Match Day Thread vs EASTLEIGH

chimpster99
Re: Match Day Thread vs EASTLEIGH

Post by chimpster99 » Sun Feb 10, 2019 1:18 pm

That second half exposed our weaknesses and reminds us that the task ahead is huge and won’t be resolved by a couple of feelgood signings. Main issues yesterday:

Mannion - usually decent but failed to dominate his area.
Finney - far too prone to disaster moments, becoming a major liability.
Booty - shockingly bad in recent games, we should terminate the loan.
McDonnell - not himself since his return from injury.
Goddard - too lightweight, rapidly looking like another Rowe.
McDonagh - can’t hit a barn door.

Decent performances otherwise. Howell was excellent and I don’t know why GW took him off instead of Boots. Solid debut by Meyanese.

Charles Dickens

Post by Charles Dickens » Sun Feb 10, 2019 1:31 pm

steveshot wrote:
Sun Feb 10, 2019 10:03 am
Don’t try and teach him to suck eggs! Mr Dickens if we were top of the league we wouldn’t, but have a look at the league table, if Waddock doesn’t need to be told how to suck eggs what in your opinion has gone wrong then?
I have no inside information on the Shots and don`t intend to speculate. The little that I know like everyone is that injuries and lack of money may have caused a few problems. I expect more wealthy Clubs like Chesterfield and Barnet are also wondering what has spoilt their season? We also have no superior right to expect success all the time.

Fans just have to decide whether to get behind the Shots, or keep on moaning and slating the manager and individual players and give in. I thought that Aldershot was the home of the British Army. Not sure that their motto is to raise the white flag at the slightest setback.

collieboy

Post by collieboy » Sun Feb 10, 2019 2:56 pm

Charles Dickens, how anyone can back a Manager who quite simply has lost the plot, watch his post match interviews rolls out the same excuses, and stands there shrugging his shoulders with a wry grin, this pisses me and other fans off, and has no ability to motivate a team, after the macc' defeat last season our form went AWOL, 4 points of the top and we struggled 2 win any more games, and fortunately fell over the playoff line, Ebbsfleet game a mere formality, u no the rest as we nose dive towards relegation. Waddock must go now 2 give new guy a chance. :evil: :evil:

Birdman

Post by Birdman » Sun Feb 10, 2019 5:20 pm

Golgo wrote:
Sat Feb 09, 2019 10:14 pm
It’s not just the Con South teams, the officials are Sunday league!! Take a look at the highlights of Dartford @ WFC! You lot had a good laugh at us going down last season... we are desperate to get back at the first attempt. It’s really dire down here! Good luck in the scramble to survive..do I really mean that?
As you 'invited' us, Golgo, here are said highlights :- https://www.wokingfc.co.uk/tv/v/1154/2/ The stand-out incidents to me are the players constantly surrounding and haranguing the referee at 'incidents'.

Cph.shots

Post by Cph.shots » Sun Feb 10, 2019 5:43 pm

steveshot wrote:
Don’t try and teach him to suck eggs! Mr Dickens if we were top of the league we wouldn’t, but have a look at the league table, if Waddock doesn’t need to be told how to suck eggs what in your opinion has gone wrong then?
It is of course He's squad but it is probably, a fairly cut price one. I doubt very much if he has been able to get the players he really wanted to, apart from Mensah and he has only come because he can't go to a league club.

The "school boy" errors can't really be blamed on GW either.
Tactics are another matter, although obviously he has to pick tactics that are within the players capabilities.

I'm bitterly disappointed about yesterday, I hoped there would be a big improvement with so many players returning from injury and Mensah's enthusiasm.

Still, life goes on, there are more important things in the world to get upset about.

steveshot

Post by steveshot » Sun Feb 10, 2019 6:13 pm

Charles Dickens wrote:
Sun Feb 10, 2019 1:31 pm
steveshot wrote:
I have no inside information on the Shots and don`t intend to speculate. The little that I know like everyone is that injuries and lack of money may have caused a few problems. I expect more wealthy Clubs like Chesterfield and Barnet are also wondering what has spoilt their season? We also have no superior right to expect success all the time.

Fans just have to decide whether to get behind the Shots, or keep on moaning and slating the manager and individual players and give in. I thought that Aldershot was the home of the British Army. Not sure that their motto is to raise the white flag at the slightest setback.
Mr Dickens, we are in February and in all fairness I don’t think the white flag has been waved at a slight setback. GW has been given a fairly long piece of rope to date in my opinion. It is a sad time to be a Shots fan presently, but as GW says, we are where we are. I hope we don’t go down, but it is looking very bleak. :(

Simon S

Post by Simon S » Mon Feb 11, 2019 2:37 pm

chimpster99 wrote:
Sun Feb 10, 2019 1:18 pm
That second half exposed our weaknesses and reminds us that the task ahead is huge and won’t be resolved by a couple of feelgood signings. Main issues yesterday:

Mannion - usually decent but failed to dominate his area.
Finney - far too prone to disaster moments, becoming a major liability.
Booty - shockingly bad in recent games, we should terminate the loan.
McDonnell - not himself since his return from injury.
Goddard - too lightweight, rapidly looking like another Rowe.
McDonagh - can’t hit a barn door.

Decent performances otherwise. Howell was excellent and I don’t know why GW took him off instead of Boots. Solid debut by Meyanese.
Amongst all the flak, agree it should be recognised that Luke Howell had a good game. Probably the best game he has had this season, be it in defence or midfield. Think he deserves to remain as team captain on Saturday's display. Shame he went off injured, hope he is fit for tomorrow night's match.