Shahid Azeem Out out out!!!

Cph.shots
Re: Shahid Azeem Out out out!!!

Post by Cph.shots » Wed Dec 05, 2018 3:26 pm

[[/quote]

Spoken from the heart! I feel there are many who are in the Yes Mr Chairman brigade as such. sadly you can tell them a mile off!
[/quote]

Not sure what you're trying to say here WTF or if it's just a chance to start another brigade. We have so many now, it's getting a bit like the Life of Brian.

We have "The Happy Clappy brigade", The "Shahid can do no wrong" brigade. and now you're one, what do they all stand for?
The names strike me as a touch derogatory, maybe I'm wrong.

Personally I'm in yet another brigade, The "shouldn't we have another chairman lined up berfore we fire this one" brigade.

WTF

Post by WTF » Wed Dec 05, 2018 3:47 pm

All Im trying to say is there is clearly a problem, huge losses and a lot of discontent around the club. As firm Shots supporters we need to be assured that the club is in good hands and with the Trust giving up their seat on the board who were there in some respect to see that, then having to resign because of some clear disagreement which they cannot discuss because of an NDA. I just feel that those that back the Chairman no matter what ought to think and look outside the box?

steveshot

Post by steveshot » Wed Dec 05, 2018 4:27 pm

I’m Gobsmacked after reading what Brian has said!

Lazio

Post by Lazio » Wed Dec 05, 2018 5:04 pm

Are you really that surprised?

hepcat

Post by hepcat » Wed Dec 05, 2018 5:05 pm

There's clearly something not right; there is no positive buzz around the place or feeling that we're going somewhere ; there's just loads of despairing factions with the team and manager playing as if things are hopeless or without a future and going through the motions. The buzz would be there if we had real positive vibes about the stadium redevelopment ; the youth team as our future ; some sort of vision from the board. Something for us all to buy into. The vibes are just all wrong at present. We need all the cards put on the table so we can see a way forward. It just doesn't seem to be there at the moment. This season is a total write off ,so lets plan for the next few with things we can believe in.

steveshot

Post by steveshot » Wed Dec 05, 2018 5:25 pm

Lazio wrote:
Wed Dec 05, 2018 5:04 pm
Are you really that surprised?
Normally a coin has 2 sides and I wait until I’ve heard everything. I don’t think we’ll ever know all the facts, just get drip fed bits

WTF

Post by WTF » Wed Dec 05, 2018 5:43 pm

hepcat wrote:
Wed Dec 05, 2018 5:05 pm
There's clearly something not right; there is no positive buzz around the place or feeling that we're going somewhere ; there's just loads of despairing factions with the team and manager playing as if things are hopeless or without a future and going through the motions. The buzz would be there if we had real positive vibes about the stadium redevelopment ; the youth team as our future ; some sort of vision from the board. Something for us all to buy into. The vibes are just all wrong at present. We need all the cards put on the table so we can see a way forward. It just doesn't seem to be there at the moment. This season is a total write off ,so lets plan for the next few with things we can believe in.
Exactly hepcat!

Shots1954

Post by Shots1954 » Wed Dec 05, 2018 7:10 pm

Cph.shots wrote:
Wed Dec 05, 2018 3:26 pm
[
Spoken from the heart! I feel there are many who are in the Yes Mr Chairman brigade as such. sadly you can tell them a mile off!
[/quote]

Not sure what you're trying to say here WTF or if it's just a chance to start another brigade. We have so many now, it's getting a bit like the Life of Brian.

We have "The Happy Clappy brigade", The "Shahid can do no wrong" brigade. and now you're one, what do they all stand for?
The names strike me as a touch derogatory, maybe I'm wrong.

Personally I'm in yet another brigade, The "shouldn't we have another chairman lined up berfore we fire this one" brigade.
[/quote]
I think what WTF is trying to say is that many people just side with the chairman per se instead of having a balanced view. What Brian has described is unbelievable as such but it appears he had the forsight to keep communications so he can back what he says.

team from clanmell

Post by team from clanmell » Wed Dec 05, 2018 9:13 pm

Can i join the happy clappers ? Hitler will never invade poland...........
Lazio you made me laugh silly 01st of April.......good date now why does it ring a bell ? Come on Birdie you must want some facts after Mr Bloomfields post. Whats more I still feel he was not the only one. Maybe a giant Peugeot Citroen dealership is going on the present ground as well as a newer bigger temple.....who knows.

Disturbed Postie

Post by Disturbed Postie » Wed Dec 05, 2018 9:52 pm

team from clanmell wrote:
Wed Dec 05, 2018 9:13 pm
Can i join the happy clappers ? Hitler will never invade poland...........
Lazio you made me laugh silly 01st of April.......good date now why does it ring a bell ? Come on Birdie you must want some facts after Mr Bloomfields post. Whats more I still feel he was not the only one. Maybe a giant Peugeot Citroen dealership is going on the present ground as well as a newer bigger temple.....who knows.
Maybe the wolves 🐺 might beat Chelsea one day :o

team from clanmell

Post by team from clanmell » Wed Dec 05, 2018 10:34 pm

Del boy.....they did.

