FA Trophy - Bromley...

aldershot-jg
FA Trophy - Bromley...

Post by aldershot-jg » Thu Jan 03, 2019 2:58 pm

... have been removed for fielding an ineligible player. Junior Ogedi-Uzokwe who Bromley signed on loan from Colchester at the start of the season did not have the permission from Colchester to play in the FA trophy.

Sutton have now been reinstated in Bromley's place and will travel to Spennymoor.

Very Amateur.

Birdman
Re: FA Trophy - Bromley...

Post by Birdman » Thu Jan 03, 2019 3:01 pm

aldershot-jg wrote:
Thu Jan 03, 2019 2:58 pm
... have been removed for fielding an ineligible player. Junior Ogedi-Uzokwe who Bromley signed on loan from Colchester at the start of the season did not have the permission from Colchester to play in the FA trophy.

Sutton have now been reinstated in Bromley's place and will travel to Spennymoor.

Very Amateur.
Should be a 30 points deduction as well. #clutchingatstraws.

Mick Earls Fan Club

Post by Mick Earls Fan Club » Thu Jan 03, 2019 4:51 pm

These are the FA Trophy round dates when we have scheduled league fixtures

Sat Feb 2 R3 - Home Solihull (who play away at Halifax in R2)
Sat Feb 23 QF - Away Braintree (who have a 1st Round replay at Salisbury for the right to play away at Carshalton in R2)
Sat Mar 16 SF1 - Home Salford (home to Daggers in R2)
Sat Mar 23 SF2 - Away Boreham Wood (who are away at Blyth in R2)

Most years at least one of our scheduled opponents goes on to have a FAT run and we end up without a fixture on a couple of Saturdays.

Looking at those games above - I would not be surprised if Solihull game gets called off and can easily see Salford having a run to Wembley.
The way things are going with our luck as Braintree will probably end beating Salisbury and Carshalton!

Disturbed Postie

Post by Disturbed Postie » Thu Jan 03, 2019 4:59 pm

About 3 or 4 seasons ago this kept happening to us with Dover Halifax and Wrexham games being called off due to trophy commitments, very annoying!

Fuggletim

Post by Fuggletim » Thu Jan 03, 2019 5:16 pm

aldershot-jg wrote:

Very Amateur.
Well as if we would ever do anything like that and get chucked out of a cup competition......

What's that Solomon?😄

Disturbed Postie

Post by Disturbed Postie » Thu Jan 03, 2019 5:23 pm

Fuggletim wrote:
Thu Jan 03, 2019 5:16 pm
aldershot-jg wrote:

Very Amateur.
Well as if we would ever do anything like that and get chucked out of a cup competition......

What's that Solomon?😄
I’m sure Graham Kelly said it’s not Aldershot’s fault but we have to throw you out, he was such a happy chap, lovely smile he had!

Birdman

Post by Birdman » Thu Jan 03, 2019 5:45 pm

I thought that I'd have a quick shufti on the Bromley forum to see what their reaction was but you have to register even if you only want to read but not participate. A tad annoying (to me anyway). They're not the only footy forum that requires registration for access to it. Ebbsfleet are one and there have been 'a couple' of others that we no longer play against.

aldershot-jg

Post by aldershot-jg » Thu Jan 03, 2019 5:49 pm

Fuggletim wrote:
Thu Jan 03, 2019 5:16 pm
aldershot-jg wrote:

Very Amateur.

What's that Solomon?😄
True, safe to say that was quite a while ago though, although I recall We got booted from the HSC more recently than that.

Amazing though that clubs are still making such simple mistakes such as asking for team’s permission.

Disturbed Postie

Post by Disturbed Postie » Thu Jan 03, 2019 5:50 pm

Birdman wrote:
Thu Jan 03, 2019 5:45 pm
I thought that I'd have a quick shufti on the Bromley forum to see what their reaction was but you have to register even if you only want to read but not participate. A tad annoying (to me anyway). They're not the only footy forum that requires registration for access to it. Ebbsfleet are one and there have been 'a couple' of others that we no longer play against.
Yes I agree uncle baz, rather infuriating

aldershot-jg

Post by aldershot-jg » Thu Jan 03, 2019 6:20 pm

General feeling on their message board is that what happened is a shambles, also that Sutton must have grassed them up (how dare a team . Also some frustration that it took nearly three weeks after the game for this outcome, some had organised their travel arrangements for the Spennymoor game and are out of pocket.

CH

Post by CH » Thu Jan 03, 2019 7:21 pm

The HSC one was funny

I can't remember which way round it was but im sure it was a game with Farnborough. One club accused the other of playing a loan player (against the rules) without realising they too were guilty (in our case I think it was Scott Davies).

Result both teams removed and the two losers from the previous round reinstated to play each other.

Reg's corner

Post by Reg's corner » Thu Jan 03, 2019 9:14 pm

Typical non league

ACA

Post by ACA » Fri Jan 04, 2019 9:27 am

CH wrote:
Thu Jan 03, 2019 7:21 pm
The HSC one was funny

I can't remember which way round it was but im sure it was a game with Farnborough. One club accused the other of playing a loan player (against the rules) without realising they too were guilty (in our case I think it was Scott Davies).

Result both teams removed and the two losers from the previous round reinstated to play each other.
It was Farnborough who made the original complaint (we'd beaten them on penalties I think). However, Reece Connolly played up front for them (on loan from us, ironically!) during the same game - we pointed that out to Hants FA and both clubs were thrown out.

To this day, I still don't understand why Farnborough complained when they must have known they were in breach of the same rule they were accusing us of breaching. Very strange!

Birdman

Post by Birdman » Fri Jan 04, 2019 1:22 pm

ACA wrote:
Fri Jan 04, 2019 9:27 am
CH wrote:
Thu Jan 03, 2019 7:21 pm
The HSC one was funny

It was Farnborough who made the original complaint (we'd beaten them on penalties I think). However, Reece Connolly played up front for them (on loan from us, ironically!) during the same game - we pointed that out to Hants FA and both clubs were thrown out.

To this day, I still don't understand why Farnborough complained when they must have known they were in breach of the same rule they were accusing us of breaching. Very strange!
Whatever happened to Reece Connolly? I believe that there was an alleged drugs issue whilst he was at Farnborough but after that I'm not sure where he went (a club on the south coast rings a distant bell).

Richard Petty

Post by Richard Petty » Fri Jan 04, 2019 1:40 pm

The last I heard of Reece he was playing for Crowborough