Match Day Thread vs EASTLEIGH

Disturbed Postie
Re: Match Day Thread vs EASTLEIGH

Post by Disturbed Postie » Sat Feb 09, 2019 5:25 pm

Reg's corner wrote:
Sat Feb 09, 2019 3:26 pm
Gotta beat this lot, they're our whipping boy's!!
Indeed, 6 fecking wins in a row at the rec

lowerbourneshot

Post by lowerbourneshot » Sat Feb 09, 2019 5:26 pm

Finney was woeful ,a great signing as many claimed on here. A

Alex

Post by Alex » Sat Feb 09, 2019 5:38 pm

lowerbourneshot wrote:
Sat Feb 09, 2019 5:26 pm
Finney was woeful ,a great signing as many claimed on here
Good promising solid debut against Wrexham but yup, awful since!

Also can easily see how / why Booty and McDonagh can’t get games at big clubs like Huddersfield and Barnsley, they’re not even good enough for us at our level!

Positives from today? I was impressed with young Birmingham loanee Bernard and thought he looked much better than McCoy.

Somerset Shot

Post by Somerset Shot » Sat Feb 09, 2019 5:41 pm

Mytshot wrote:
Sat Feb 09, 2019 5:25 pm
New players signed, a full bench. What’s the excuse now?
I’ll put my £ on....”The extended gap between fixtures doesn’t help us to pick up some momentum and stay sharp. The lads need a few games to get properly match fit and gel together.”

Fast forward to end of March when we’re still looking for that first win since November....”The lads are looking tired with so many games in a short period.”

Bottom line is that some of the squad are just not good enough for this level whilst one or two others don’t care enough to even try.

Lazio

Post by Lazio » Sat Feb 09, 2019 5:43 pm

Looking forward to Tuesday night, my first game for a while can't be as bad as some on here are saying despite recent results can it?

redblueuptoyou

Post by redblueuptoyou » Sat Feb 09, 2019 5:44 pm

Bad day all round.

Mensah finished his goal well and at least raised a smile with his offer of his shirt to the Eastleigh defender (which he was then probably correctly booked for, going by the law). Even though we had the momentum after Bernie’s goal, we let McCallum score an easy goal straight from a throw-in and his second was also ridiculously easy.

The less said about Finney’s error for their first, the better. Let’s just leave it at don’t be surprised to see Lelan start on Tuesday...

There seemed to be apathy at the final whistle - no real reaction.

Eastleigh were more aggressive and determined than us, which is really disappointing.

TracoShot

Post by TracoShot » Sat Feb 09, 2019 5:48 pm

I'm lost for words really and don't know where we go from here.

The turning point for me today was the injury to Kinsella....moving Booty to LB and bringing on Gallagher was like playing with 10 men. We desperately need an experienced CB and battling midfield player who can actually run and get around the pitch.

Is Grant injured ?

Quietobserver

Post by Quietobserver » Sat Feb 09, 2019 5:51 pm

Somerset Shot wrote:
Sat Feb 09, 2019 5:41 pm
Mytshot wrote:
New players signed, a full bench. What’s the excuse now?
I’ll put my £ on....”The extended gap between fixtures doesn’t help us to pick up some momentum and stay sharp. The lads need a few games to get properly match fit and gel together.”

Fast forward to end of March when we’re still looking for that first win since November....”The lads are looking tired with so many games in a short period.”

Bottom line is that some of the squad are just not good enough for this level whilst one or two others don’t care enough to even try.
Combined with Gary making poor team selections.

Reg's corner

Post by Reg's corner » Sat Feb 09, 2019 6:01 pm

Disturbed Postie wrote:
Reg's corner wrote:
Can't beat this lot im afraid its over..

Norwich Nick

Post by Norwich Nick » Sat Feb 09, 2019 6:05 pm

TracoShot wrote:
Sat Feb 09, 2019 5:48 pm
Is Grant injured ?
Cyst in his stomach, he's had an operation (according to the post match interview)

HackJowarth

Post by HackJowarth » Sat Feb 09, 2019 6:11 pm

If it’s good enough for Relegation, it’s good enough for Mensah. Over to the skilled Board to sort this out.

Disturbed Postie

Post by Disturbed Postie » Sat Feb 09, 2019 6:12 pm

Reg's corner wrote:
Sat Feb 09, 2019 6:01 pm
Disturbed Postie wrote:
Reg's corner wrote:
Can't beat this lot im afraid its over..
Agree with that uncle Reginald

Charles Dickens

Post by Charles Dickens » Sat Feb 09, 2019 6:14 pm

Lazio wrote:
Sat Feb 09, 2019 5:43 pm
Looking forward to Tuesday night, my first game for a while can't be as bad as some on here are saying despite recent results can it?
The result was indeed bad, but the performance was not so bad. When you are in the relegation zone luck is not on the table.The Shots dominated much of the play and Eastleigh had only two shots on goal . Their first goal was a gift from Mr Finney who forgot that he is a centre half.On the positive side the new centre back was very good and Mensah`s goal was brilliant.

Conclusion, we are not a bad team and will play far worse and win games.

I hope that morale does not suffer after this loss. Tuesday, will be another tough game.

COYS

PS Tin hat is now on.

Mytshot

Post by Mytshot » Sat Feb 09, 2019 6:16 pm

Thought we started the game quite well and if the two McDonagh chances that he fluffed had fallen to Mensah it might have been different.

As someone else has said, things fell apart when Kinsella went off and the defence was shuffled around. Finney is an accident waiting to happen and it’s only because there’s an even worse option in Lelan that he gets a game.

Booty can’t pass, McDonnell has become increasingly anonymous as the season has gone on, Jakey seems to have a problem actually running, McDonagh the less said about him the better, Wanadio will probably do well in the NLS as this isn’t his level, Goddard runs around a bit but isn’t a game changer.

New defender looked alright and with a defensive partner next to him that can actually defend he could be quite useful. Thought Dom Bernard played quite well and probably our best player today.

Let’s be honest, it’s game over and relegation looks a certainty. I just hope we can survive it and the whole club doesn’t collapse. Sad times.

Anon E Mouse

Post by Anon E Mouse » Sat Feb 09, 2019 6:17 pm

O Dear.
Poor defending but only 3 Shots on target in 90 mins says it all and one of those wasn't really a Shot it was a clearance from Mannion.
Too many sideways and backwards passing all afternoon and McDonagh had a shocker all afternoon.
My only highlight other than the goal was Dom Bernard's display in defence and coming forward.
You can't see us getting out of this now sadly.