Golden Ticket

Dom Sterlings Left Leg
Re: Golden Ticket

Post by Dom Sterlings Left Leg » Thu Jan 31, 2019 7:26 am

You might think thats trivial but to me it does sum up the club in many ways. Attention to detail slightly lacking.

Its an excellent scheme (and thank god we have Butler at the club) but essentially this is again about getting the fans of the club to fund bringing in players. This time to get the club out of the mess its in on the pitch.

In view of that You would have thought that the accompanying letter would be a little more professionally done and personal. I dont buy the time argument the draw isnt until march.

Cph.shots

Post by Cph.shots » Thu Jan 31, 2019 8:52 am

Dom Sterlings Left Leg wrote:
Thu Jan 31, 2019 7:26 am
You might think thats trivial but to me it does sum up the club in many ways. Attention to detail slightly lacking.

Its an excellent scheme (and thank god we have Butler at the club) but essentially this is again about getting the fans of the club to fund bringing in players. This time to get the club out of the mess its in on the pitch.

In view of that You would have thought that the accompanying letter would be a little more professionally done and personal. I dont buy the time argument the draw isnt until march.
In Richard's comments, there's an explanation, explaining that the office staffed rushed it so punters could get their tickets as quickly as possible.
If they'd waited a couple of days for MB to return and sign them personally and proof read them, then that would have probably been wrong too.

Giles

Post by Giles » Thu Jan 31, 2019 10:07 am

Where's the face palm emoji when you need it, honestly :(

I got one of the original letters with a nice signature on it, not sure about typo's so will give to my secretary to proof read for me, if anyone would like my letter I would be happy to send it on (minus the golden ticket of course)

Arnie

Post by Arnie » Thu Jan 31, 2019 12:16 pm

Personally, when I went in to pick up our tickets, Mr Butler cut himself and wrote my letter in red and blue blood before signing it with liquid gold ink which I thought was a nice touch.

Ok the above is beyond ridiculous but no more so than the gripe on here about the letter!

Does a photocopy or typo’s stop the money you have given go to the club? NO!

Does it reduce your chances of winning a cash prize in return? NO!

I didn’t even pay any attention to the letter, just happy in the knowledge that we’ve done our small bit to help the club we love.

It absolutely beggars belief that this is even an ‘issue’ and I’m convinced that if some posters on here found a pot of gold at the end of the rainbow it would be the ‘wrong sort’ and somehow the fault of the club!

IMHO of course! :wink:

Birdman

Post by Birdman » Thu Jan 31, 2019 12:35 pm

Well, I blame the CEO.

Trust in Gary

Post by Trust in Gary » Thu Jan 31, 2019 1:13 pm

Giles wrote:
Thu Jan 31, 2019 10:07 am
Where's the face palm emoji when you need it, honestly :(

I got one of the original letters with a nice signature on it, not sure about typo's so will give to my secretary to proof read for me, if anyone would like my letter I would be happy to send it on (minus the golden ticket of course)
Maybe you should have a auction for your real autograph letter from Mark butler and give the proceeds to the club

stevieshot

Post by stevieshot » Thu Jan 31, 2019 1:38 pm

Picked up my tickets this morning. I thought MB said we only needed to sell another 40 to reach the 400. But looking at my ticket numbers, I make it 60, I could be wrong though. MB also thought reaching 500 was achievable.

Birdman

Post by Birdman » Thu Jan 31, 2019 1:42 pm

stevieshot wrote:
Thu Jan 31, 2019 1:38 pm
Picked up my tickets this morning. I thought MB said we only needed to sell another 40 to reach the 400. But looking at my ticket numbers, I make it 60, I could be wrong though. MB also thought reaching 500 was achievable.
There might be some tickets that have been bought out of sequence, possibly for 'lucky number' purposes or similar.

Richard Petty

Post by Richard Petty » Thu Jan 31, 2019 6:15 pm

Birdman wrote:
Thu Jan 31, 2019 1:42 pm
stevieshot wrote:
Thu Jan 31, 2019 1:38 pm
There might be some tickets that have been bought out of sequence, possibly for 'lucky number' purposes or similar.
That is exactly the case Birdman, I was one of those who picked particular numbers for sentimental reasons and I know a good number of others who purchased in person did the same choosing favourite or perceived lucky numbers.

Also Ray at the Crimea has very kindly been continuing his excellent support of the club by taking a batch and selling them there so some of those ticket numbers will be in Marks total sales figures

Dom Sterlings Left Leg

Post by Dom Sterlings Left Leg » Thu Jan 31, 2019 6:33 pm

Cph.shots wrote:
Thu Jan 31, 2019 8:52 am

In Richard's comments, there's an explanation, explaining that the office staffed rushed it so punters could get their tickets as quickly as possible.
If they'd waited a couple of days for MB to return and sign them personally and proof read them, then that would have probably been wrong too.
Why would you rush something that there is no need to rush..

Presumably we rushed setting the budget for the season lol

Birdman

Post by Birdman » Thu Jan 31, 2019 7:52 pm

Thu Jan 31, 2019 6:33 pm
Cph.shots wrote:

Possibly "rushed" was a bit strong but in the office staffs defence, if these tickets were purchased online then maybe they felt it was the right thing to do in getting the acknowledgment letter and tickets to the buyers at the earliest opportunity. Some supporters criticism of the club when it doesn't respond as quickly as they think it should isn't, at times, slow in coming.

*Hopefully now we can get this thread back into positive mode*.

AberdeenShots

Post by AberdeenShots » Thu Jan 31, 2019 10:55 pm

A stunning effort approaching what I thought was an over-optimistic target of 400. The whole initiative a rip-roaring success. As for the new subject matter emerging these last few days on this thread? More embarrassing drivel you’d struggle to find, IMVHO.

Richard Petty

Post by Richard Petty » Fri Feb 01, 2019 12:40 pm

Birdman wrote:
Thu Jan 31, 2019 7:52 pm
Cph.shots wrote:

Possibly "rushed" was a bit strong but in the office staffs defence, if these tickets were purchased online then maybe they felt it was the right thing to do in getting the acknowledgment letter and tickets to the buyers at the earliest opportunity. Some supporters criticism of the club when it doesn't respond as quickly as they think it should isn't, at times, slow in coming.

Just before we set off on our positive journey I would just like it to be clear that although the above posts may indicate it nowhere in my post did I actually use the word rushed, that description was only used in a later post by CPH when referring back to my original post., I simply pointed out that they did not want to wait for Mark to come in to get more letters signed.

Anyway good news is more sales coming in, someone bought 5 this morning while I was in the ticket office so hopefully we may even exceed Marks original target.

Ancient Shot

Post by Ancient Shot » Fri Feb 01, 2019 2:12 pm

If it's good enough for Jeff Stelling ....

355 and counting

Cph.shots

Post by Cph.shots » Fri Feb 01, 2019 5:07 pm

Richard Petty wrote:
Fri Feb 01, 2019 12:40 pm
Birdman wrote:
Thu Jan 31, 2019 7:52 pm

Just before we set off on our positive journey I would just like it to be clear that although the above posts may indicate it nowhere in my post did I actually use the word rushed, that description was only used in a later post by CPH when referring back to my original post., I simply pointed out that they did not want to wait for Mark to come in to get more letters signed.

Anyway good news is more sales coming in, someone bought 5 this morning while I was in the ticket office so hopefully we may even exceed Marks original target.
Sorry about the misleading word.
I was just trying say what might have happened.