Golden Ticket

Ancient Shot
Posts: 979
Joined: Wed Aug 20, 2008 7:30 pm
Re: Golden Ticket

Post by Ancient Shot » Fri Jan 11, 2019 9:10 am

Cph.shots wrote:
Thu Jan 10, 2019 10:45 pm


Not a dig but why doesn't Mark just make his own posts?
Andy

I was in a similar situation when I was doing the 500 club thing (passing on messages from Mark) and the reason Mark doesn't post is because he reads the message board and it depresses him

Quietobserver
Posts: 219
Joined: Tue Aug 28, 2018 8:18 pm
Re: Golden Ticket

Post by Quietobserver » Fri Jan 11, 2019 9:35 am

Cph.shots wrote:
Thu Jan 10, 2019 10:45 pm
Richard Petty wrote:
Wed Jan 09, 2019 5:39 pm
Mark Butler has just called me and asked if I would like to give you all a more detailed update on how well the Golden Ticket sales are going.

The response to this has been brilliant and as of this afternoon we have already sold 44 tickets (bought and paid for) we also have over 30 additional serious pledges from people who have been in touch with Mark via phone, social media or email who will be either coming into the club shop or purchasing online over the next few days.

This is a fantastic response and Mark is delighted that this idea has been so warmly received and that over 10% of his target figure has already been sold just on day one. What Mark has asked though is that if you are intending to buy a ticket the sooner you can do so the sooner the money raised can be passed on to Gary for him to continue to strengthen the squad as we enter this crucial part of the season.

The other thing that Mark has asked me to post on his behalf is that he has been reading some of the suggestions on here regarding tickets being sold at lower prices. He appreciates the suggestions and will give thought to them in the future but has asked me to say that in his opinion we will raise more from the higher priced tickets as its quite likely that some who have purchased one £100 ticket might only have purchased five £10 tickets thus halving the amount sold. Mark also feels that the £100 is still low enough to make it quite easy to get small groups to club together to buy a ticket.

Something else that I would like to add is that the other important point to remember is that if we sell 400 tickets at £100 then you have a 3 in 400 chance of winning one of the prizes whereas if we sold 4000 tickets at £10 to raise the same amount then you would only have a 3 in 4000 chance of winning a prize. If I was unable to afford to buy a £100 ticket I would rather be in a group buying a £100 ticket with the much better odds of getting a share of the prize money.
Not a dig but why doesn't Mark just make his own posts?
He probably doesn't have the time. He's probably busy with coming up with new money making initiatives for the club, which he does a good job of to be fair

Quietobserver
Posts: 219
Joined: Tue Aug 28, 2018 8:18 pm
Re: Golden Ticket

Post by Quietobserver » Fri Jan 11, 2019 9:40 am

This is a bit of a personal question and thus one that might not want to be answered or might not even be known, but does Mark have a set salary in his role as commercial manager or is it base pay combined with commission based on his much revenue he generates for the club within the role?

Either way he does a good job and is always coming up with good ideas so props to Mark.

Cph.shots
Posts: 227
Joined: Tue Jan 09, 2007 8:44 pm
Location: Copenhagen, Denmark
Re: Golden Ticket

Post by Cph.shots » Fri Jan 11, 2019 9:49 am

Trust in Gary wrote:
Fri Jan 11, 2019 6:53 am
Cph.shots wrote:
Thu Jan 10, 2019 10:45 pm
Richard Petty wrote:
Wed Jan 09, 2019 5:39 pm
Mark Butler has just called me and asked if I would like to give you all a more detailed update on how well the Golden Ticket sales are going.

The response to this has been brilliant and as of this afternoon we have already sold 44 tickets (bought and paid for) we also have over 30 additional serious pledges from people who have been in touch with Mark via phone, social media or email who will be either coming into the club shop or purchasing online over the next few days.

This is a fantastic response and Mark is delighted that this idea has been so warmly received and that over 10% of his target figure has already been sold just on day one. What Mark has asked though is that if you are intending to buy a ticket the sooner you can do so the sooner the money raised can be passed on to Gary for him to continue to strengthen the squad as we enter this crucial part of the season.

