Super Bowl tonight

Post Reply
Aldershot Gas
Posts: 144
Joined: Sun Apr 13, 2008 3:32 pm
Super Bowl tonight

Post by Aldershot Gas » Sun Feb 03, 2019 8:03 pm

Anyone else staying up all night ? - great watch, tactical sport - which unlike football sees no cheating/time wasting.... the clock stops, so there are no feigned injuries and the paying punters get a full game :-)

Disturbed Postie
Posts: 2500
Joined: Sat Mar 12, 2016 8:42 pm
Re: Super Bowl tonight

Post by Disturbed Postie » Sun Feb 03, 2019 8:23 pm

Aldershot Gas wrote:
Sun Feb 03, 2019 8:03 pm
Anyone else staying up all night ? - great watch, tactical sport - which unlike football sees no cheating/time wasting.... the clock stops, so there are no feigned injuries and the paying punters get a full game :-)
No

Fuggletim
Posts: 365
Joined: Sat Jan 18, 2014 11:16 pm
Location: Whitehill
Re: Super Bowl tonight

Post by Fuggletim » Sun Feb 03, 2019 8:43 pm

Looking forward to going to bed. American Football has too much stop/start/stop/start. Bit like my old Cortina on a winter morning long, long ago.

Anon E Mouse
Posts: 2430
Joined: Mon Jan 15, 2007 1:29 pm
Re: Super Bowl tonight

Post by Anon E Mouse » Sun Feb 03, 2019 8:58 pm

Years ago I would have. Used to be quite an event in my house. Work in the morning was always a struggle. Love the Vikings but my first true team was the Rams after watching the film Heaven can wait.
I think they are unlikely to win tonight but hope they do, although New England is a lovely place in the world.
Apparently a football clairvoyant has got the score right in the last 3 or 4 Superbowls and has gone for 28-24 but hasn’t picked the winner.
We will see in the morning.

chimpster99
Posts: 449
Joined: Thu May 17, 2007 6:54 am
Location: Alton
Re: Super Bowl tonight

Post by chimpster99 » Sun Feb 03, 2019 8:59 pm

5 hours of trying to stay awake to watch one hour of ‘sports’. Yawn.

Anon E Mouse
Posts: 2430
Joined: Mon Jan 15, 2007 1:29 pm
Re: Super Bowl tonight

Post by Anon E Mouse » Sun Feb 03, 2019 9:04 pm

chimpster99 wrote:
Sun Feb 03, 2019 8:59 pm
5 hours of trying to stay awake to watch one hour of ‘sports’. Yawn.
It’s better actually being at a game. Amazing atmosphere and so much entertainment going on around the game itself.

Aldershot Gas
Posts: 144
Joined: Sun Apr 13, 2008 3:32 pm
Re: Super Bowl tonight

Post by Aldershot Gas » Sun Feb 03, 2019 9:11 pm

Fuggletim wrote:
Sun Feb 03, 2019 8:43 pm
Looking forward to going to bed. American Football has too much stop/start/stop/start. Bit like my old Cortina on a winter morning long, long ago.
FG - bed now would entail missing the conclusion of Vera.... “how very dare you”.....

James Frazer
Posts: 233
Joined: Sat Jul 10, 2010 2:25 pm
Location: Alexandra Park
Re: Super Bowl tonight

Post by James Frazer » Sun Feb 03, 2019 9:21 pm

Aldershot Gas wrote:
Sun Feb 03, 2019 8:03 pm
Anyone else staying up all night ? - great watch, tactical sport - which unlike football sees no cheating/time wasting.... the clock stops, so there are no feigned injuries and the paying punters get a full game :-)
“No Cheating”? What about the Brady ball deflation thing a couple of years ago ?

redandbluescb
Posts: 427
Joined: Sat May 19, 2018 9:29 pm
Location: BROADSTAIRS
Re: Super Bowl tonight

Post by redandbluescb » Sun Feb 03, 2019 9:24 pm

I would rather watch Reading draw 0:0 with Woking.

aldershot-jg
Posts: 790
Joined: Wed Jul 25, 2007 5:17 pm
Location: Aldershot
Re: Super Bowl tonight

Post by aldershot-jg » Sun Feb 03, 2019 9:49 pm

I’ll put it on record and watch it in the morning. I have to be up early so curtails any plans to stay up until 4 in the morning.

chukki eribenne
Posts: 68
Joined: Tue Jun 12, 2018 11:05 pm
Re: Super Bowl tonight

Post by chukki eribenne » Sun Feb 03, 2019 9:54 pm

Stay up every year. Great sport

Sent from my EML-L09 using Tapatalk


Aldershot Gas
Posts: 144
Joined: Sun Apr 13, 2008 3:32 pm
Re: Super Bowl tonight

Post by Aldershot Gas » Sun Feb 03, 2019 9:57 pm

James Frazer wrote:
Sun Feb 03, 2019 9:21 pm
Aldershot Gas wrote:
Sun Feb 03, 2019 8:03 pm
Anyone else staying up all night ? - great watch, tactical sport - which unlike football sees no cheating/time wasting.... the clock stops, so there are no feigned injuries and the paying punters get a full game :-)
“No Cheating”? What about the Brady ball deflation thing a couple of years ago ?
Indeed James - but in comparison - there won’t be any time wasting, diving or feigned injuries tonight.... unlike every single premiersh@t game in history....

scorp
Posts: 841
Joined: Tue Jan 09, 2007 7:54 pm
Location: England
Re: Super Bowl tonight

Post by scorp » Mon Feb 04, 2019 12:08 am

Fuggletim wrote:
Sun Feb 03, 2019 8:43 pm
Looking forward to going to bed. American Football has too much stop/start/stop/start. Bit like my old Cortina on a winter morning long, long ago.
Mine was metallic purple. Beat that. :wink:

Disturbed Postie
Posts: 2500
Joined: Sat Mar 12, 2016 8:42 pm
Re: Super Bowl tonight

Post by Disturbed Postie » Mon Feb 04, 2019 5:45 am

Anon E Mouse wrote:
Sun Feb 03, 2019 9:04 pm
chimpster99 wrote:
Sun Feb 03, 2019 8:59 pm
5 hours of trying to stay awake to watch one hour of ‘sports’. Yawn.
It’s better actually being at a game. Amazing atmosphere and so much entertainment going on around the game itself.
I’d rather watch cows 🐄 eat grass Mick!

Anon E Mouse
Posts: 2430
Joined: Mon Jan 15, 2007 1:29 pm
Re: Super Bowl tonight

Post by Anon E Mouse » Mon Feb 04, 2019 6:18 am

Disturbed Postie wrote:
Mon Feb 04, 2019 5:45 am
Anon E Mouse wrote:
Sun Feb 03, 2019 9:04 pm
chimpster99 wrote:
Sun Feb 03, 2019 8:59 pm
5 hours of trying to stay awake to watch one hour of ‘sports’. Yawn.
It’s better actually being at a game. Amazing atmosphere and so much entertainment going on around the game itself.
I’d rather watch cows 🐄 eat grass Mick!
That’s the udder alternative DP.

The predictor got the score wrong and it sounds like it was a bit of a gritty defensive game in the end.


Post Reply