Poppy shirts

Richard Petty
Re: Poppy shirts

Post by Richard Petty » Tue Nov 06, 2018 2:35 pm

Lets not have another falling out on here please.

I am sure that those who initially suggested the club benefiting from the Poppy shirts were simply unaware of what we have done in the past and it just hadn't occurred to them at the time of posting that they could be auctioned on behalf of the British Legion. Now that they are aware I am sure they will be 100% behind that. :D

HarryTom

Post by HarryTom » Tue Nov 06, 2018 2:59 pm

Portly Stilton Shot wrote:
Tue Nov 06, 2018 2:25 pm
A Shot from Wales wrote:
Sun Nov 04, 2018 7:36 pm
HarryTom wrote:
Sun Nov 04, 2018 6:26 pm

Just a thought, I know we could do with the pennies at the moment, but would it not be a nice gesture for the players at the of the match to go to all sides of the ground and give them to the youngsters. I am sure they would be most appreciative of the actions of the players and club

‘....we could do with the pennies’.

No, I would be disappointed if the proceeds failed to enter the account of the Royal British Legion Poppy Day Appeal. I’m pretty sure that is what happened in previous years.
Hear Hear ASFW, I would suggest that anyone who thinks differently should feel ashamed of themselves!
Please read my post above. (page 1)

GWRBA

Post by GWRBA » Tue Nov 06, 2018 4:52 pm

I bid in previous years and heard no mention of funds going to the RBL - checking on the website it only says 'would make a great Christmas present' not 'raise funds for the RBL'.

Checking the story just published for this year https://www.theshots.co.uk/shots-to-hon ... rance-day/ it only says that we're donating one shirt to the RBL, not funds from the auction. Have we had official clarification on this?

Birdman

Post by Birdman » Tue Nov 06, 2018 5:37 pm

GWRBA wrote:
Tue Nov 06, 2018 4:52 pm
I bid in previous years and heard no mention of funds going to the RBL - checking on the website it only says 'would make a great Christmas present' not 'raise funds for the RBL'.

Checking the story just published for this year https://www.theshots.co.uk/shots-to-hon ... rance-day/ it only says that we're donating one shirt to the RBL, not funds from the auction. Have we had official clarification on this?
I'm guessing that the donated shirt will be for the local branch of the RBL to do with as they see fit (an auction/raffle prize for their own local branch maybe). I won't disagree that a bit more clarity re our auctioned shirts and funds raised wouldn't go amiss.

GWRBA

Post by GWRBA » Wed Nov 07, 2018 12:10 pm

Reply from Mark Butler...

"The funds are being split between us and the RBL, we will be presenting them with a full signed Poppy shirt for them to raise money and making a donation from the final amount we raise after our costs are taken out"

Portly Stilton Shot

Post by Portly Stilton Shot » Wed Nov 07, 2018 3:11 pm

HarryTom wrote:
Tue Nov 06, 2018 2:59 pm
A Shot from Wales wrote:
Sun Nov 04, 2018 7:36 pm

‘....we could do with the pennies’.

No, I would be disappointed if the proceeds failed to enter the account of the Royal British Legion Poppy Day Appeal. I’m pretty sure that is what happened in previous years.
Hear Hear ASFW, I would suggest that anyone who thinks differently should feel ashamed of themselves!
No offence was meant Harry and I've no doubt whatsoever that you're a decent and honourable man. I just firmly believe that no man, club or organisation other that the Campaign organisers (the RBL) should benefit financially from Remembrance Day.

HarryTom

Post by HarryTom » Wed Nov 07, 2018 3:20 pm

Wed Nov 07, 2018 3:11 pm
HarryTom wrote:
Tue Nov 06, 2018 2:59 pm

No offence was meant Harry and I've no doubt whatsoever that you're a decent and honourable man. I just firmly believe that no man, club or organisation other that the Campaign organisers (the RBL) should benefit financially from Remembrance Day.
Thank you PSS, no offence taken, wearing my poppy as we speak.