The other thing that Mark has asked me to post on his behalf is that he has been reading some of the suggestions on here regarding tickets being sold at lower prices. He appreciates the suggestions and will give thought to them in the future but has asked me to say that in his opinion we will raise more from the higher priced tickets as its quite likely that some who have purchased one £100 ticket might only have purchased five £10 tickets thus halving the amount sold. Mark also feels that the £100 is still low enough to make it quite easy to get small groups to club together to buy a ticket.

Something else that I would like to add is that the other important point to remember is that if we sell 400 tickets at £100 then you have a 3 in 400 chance of winning one of the prizes whereas if we sold 4000 tickets at £10 to raise the same amount then you would only have a 3 in 4000 chance of winning a prize. If I was unable to afford to buy a £100 ticket I would rather be in a group buying a £100 ticket with the much better odds of getting a share of the prize money.
Not a dig but why doesn't Mark just make his own posts?
Maybe Mark don't like to comment on here with stuff cos he knows about the negativity on here 2 and someone would just turn it into a argument with him 😂
Yes, you're probably right.

Ancient Shot
Posts: 979
Joined: Wed Aug 20, 2008 7:30 pm
Re: Golden Ticket

Post by Ancient Shot » Fri Jan 11, 2019 10:14 am

Quietobserver wrote:
Fri Jan 11, 2019 9:40 am
This is a bit of a personal question
Correct

Preston Shot
Posts: 218
Joined: Tue Jul 24, 2018 10:23 am
Re: Golden Ticket

Post by Preston Shot » Fri Jan 11, 2019 10:18 am

Ancient Shot wrote:
Fri Jan 11, 2019 9:10 am
Cph.shots wrote:
Thu Jan 10, 2019 10:45 pm


Not a dig but why doesn't Mark just make his own posts?
Andy

I was in a similar situation when I was doing the 500 club thing (passing on messages from Mark) and the reason Mark doesn't post is because he reads the message board and it depresses him
All will be well when the team starts winning and we start surging up the league.

Cph.shots
Posts: 227
Joined: Tue Jan 09, 2007 8:44 pm
Location: Copenhagen, Denmark
Re: Golden Ticket

Post by Cph.shots » Fri Jan 11, 2019 11:15 am

Ancient Shot wrote:
Fri Jan 11, 2019 9:10 am
Cph.shots wrote:
Thu Jan 10, 2019 10:45 pm


Not a dig but why doesn't Mark just make his own posts?
Andy

I was in a similar situation when I was doing the 500 club thing (passing on messages from Mark) and the reason Mark doesn't post is because he reads the message board and it depresses him
Cheers Steve, I can understand that.

Richard Petty
Posts: 1040
Joined: Wed Jan 10, 2007 11:12 pm
Location: Farnborough
Re: Golden Ticket

Post by Richard Petty » Fri Jan 11, 2019 1:29 pm

I was talking to Mark about Shotsweb this morning and Ancient is right some of the posts on here do depress him and with his permission I can add that some go further than just being depressing and actually make him angry.

Mark said that he was happy for me to quote him that if he was to register and start posting on here himself then he would be quite likely to react to some posts in a way which would not be appropriate for a club employee to do so and would probably end up being banned from here by the moderators anyway.

He does appreciate the good that shotsweb does though and enjoys reading it. Just like most of us he appreciates the many interesting and enjoyable posts that make up the majority of the contributions, its just the small minority who can spoil it for others.

steveshot
Posts: 327
Joined: Sun Apr 01, 2007 9:41 pm
Re: Golden Ticket

Post by steveshot » Fri Jan 11, 2019 1:42 pm

Quite agree, I can see MB’s point being an employee, could be difficult to restrain from infuriating posts. Some, actually ALOT of venem was posted against Laura, I could imagine that could push some close to the edge.

