Shahid Azeem Out out out!!!

Aldershot_Rob
Re: Shahid Azeem Out out out!!!

Post by Aldershot_Rob » Thu Dec 06, 2018 7:11 pm

One thing this thread shows is there are some people who have chosen to stay away due to their dislike of the current BoD.
For thos, i would urge you to rethink your current choice to stay away and to start attending games again, because now more than ever, atfc 1992, needs all the support it can get.

steveshot

Post by steveshot » Thu Dec 06, 2018 7:28 pm

I would think it’s because it’s not happening on the pitch that people are staying away, if we were flying they would be through the turnstiles
Sent from my iPhone whilst stuffing a bag of salt n vinegar crisps

Cph.shots

Post by Cph.shots » Thu Dec 06, 2018 8:23 pm

Quietobserver wrote:
Thu Dec 06, 2018 3:41 pm
Cph.shots wrote:
Thu Dec 06, 2018 11:38 am
DonnyDarko2012 wrote:
Thu Dec 06, 2018 9:27 am
You really are a master at twisting what somebody says. No chip needs addressing. I was merely pointing out that you are usually the first one to jump on (and insult) anyone who says anything against Shahid. Keep clapping, smiling and seeing the world through rose tinted specs.

Sorry DD ibbut haven't insulted anyone, barely voiced my opinion. I think the only thing I can be accused of is having an open mind and not joining in with the general mass hysteria on this thread.
At no point have I said anyone is "right", infallible " and I don't follow any one blindly. I question everything I hear and read and fact check as much as possible. The problem is that, if one is not baying for Shahids blood then one is automatically his follower. You are trying to drown a debate by labelling anyone with a different opinion as being in some kind of derogatory group. Everything is not black and white. FACTS are the only thing that matter here, not your or my opinion.
Let's try to stop the sniping so the thread doesn't get locked.
Is it really mass hysteria though, if a former member of the board and current minority stakeholder in the club, has come out and made some worrisome statements? Hysteria usually assumes that the criticism/outcry is devoid of merit. If what Brian is saying is true (and I doubt he'd have a reason to lie about it) - i cant see how the comments in this thread amount to hysteria.
I'm definitely not doubting Brian either and am very concerned about what happened there but As far As I can see, Brian didn't post untiquite a few pages in to the thread. I haven't looked at the original post but I think it was based on something less concrete.
But I suppose it's just splitting hairs a bit now.

Bristol Shot

Post by Bristol Shot » Thu Dec 06, 2018 9:57 pm

[/quote]

Sorrty, but you cant seperate the board from the manager/players in relation to the performances on the pitch. Its all well and good saying the budget stayed the same, but first off you have to account for inflationary pressures. The cost of services and goods never stays the same year on year, and that includes the cost of football players and subsequently their wages. Secondly you have more monied clubs coming into the league, which in turn means there is more competition for players which in turn means the price of those players and their wages rises.

At the same time though, Gary has made some poor recruitment and poor tactical decisions at times. Its a combination of both things. Both the budget and Gary making mistakes in how he spent it.
[/quote]

Given that we have budgeted for 2450 attendance and the board would have known that they were increasing the ticket prices for this season, I would suggest that accounting for inflation was definitely included.

Fair Oak Shot

Post by Fair Oak Shot » Fri Dec 07, 2018 12:58 am

Fair Oak Shot wrote:
Sun Dec 02, 2018 1:03 pm
There are a lot of posts on here saying we should accept our situation. Most agree Waddock has not got the resources at his disposal to make the most of his managerial ability. The fans in the 80's would have been protesting, chanting either manager or chairman out based on the last couple of home performances. The fans seem to be just accepting our fate. For me it's time that Shahid is pressurised to pump some real money in or find someone to take over from him. I think we have seen enough. No real leadership, not enough investment, not enough of his own time by his own admission. No ambition. It's time for Shots fans to show some passion and let Azeem know that that what's being served up is not good enough.
In answer to a couple of posters criticising me for being disrespectful and calling for the chairs head. The Topic Title was intended to be an attention grabber and was a consequence of my frustration at how the club has lost ambition and direction. Yes if the Chairman doesn't take constructive action to improve the situation soon I would like to see him replaced. I am also happy to see Shahid stay if he can turn things around. My original post was not totally focused on the Chairman's position. It is was also intended to challenge the malaise & quiet acceptance of many supporters that the situation we are in has to be tolerated. I want to see enough force of opinion both here on this board and vocally at the ground as well to make the Chairman take notice that improvements have to be made.

Unfortunately rather than protest, many fans have just chosen to not attend and are staying away until something better is on offer.

I do not agree the BOD have allowed Gary sufficient resources. Same budget as last year or not. It is clear funds didn't allow him to retain the players he wanted to in competition with other clubs offers. The squad has got weaker over the last two seasons. There has been a loss of experience and quality throughout the team. How the BOD expects any fans to buy the half season season tickets when we can't even fill a subs bench Is beyond me. Don't get me started about how desperate the situation is in respect of not being able to field a genuine Conference class striker in the team.

