Match Day Thread vs EASTLEIGH

86/87 Glory Year
Re: Match Day Thread vs EASTLEIGH

Post by 86/87 Glory Year » Sat Feb 09, 2019 6:25 pm

Here are the key moments in the match and why we lost.

McDonagh is played in by Goddard and has an extra touch and keeper saves 0-0

McDonagh finds himself in space with a free shot at goal and missed 0-0

Finney makes terrible error and Eastleigh take the lead. Not really deserving it 0-1

Mensah equalises 1-1. We seem to be in the ascendency.

Booty attempts to clear and ball ricochets straight to McCallum and he makes no mistake 1-2. A bit unlucky again.

Ball played in the box and McCallum rises unmarked and scores easily 1-3. Utterly shocking defending. Game over.

Overall McDonagh misses two very good chances at 0-0. McCallum buries his chance at 1-1. I would say Mcdonaghs finishing was poor. Eastleigh had a bit of luck but took there chances well. Both boxes second best again.

Somerset Shot

Post by Somerset Shot » Sat Feb 09, 2019 6:30 pm

Another day where the opposition gets a very limited number of chances but score each time they hit the target. Our defence is clearly frail at best but our goalkeeper very rarely seems to actually make a save. Seems like anything on target goes in.

Shots1954

Post by Shots1954 » Sat Feb 09, 2019 6:35 pm

I'm sorry but that was shocking, school boy football with little idea and force. What also I noticed was the lack of passion from the bench,:GW sitting down and very little direction. Eastleigh played training ground football, see a chance and take it, play a ball into space get a man on it and support him. Shots, play a ball into space and hope someone might just get there and hope for the best or play it to the opposition. Very very disappointed, sadly we are going down full stop.
Last edited by Shots1954 on Sat Feb 09, 2019 6:37 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Mick Earls Fan Club

Post by Mick Earls Fan Club » Sat Feb 09, 2019 6:36 pm

I have found the urban dictionary definition of one our strikers.

Lummox
A large, dimwitted, lumbering oaf of a person with lacking tact, intellectual prowess, and manual dexterity.

Anon E Mouse

Post by Anon E Mouse » Sat Feb 09, 2019 6:44 pm

Mick Earls Fan Club wrote:
Sat Feb 09, 2019 6:36 pm

Lummox
A large, dimwitted, lumbering oaf of a person with lacking tact, intellectual prowess, and manual dexterity.
About summed him up today. About as bad as a performance I can remember a Shot's player having since the last time Lelan played. :o

Alderman 3

Post by Alderman 3 » Sat Feb 09, 2019 6:57 pm

Lummox
I would prefer Sloth.

supershots

Post by supershots » Sat Feb 09, 2019 7:59 pm

Lummox
A bit unfair on Rendell!

Mick Earls Fan Club

Post by Mick Earls Fan Club » Sat Feb 09, 2019 8:38 pm

Anon E Mouse wrote:
Sat Feb 09, 2019 6:44 pm

Lummox
About summed him up today. About as bad as a performance I can remember a Shot's player having since the last time Lelan played. :o
I think Lelan has a greater goal threat in him than McDonut.

TracoShot

Post by TracoShot » Sat Feb 09, 2019 9:47 pm

For me the key moment was Kinsella's injury as unfortunately that brought Gallagher on.

Did he actually do anything today ? All I saw was players running past him as usual. I'm sorry but he is shot to bits and offers us nothing. He actually looked like he couldnt run today. Up until that point I thought we were on top (despite the misses) but after that we lost control of the game. Would rather have seen Lelan come on at LB.

Oliver11

Post by Oliver11 » Sat Feb 09, 2019 9:54 pm

TracoShot wrote:
Sat Feb 09, 2019 9:47 pm
For me the key moment was Kinsella's injury as unfortunately that brought Gallagher on.

Did he actually do anything today ? All I saw was players running past him as usual. I'm sorry but he is shot to bits and offers us nothing. He actually looked like he couldnt run today. Up until that point I thought we were on top (despite the misses) but after that we lost control of the game. Would rather have seen Lelan come on at LB.
I couldn't agree more - Gallagher offers nothing apart from last ditch sliding tackles.

The last match I saw it was like he was running with lead boots on he was so slow.

IMO he wouldn't cut it in the league below let alone this one.

Lelan gets slated but would've been a better option when Kinsella went off for sure.

Statto

Post by Statto » Sat Feb 09, 2019 9:57 pm

Can someone please explain to me why McDonagh was playing so wide so often?

More than once he was out on the left wing just in front of Kinsella, when the latter was looking up to cross it into the box to where McDonagh should have been!

Kanu's Nan

Post by Kanu's Nan » Sat Feb 09, 2019 9:58 pm

I was surprised to see you lose today, I thought all the feelgood factor of recent weeks would carry through to the pitch. I can’t stress enough how bad Conference south is. If you think your players need a kick, have them watch highlights of East Thurrock. Jeez. Today was not a good watch!

Golgo

Post by Golgo » Sat Feb 09, 2019 10:14 pm

It’s not just the Con South teams, the officials are Sunday league!! Take a look at the highlights of Dartford @ WFC! You lot had a good laugh at us going down last season... we are desperate to get back at the first attempt. It’s really dire down here! Good luck in the scramble to survive..do I really mean that?

Les Briley

Post by Les Briley » Sat Feb 09, 2019 10:16 pm

Sat Feb 09, 2019 8:38 pm
Anon E Mouse wrote:
Sat Feb 09, 2019 6:44 pm

Lummox
I think Lelan has a greater goal threat in him than McDonut.
What a waste of space Mcdonnell
Is, bottled out of at least two challenges.

Dom Sterlings Left Leg

Post by Dom Sterlings Left Leg » Sat Feb 09, 2019 10:20 pm

Golgo wrote:
Sat Feb 09, 2019 10:14 pm
It’s not just the Con South teams, the officials are Sunday league!! Take a look at the highlights of Dartford @ WFC! You lot had a good laugh at us going down last season... we are desperate to get back at the first attempt. It’s really dire down here! Good luck in the scramble to survive..do I really mean that?
Stop pretending anyone cares what you think.