Ancient Shot
Posts: 979
Joined: Wed Aug 20, 2008 7:30 pm
Re: Golden Ticket

Post by Ancient Shot » Fri Jan 11, 2019 2:12 pm

According to the e mail from the club this morning it's doing really well - even gives figures :wink:

supershots
Posts: 362
Joined: Wed Jan 10, 2007 4:08 am
Location: Frimley green
Re: Golden Ticket

Post by supershots » Fri Jan 11, 2019 3:43 pm

Quietobserver wrote:
Fri Jan 11, 2019 9:40 am
This is a bit of a personal question and thus one that might not want to be answered or might not even be known, but does Mark have a set salary in his role as commercial manager or is it base pay combined with commission based on his much revenue he generates for the club within the role?

Either way he does a good job and is always coming up with good ideas so props to Mark.
Perhaps you would like your personal financial details put in here for us all to share?

Thought not!

Quietobserver
Posts: 219
Joined: Tue Aug 28, 2018 8:18 pm
Re: Golden Ticket

Post by Quietobserver » Fri Jan 11, 2019 3:48 pm

supershots wrote:
Fri Jan 11, 2019 3:43 pm
Quietobserver wrote:
Fri Jan 11, 2019 9:40 am
This is a bit of a personal question and thus one that might not want to be answered or might not even be known, but does Mark have a set salary in his role as commercial manager or is it base pay combined with commission based on his much revenue he generates for the club within the role?

Either way he does a good job and is always coming up with good ideas so props to Mark.
Perhaps you would like your personal financial details put in here for us all to share?

Thought not!
It wouldn't be a huge issue to be honest. Like I said though- I said I understood it was a personal question and thus I wasn't expecting to get an answer. Don't be trying to start drama. The admin has already to stop the pointless bickering.

HarryTom
Posts: 1018
Joined: Tue Jun 12, 2018 3:18 pm
Re: Golden Ticket

Post by HarryTom » Fri Jan 11, 2019 5:02 pm

Quietobserver wrote:
Fri Jan 11, 2019 3:48 pm
supershots wrote:
Fri Jan 11, 2019 3:43 pm
Quietobserver wrote:
Fri Jan 11, 2019 9:40 am
This is a bit of a personal question and thus one that might not want to be answered or might not even be known, but does Mark have a set salary in his role as commercial manager or is it base pay combined with commission based on his much revenue he generates for the club within the role?

Either way he does a good job and is always coming up with good ideas so props to Mark.
Perhaps you would like your personal financial details put in here for us all to share?

Thought not!
It wouldn't be a huge issue to be honest. Like I said though- I said I understood it was a personal question and thus I wasn't expecting to get an answer. Don't be trying to start drama. The admin has already to stop the pointless bickering.
Well said quiet, don't really understand supershots tone in his reply to you, To answer your question though, i am guessing Mark is on basic plus commission,, but either way, as you rightly said, he is doing a fantastic job, and long may it continue

Quietobserver
Posts: 219
Joined: Tue Aug 28, 2018 8:18 pm
Re: Golden Ticket

Post by Quietobserver » Fri Jan 11, 2019 5:15 pm

HarryTom wrote:
Fri Jan 11, 2019 5:02 pm
Quietobserver wrote:
Fri Jan 11, 2019 3:48 pm
supershots wrote:
Fri Jan 11, 2019 3:43 pm


Perhaps you would like your personal financial details put in here for us all to share?

Thought not!
It wouldn't be a huge issue to be honest. Like I said though- I said I understood it was a personal question and thus I wasn't expecting to get an answer. Don't be trying to start drama. The admin has already to stop the pointless bickering.
Well said quiet, don't really understand supershots tone in his reply to you, To answer your question though, i am guessing Mark is on basic plus commission,, but either way, as you rightly said, he is doing a fantastic job, and long may it continue
👍

Birdman
Posts: 1472
Joined: Wed Jan 10, 2007 9:47 am
Location: Aldershot
Re: Golden Ticket

Post by Birdman » Fri Jan 11, 2019 5:26 pm

Weekday Volunteers have won today's 'Cash for Shots' and proceeds will go on another Golden Ticket.


Post Reply