Disturbed Postie

Post by Disturbed Postie » Wed Dec 05, 2018 10:48 pm

team from clanmell wrote:
Wed Dec 05, 2018 10:34 pm
Del boy.....they did.
Oh dear, looks like Maine road will be collecting again :oops:

scorp

Post by scorp » Thu Dec 06, 2018 12:34 am

steveshot wrote:
Wed Dec 05, 2018 4:27 pm
Join the club, Steve. The Gobsmacked one.

DonnyDarko2012

Post by DonnyDarko2012 » Thu Dec 06, 2018 8:01 am

scorp wrote:
Thu Dec 06, 2018 12:34 am
steveshot wrote:
Wed Dec 05, 2018 4:27 pm
Join the club, Steve. The Gobsmacked one.
This!

No doubt the relevant brigade members will ignore the contents of Brian's post and jump on anyone who wants to delve deeper into it.

DonnyDarko2012

Post by DonnyDarko2012 » Thu Dec 06, 2018 8:06 am

brian bloomfield wrote:
Wed Dec 05, 2018 10:32 am
What is important is that if you have been involved with the football club in any capacity that your written communication is factual and not speculation. One benefit I have had through business is understanding the need to keep all emails, texts and documentation relevant to your current position, this way you can check your facts without second guessing and counter any rebuttal with time dates and the correspondence taken.
As I wrote in the 2nd post of this long but informative and well conducted thread “Calling for the head of anyone doesn’t help to solve the imminent issues ahead whatever our beliefs.
The resignation of the Shots Trust board position is very disappointing. I have made known my feelings about wishing the club to become a proper community owned entity and having taken 2 years whilst a director to convince the board to bring on the Trust I feel it is a backward step that they have relinquished their position. Of course, Tommy Anderson and the Trust board have indicated they have good reasons, in their statement and what has been discussed by other parties on this message thread we can quite easily put 2 and 2 together.
I would like just to respond to a misleading comment made that referred as factual that I resigned from the board of directors, this is not true! Let me explain
The facts are
In mid-December 2016 I had a 40-minute telephone conversation with the club Chairman where we expressed our views on the running of the club. My view was that there was needed a top end change and was quite forthright but very respectful in my opinions. The Chairman asked did I want his job? I said “No! I want our club to be run properly and financially prudent, that’s all I want”
I followed the telephone conversation up with an email to the board of directors indicating that if the board were not going to make consequential changes necessary for the good of the club then I would have no other option than to consider my position on the board.
On 3rd January I got a call from the Vice Chairman John Leppard requesting me to meet both he and the Chairman for an open discussion, so we could all move forward positively together, I accepted this and booked a flight back from Barcelona.
On Saturday 7th January at 12am prior to the Southport home match and over 1 hour and 40 minutes Shahid, John and I discussed my serious concerns surrounding both the day to day running and governance of the club. The meeting was very convivial, and we finished with a handshake and an agreement between us being quite specific in what I would do in continuing to be a hands on director. Shahid said he would confirm to the board on Thursday 12th January that I was staying and what I had agreed to do during the private meeting. Happy days all round as we won the game 2-1. I went back to Barcelona on the Sunday morning and proceeded to put in place my part of the agreement.
On Saturday 16th January at 11am I received a call from John Leppard to say the board had accepted my resignation. I referred to him that I hadn’t resigned in written or verbal form and asked what was the 1 hour 40 minutes clear the air meeting and gentleman’s handshakes the previous Saturday for. John said quite bluntly the decisions been made. His response and tone told me all I needed hear. I had been removed by the board for reasons unknown and to this day have not received from the club a letter as to the reasons why, but I believe my presumptions as to the reasons why I was removed will be correct.
First and foremost, I am a supporter and will do everything I can to either help or protect the club. That’s why I allowed the club to say I had resigned as I didn’t want bad PR in what was on the field at least a reasonable season.
We are nearly 2 years down the line, so this is history, but misleading statements/ assumptions/beliefs should not be allowed to prosper if indeed non-factual.
I do not in anyway apologise for caring for this club in a way other people don’t or may not understand. The club is nothing without the supporters and I’m Aldershot Till Die.
That's a shocking read Brian and I have no reason to disbelieve what you have said - it's similar to other stories that I have heard about how the board have acted.

However, I am puzzled by what you say about misleading statements not being allowed to prosper when, in allowing the club to report your "resignation", you allowed a misleading statement to prosper. I appreciate that you love the club (as we all do), but I don't understand why you didn't take the approach that the trust took and announce you leaving of your own accord.