Free entry to Harrogate's ground on Saturday.

Ancient Shot
Re: Free entry to Harrogate's ground on Saturday.

Post by Ancient Shot » Thu Dec 06, 2018 8:08 am

Airport

Wanderer

Post by Wanderer » Thu Dec 06, 2018 9:54 am

RuislipShot wrote:
Wed Dec 05, 2018 1:46 pm
I just had to get a refund on my train tickets, as the Leeds to Harrogate part of the journey is cancelled due to Northern Rail strike :cry:
Are they cancelled?

According to the weekends emergency timetable, there are still trains from Leeds to Harrogate before and after the game. If like me you were returning via York then there are problems.

AberdeenShots

Post by AberdeenShots » Thu Dec 06, 2018 4:11 pm

It’s a 20 minute walk to Starbeck station I’m told meaning the 1710 to York is just about in range.

If that is too tight I’m up for sharing a taxi post match to York if anyone is connecting there for trains north.

Bathgate Shots should be aboard so that’s the fare sliced right down. In fact we can spin for it - probably the only buzz we’ll get all afternoon.

Oh, and back ‘on thread’, congratulations to Harrogate for admitting members of Her Majesty’s Armed Forces in for nothing. Hopefully they’ll also charge the cockroaches on strike at Northern Rail double.

Wanderer

Post by Wanderer » Thu Dec 06, 2018 7:57 pm

As the club (once again) have given no details about ticketing for this game, it would appear that there is no segregation at the game, similar to Guiseley in previous years.
I am basing this on the fact that they are selling tickets online with no category, while for the their York FA Trophy game there is a distinction between home and away tickets. There is a £2.00 discount if you buy online before Midnight Friday.

I am already fed up with this game having spent nearly 90 minutes this morning trying to find out the validity of my rail tickets, the 18:06 from Harrogate to York isn't running in December despite doing son in September, October and November and was supposed to when I ordered my tickets. I then had to spent another 25 minutes at Guildford Station have my tickets adjusted via Leeds so that I can get home on Saturday costing me an extra £15.

RuislipShot

Post by RuislipShot » Fri Dec 07, 2018 9:40 am

i know the timetable says the trains are running, but, Northern Rail are on strike, so no trains Saturday at all.

DonnyDarko2012

Post by DonnyDarko2012 » Fri Dec 07, 2018 9:51 am

I don't use public transport to get around (unless I really have to) because you're always depending on other people to get things running properly.

My car of four will be driving up, hoping the roads are OK :mrgreen:

Wanderer

Post by Wanderer » Fri Dec 07, 2018 11:12 am

RuislipShot wrote:
Fri Dec 07, 2018 9:40 am
i know the timetable says the trains are running, but, Northern Rail are on strike, so no trains Saturday at all.
Not true, the attachment I aimed you at is the emergency strike timetable and those trains will be running tomorrow, but there won't be any trains after that period. The last train to leave Harrogate tomorrow will be the 17:45 to Leeds, from which you can catch the 18:45 to Kings Cross.

If like me you were booked on the 18:06 from Harrogate to York, that train is not running in December despite running during the strike days in September, October and November.

RuislipShot

Post by RuislipShot » Fri Dec 07, 2018 12:10 pm

Cheers :)

Disturbed Postie

Post by Disturbed Postie » Fri Dec 07, 2018 6:05 pm

DonnyDarko2012 wrote:
Fri Dec 07, 2018 9:51 am
I don't use public transport to get around (unless I really have to) because you're always depending on other people to get things running properly.

I actually agree with that DD, your best post thus far 👍

DonnyDarko2012

Post by DonnyDarko2012 » Mon Dec 10, 2018 7:41 am

Disturbed Postie wrote:
Fri Dec 07, 2018 6:05 pm
DonnyDarko2012 wrote:
Fri Dec 07, 2018 9:51 am

I actually agree with that DD, your best post thus far 👍
Thanks DP 8)

By the time it came to drive home, I wished there'd been roadworks on the way up and I'd decided to turn around and go home! :roll: