. That often creates a bit of a fuss within the company but it is standard business practise (so get over it). This constant belittling of the CEO, especially in relation to a subject such as the poppy appeal, does nobody any credit.

HarryTom

Post by HarryTom » Mon Nov 05, 2018 2:47 pm

Aldershot_Rob wrote:
Mon Nov 05, 2018 2:23 pm
It's always gone to the RBLI Poppy fund and will continue to do so. Not sure why anyone would think otherwise
Because some people may not have realised that it always goes to the RBL, i.e.supporters who have just started to watch the Shots ect..

Shots1954

Post by Shots1954 » Mon Nov 05, 2018 10:13 pm

tonygodfrey wrote:
Mon Nov 05, 2018 2:45 pm
Shots1954 wrote:
Sun Nov 04, 2018 9:32 pm
James Frazer wrote:
Would hope and expect that the CEO has far better things to worry about than answering every question that is ever raised on here.

The bottom line is that it's up to the shareholders, represented by the Board, to appoint who they see fit to run the club (just as it's up to the Manager to pick the players he wants). Any new person coming in will likely want to shake things up a bit and do some things a little bit differently. That often creates a bit of a fuss within the company but it is standard business practise (so get over it). This constant belittling of the CEO, especially in relation to a subject such as the poppy appeal, does nobody any credit.
Whose criticising? I merely said I thought it was a question the CEO could answer.

Portly Stilton Shot

Post by Portly Stilton Shot » Tue Nov 06, 2018 2:25 pm

A Shot from Wales wrote:
HarryTom wrote:
Swedishshot wrote:

Hear Hear ASFW, I would suggest that anyone who thinks differently should feel ashamed of themselves!