CEO Departs

HarryTom
Re: CEO Departs

Post by HarryTom » Mon Jan 07, 2019 8:51 pm

Dom Sterlings Left Leg wrote:
Mon Jan 07, 2019 8:45 pm
Does beg the question was this role a necessary expense in the first place...
I did mention this on page 1

Headley Shot

Post by Headley Shot » Mon Jan 07, 2019 11:07 pm

Haven’t the Club been getting rid of staff since the close season ?
Think about how many players we actually have this season and all the loan signings.
I don’t know about anyone else but it’s looking like the club could be about to go bust again. That would fit with the sudden announcement on the CEO’s departure.

scorp

Post by scorp » Mon Jan 07, 2019 11:11 pm

HarryTom wrote:
Mon Jan 07, 2019 8:51 pm
A newcomer on here several weeks ago said a paid CEO isn't necessary at this level- and wasn't necessary when Brentford hit trouble and did well without a paid CEO.

Richard Petty

Post by Richard Petty » Mon Jan 07, 2019 11:40 pm

scorp wrote:
Mon Jan 07, 2019 11:11 pm
HarryTom wrote:
A newcomer on here several weeks ago said a paid CEO isn't necessary at this level- and wasn't necessary when Brentford hit trouble and did well without a paid CEO.

The important thing to note though when quoting our friend from Brentford (ABee) was that he didn't say they hadn't needed a CEO he said they hadn't needed to pay one. That was because David Heath one of the directors had the availability of time and the willingness to be the CEO but without payment for most of that time. He took the role on for I believe around two years while Brentford sorted out their problems. Once the problems were sorted and the club was operating back on an even footing the board decided it was time for a full time paid CEO (Andrew Mills) who was appointed in early 2010, David Heath remained on the board as Abees nominee.

So your quote is accurate but does need to be considered in the right context.

scorp

Post by scorp » Tue Jan 08, 2019 12:52 am

Richard Petty wrote:
Mon Jan 07, 2019 11:40 pm
scorp wrote:
HarryTom wrote:

The important thing to note though when quoting our friend from Brentford (ABee) was that he didn't say they hadn't needed a CEO he said they hadn't needed to pay one. That was because David Heath one of the directors had the availability of time and the willingness to be the CEO but without payment for most of that time. He took the role on for I believe around two years while Brentford sorted out their problems. Once the problems were sorted and the club was operating back on an even footing the board decided it was time for a full time paid CEO (Andrew Mills) who was appointed in early 2010, David Heath remained on the board as Abees nominee.

With respect, Richard, i mentioned "paid CEO" twice... and didn't state or intimate that Brentford didn't need a CEO. Anyway, perhaps ABee's posts were studied in some depth by ATFC's BOD. Or not!

mountpleasant61

Post by mountpleasant61 » Tue Jan 08, 2019 4:13 am

I agree with all those who say any available funds with the departure of the CEO should go to Gary for players.
We need a team more than a CEO at this time. If we lose the team we won't need a CEO anyway.
If the BOD really want to save the club then they should all just do a little more to save the need of a CEO until better times are here.

South Stand Blue

Post by South Stand Blue » Tue Jan 08, 2019 7:05 am

Richard Petty wrote:
scorp wrote:
HarryTom wrote:

I enjoyed the posts that ABee posted on here and found them very interesting and obviously somebody with a lot of knowledge who would be an asset to any football club.

Norwich Nick

Post by Norwich Nick » Tue Jan 08, 2019 7:33 am

Headley Shot wrote:
Mon Jan 07, 2019 11:07 pm
Haven’t the Club been getting rid of staff since the close season ?
Think about how many players we actually have this season and all the loan signings.
I don’t know about anyone else but it’s looking like the club could be about to go bust again. That would fit with the sudden announcement on the CEO’s departure.
I'm not sure how you can ever announce such a departure without it being sudden? Perhaps if someone is leaving due to family issues that might be different, but in most circumstances any announcement is always going to appear sudden.

Personally, given all the comments on here over the last few months about the CEO's role, I wasn't a bit surprised by this. Either she'd had enough or there is genuinely a need for a cost saving - if the latter, better that cost saving is actually made as soon as possible rather than continuing with an unsustainable position (although that is always difficult when a human being is involved).

Ancient Shot

Post by Ancient Shot » Tue Jan 08, 2019 8:02 am

South Stand Blue wrote:
Tue Jan 08, 2019 7:05 am

I enjoyed the posts that ABee posted on here and found them very interesting and obviously somebody with a lot of knowledge who would be an asset to any football club.
That opinion should be tempered by the fact that the marvellous Abee is an ex employee of ATFC

Just saying

brian bloomfield

Post by brian bloomfield » Tue Jan 08, 2019 9:06 am

Ancient Shot wrote:
Tue Jan 08, 2019 8:02 am
South Stand Blue wrote:
Tue Jan 08, 2019 7:05 am

That opinion should be tempered by the fact that the marvellous Abee is an ex employee of ATFC

Just saying
Abee was never a employee of the club and received no financial remuneration

Just saying

Birdman

Post by Birdman » Tue Jan 08, 2019 9:20 am

The Board deemed it necessary at the time. Whether they'll take a different route now (and financially I hope that they do), we'll just have to wait and see.

JPS

Post by JPS » Tue Jan 08, 2019 9:26 am

Thank you Laura for all your efforts on behalf of ATFC.
I know many were sceptical about the role you were asked to perform, but I do not think any personal critical was ever meant.
Personally I think the online ticketing system has taken us forward. Good luck with your future endeavours.

Richard Petty

Post by Richard Petty » Tue Jan 08, 2019 9:31 am

scorp wrote:
Tue Jan 08, 2019 12:52 am
Richard Petty wrote:
scorp wrote:

With respect, Richard, i mentioned "paid CEO" twice... and didn't state or intimate that Brentford didn't need a CEO. Anyway, perhaps ABee's posts were studied in some depth by ATFC's BOD. Or not!

My apologies Scorp I didn't mean to suggest that you had misunderstood as you did indeed mention paid, I was aiming the "Taking it in context" at people who may be reading this thread and might have misunderstood the finer details of the point being made.

Charles Dickens

Post by Charles Dickens » Tue Jan 08, 2019 9:43 am

Reality is that the Shots are a small football business and cannot afford such expensive appointments. Hopefully, there will be no replacement. Can there be other cost savings?

Like most posters, I have no idea whether Ms Smith did a good job or not.We just need to "cut our cloth etc" and concentrate on the important priority on the pitch of getting well out of the relegation zone.

COYS

scorp

Post by scorp » Tue Jan 08, 2019 10:07 am

Charles Dickens wrote:
Tue Jan 08, 2019 9:43 am
Reality is that the Shots are a small football business and cannot afford such expensive appointments. Hopefully, there will be no replacement. Can there be other cost savings?

Like most posters, I have no idea whether Ms Smith did a good job or not.We just need to "cut our cloth etc" and concentrate on the important priority on the pitch of getting well out of the relegation zone.

COYS
There can be other savings...