Player update, official confirmation

DaveC
Posts: 22
Joined: Thu Jan 23, 2014 8:14 pm
Re: Player update, official confirmation

Post by DaveC » Thu Dec 06, 2018 6:52 pm

Sadly, given the current situation here, I can't imagine any of the loanees being desperate to stay.

Alex
Posts: 1705
Joined: Sat Aug 02, 2008 10:56 pm
Re: Player update, official confirmation

Post by Alex » Thu Dec 06, 2018 6:56 pm

I thought the performances of May only became less effective because he was played too deep. A very good start against Dover, but can’t blame him for not having the same impact after. Was always class on the ball.

Osho looked a very decent CB for our level and as with May above, he was comfortable when in possession and enjoyed bringing the ball out from defence.

We’ll miss them both but I guess all parties have to move on.

Thank you Adam and Gabe and good luck with your futures :)

stevieshot
Posts: 310
Joined: Mon May 10, 2010 1:02 pm
Location: Guildford
Re: Player update, official confirmation

Post by stevieshot » Thu Dec 06, 2018 8:05 pm

Gabe was outstanding away v Bradford, played holding midfield. He is so versatile and has a great future in the game.
Adam was good as an attacking midfield, but was lost when not played down the middle.
Just because of our injury crisis, we will miss Gabe more.
Good luck to both of them, and thanks for their efforts.

Stenhouse
Posts: 101
Joined: Wed Jan 10, 2007 10:58 am
Location: Farnborough
Re: Player update, official confirmation

Post by Stenhouse » Thu Dec 06, 2018 8:07 pm

Alex wrote:
Thu Dec 06, 2018 6:56 pm
I thought the performances of May only became less effective because he was played too deep. A very good start against Dover, but can’t blame him for not having the same impact after. Was always class on the ball.

Osho looked a very decent CB for our level and as with May above, he was comfortable when in possession and enjoyed bringing the ball out from defence.

We’ll miss them both but I guess all parties have to move on.

Thank you Adam and Gabe and good luck with your futures :)
I totally agree with you Alex.

margateshot
Posts: 69
Joined: Tue Mar 06, 2007 10:41 pm
Re: Player update, official confirmation

Post by margateshot » Thu Dec 06, 2018 8:42 pm

MikeO wrote:
Thu Dec 06, 2018 6:49 pm
Agree Warnborough. Just had a look at the Portsmouth FC website, and it states that Adam excelled against Arsenal U21's, following his recall from Aldershot Town. Ah well!
That must be good news for us then. I think it shows that he improved with us playing first team football, and Pompey may feel more inclined to lend us other players. GW does seem to have a reputation of bringing players on.

brian bloomfield
Posts: 213
Joined: Wed Jan 10, 2007 10:00 am
Location: Barcelona
Re: Player update, official confirmation

Post by brian bloomfield » Thu Dec 06, 2018 9:15 pm

Hopefully a few more contracted players can become fit and available prior to the Bedford game.

Fuggletim
Posts: 308
Joined: Sat Jan 18, 2014 11:16 pm
Location: Whitehill
Re: Player update, official confirmation

Post by Fuggletim » Thu Dec 06, 2018 9:34 pm

If not, bring your boots......

Aldershot_Rob
Posts: 183
Joined: Mon Mar 12, 2007 4:54 pm
Location: England
Re: Player update, official confirmation

Post by Aldershot_Rob » Fri Dec 07, 2018 6:33 am

A professional club who will potentially have one sub kn Saturday. Is Jake Cole able to play out field?

DonnyDarko2012
Posts: 345
Joined: Tue Jun 08, 2010 7:09 pm
Re: Player update, official confirmation

Post by DonnyDarko2012 » Fri Dec 07, 2018 9:28 am

Aldershot_Rob wrote:
Fri Dec 07, 2018 6:33 am
A professional club who will potentially have one sub kn Saturday. Is Jake Cole able to play out field?
:shock: I think it was Villa that brought up the question recently about why we have so many injuries (sorry Villa if it wasn't you). Over the time that GW has been back, we seem to have had too much "bad luck" where injuries are concerned. Do the management need to reassess the training methods?

ians
Posts: 109
Joined: Wed Jan 10, 2007 1:29 pm
Re: Player update, official confirmation

Post by ians » Fri Dec 07, 2018 11:36 am

DonnyDarko2012 wrote:
Fri Dec 07, 2018 9:28 am
Aldershot_Rob wrote:
Fri Dec 07, 2018 6:33 am
A professional club who will potentially have one sub kn Saturday. Is Jake Cole able to play out field?
:shock: I think it was Villa that brought up the question recently about why we have so many injuries (sorry Villa if it wasn't you). Over the time that GW has been back, we seem to have had too much "bad luck" where injuries are concerned. Do the management need to reassess the training methods?
That's isn't totally true though as during Waddock's first season we barley had any injuries all season....

DonnyDarko2012
Posts: 345
Joined: Tue Jun 08, 2010 7:09 pm
Re: Player update, official confirmation

Post by DonnyDarko2012 » Fri Dec 07, 2018 12:21 pm

ians wrote:
Fri Dec 07, 2018 11:36 am
DonnyDarko2012 wrote:
Fri Dec 07, 2018 9:28 am
Aldershot_Rob wrote:
Fri Dec 07, 2018 6:33 am
A professional club who will potentially have one sub kn Saturday. Is Jake Cole able to play out field?
:shock: I think it was Villa that brought up the question recently about why we have so many injuries (sorry Villa if it wasn't you). Over the time that GW has been back, we seem to have had too much "bad luck" where injuries are concerned. Do the management need to reassess the training methods?
That's isn't totally true though as during Waddock's first season we barley had any injuries all season....
OK. I thought we had, but I wont argue.

steveshot
Posts: 290
Joined: Sun Apr 01, 2007 9:41 pm
Re: Player update, official confirmation

Post by steveshot » Fri Dec 07, 2018 3:49 pm

thanks Wokingham Shot :)
Last edited by steveshot on Fri Dec 07, 2018 4:03 pm, edited 2 times in total.

Wokingham Shot
Posts: 172
Joined: Wed Aug 22, 2007 12:34 pm
Re: Player update, official confirmation

Post by Wokingham Shot » Fri Dec 07, 2018 3:59 pm

Steve, that twitter account is a parody account

Alex
Posts: 1705
Joined: Sat Aug 02, 2008 10:56 pm
Re: Player update, official confirmation

Post by Alex » Sat Dec 08, 2018 3:36 pm

May not in the Pompey matchday squad today

aldershot-jg
Posts: 679
Joined: Wed Jul 25, 2007 5:17 pm
Location: Aldershot
Re: Player update, official confirmation

Post by aldershot-jg » Sat Dec 08, 2018 3:45 pm

DonnyDarko2012 wrote:
Fri Dec 07, 2018 12:21 pm
ians wrote:
Fri Dec 07, 2018 11:36 am
DonnyDarko2012 wrote:
Fri Dec 07, 2018 9:28 am
:shock: I think it was Villa that brought up the question recently about why we have so many injuries (sorry Villa if it wasn't you). Over the time that GW has been back, we seem to have had too much "bad luck" where injuries are concerned. Do the management need to reassess the training methods?
That's isn't totally true though as during Waddock's first season we barley had any injuries all season....
OK. I thought we had, but I wont argue.
Only Bellamy really, but people would forget that as we replaced him with Benyu. Fenelon was in and out but again his absence was covered by Kanu.


Post Reply