Anyway the topic has drawn out some good debate & some excellent posts from Abee & Brian Bloomfield which has enlightened us all. The view count shows that the Topic certainly raised some interest so for those reasons I don't regret my attention grabbing & inflammatory Topic Title.

Dr Jim Royle

Post by Dr Jim Royle » Fri Dec 07, 2018 6:49 am

For a moment let's forget why Budgets not increased or kept at a similar level. Below are just GUESTIMATES not factual but in the ball park maybe?

This season we lost :-

Will Evans - to a two year deal and on twice his wages with us, Chesterfield not exactly pulling up trees.

Alexander & Reynolds - again a two year deal on improved wages and less travel from home. Barnet not pulling up trees.

Kellerman - To Scottish Premiership on triple wages, now at Fylde and from what I can gather, not a regular pick.

We Kept :-

McClure and Rowe who have spent more time on the injury list than on the pitch.

Fenelon, whose form was patchy at best but another more injured than fit.

Rendell, who was our best outlet until yet another horrible injury likely to keep him out for months.

Cole - Yet again injured.

Our "spine" signing in the summer was Osbourne, add up the minutes we might total three games.

Hungry young Players signed, Wannado & JBA, failing to sparkle and yet more times on injury table.

Dan Holman don’t get me started !!

Loanees - Been good but so young have lacked any real experience.

For me, Gary has not impressed with this seasons decisions, OK he wanted better players but money hindered, I still see better squads in our league with better players and my GUESS on less money. So for me Gary has a lot of work to do to put it right.

These are my thoughts so there to be shot at.

steveshot

Post by steveshot » Fri Dec 07, 2018 7:58 am

Corporal McClure: Take aim between the eyes
Fire:
You are one lucky man Dr, he missed
😜
I would ‘assume’ that the younger players are cheaper but also hungry, whereas the much travelled pro would want higher wages?

westy

Post by westy » Fri Dec 07, 2018 8:21 am

Who have people got in mind if the chairman and board resign, to do a better job. Understanding that the budget will still be much the same, and would this thread even exist if we were challenging for a play off place.

steveshot

Post by steveshot » Fri Dec 07, 2018 8:42 am

No

Ancient Shot

Post by Ancient Shot » Fri Dec 07, 2018 8:44 am

Aldershot_Rob wrote:
Thu Dec 06, 2018 7:11 pm
One thing this thread shows is there are some people who have chosen to stay away due to their dislike of the current BoD.
I would think that is a VERY small minority

Could even be the latest bandwagon being jumped on?

mountpleasant61

Post by mountpleasant61 » Fri Dec 07, 2018 8:59 am

To FairOakShot.
Your summing up of the players budget for Gary and everything else you wrote is as far as I am concerned spot on.
It sums up most in a few words.
I still think a new BoD is needed to bring in some money and new ideas and I also think it will give the fans renewed enthusiasm and hope.

HarryTom

Post by HarryTom » Fri Dec 07, 2018 9:25 am

Dr Jim Royle wrote:
Fri Dec 07, 2018 6:49 am
For a moment let's forget why Budgets not increased or kept at a similar level. Below are just GUESTIMATES not factual but in the ball park maybe?

This season we lost :-

Will Evans - to a two year deal and on twice his wages with us, Chesterfield not exactly pulling up trees.

Alexander & Reynolds - again a two year deal on improved wages and less travel from home. Barnet not pulling up trees.

Kellerman - To Scottish Premiership on triple wages, now at Fylde and from what I can gather, not a regular pick.

We Kept :-

McClure and Rowe who have spent more time on the injury list than on the pitch.

Fenelon, whose form was patchy at best but another more injured than fit.

Rendell, who was our best outlet until yet another horrible injury likely to keep him out for months.

Cole - Yet again injured.

Our "spine" signing in the summer was Osbourne, add up the minutes we might total three games.

Hungry young Players signed, Wannado & JBA, failing to sparkle and yet more times on injury table.

Dan Holman don’t get me started !!

Loanees - Been good but so young have lacked any real experience.

For me, Gary has not impressed with this seasons decisions, OK he wanted better players but money hindered, I still see better squads in our league with better players and my GUESS on less money. So for me Gary has a lot of work to do to put it right.

These are my thoughts so there to be shot at.
Dr JR, Excellent post, I know a lot of people will not have anything said against GW,, and i am a fan of GW, but this season so far, has been a disaster on the field, and this falls at GW feet, I am fed up with the NOT ENOUGH MONEY argument, As said on here many times, the MACC last season did ok.

DonnyDarko2012

Post by DonnyDarko2012 » Fri Dec 07, 2018 9:26 am

Ancient Shot wrote:
Fri Dec 07, 2018 8:44 am
Aldershot_Rob wrote:

Don't let the truth get in the way of a dig!

HarryTom

Post by HarryTom » Fri Dec 07, 2018 9:29 am

:lol:
DonnyDarko2012 wrote:
Fri Dec 07, 2018 9:26 am
Ancient Shot wrote:
Fri Dec 07, 2018 8:44 am
Aldershot_Rob wrote:

Don't let the truth get in the way of a dig!
:lol:

Ancient Shot

Post by Ancient Shot » Fri Dec 07, 2018 9:33 am

Ho ho!

So what's the truth then?