Match Day Thread vs EASTLEIGH

CH
Re: Match Day Thread vs EASTLEIGH

Post by CH » Sat Feb 09, 2019 11:10 pm

I don't remember laughing, as I remember it I was hoping you'd stay up, along with a lot of us

Somerset Shot

Post by Somerset Shot » Sat Feb 09, 2019 11:49 pm

Exactly one year ago we were second in the table, one point behind Macc. How has it turned so bad so quickly?

Anon E Mouse

Post by Anon E Mouse » Sat Feb 09, 2019 11:55 pm

Somerset Shot wrote:
Sat Feb 09, 2019 11:49 pm
Exactly one year ago we were second in the table, one point behind Macc. How has it turned so bad so quickly?
We lost all our good players and replaced them with sub standard versions half of which have all been injured most of the season.
That is why.

I have no ill feeling or passion for Woking. Not rivals not anything really other than a way of getting back to my family quicker on either Boxing Day or New Years Day.
They do however seem obsessed with us ?

Shots1954

Post by Shots1954 » Sun Feb 10, 2019 12:11 am

TracoShot wrote:
Sat Feb 09, 2019 9:47 pm
For me the key moment was Kinsella's injury as unfortunately that brought Gallagher on.

Did he actually do anything today ? All I saw was players running past him as usual. I'm sorry but he is shot to bits and offers us nothing. He actually looked like he couldnt run today. Up until that point I thought we were on top (despite the misses) but after that we lost control of the game. Would rather have seen Lelan come on at LB.
Sorry but I would start with Gallagher every game. This is/was an England International player played on a forward midfield role with spirit and desire. The problem now is our tactics and Gallagher suffers as a result. When he came on he put some stability and bite in midfield.

Anon E Mouse

Post by Anon E Mouse » Sun Feb 10, 2019 12:22 am

Shots1954 wrote:
Sun Feb 10, 2019 12:11 am
TracoShot wrote:
For me the key moment was Kinsella's injury as unfortunately that brought Gallagher on.

Did he actually do anything today ? All I saw was players running past him as usual. I'm sorry but he is shot to bits and offers us nothing. He actually looked like he couldnt run today. Up until that point I thought we were on top (despite the misses) but after that we lost control of the game. Would rather have seen Lelan come on at LB.
Sorry but I would start with Gallagher every game. This is/was an England International player played on a forward midfield role with spirit and desire. The problem now is our tactics and Gallagher suffers as a result. When he came on he put some stability and bite in midfield.
I would also have Jakey G in over Booty and McDonnell at the moment.
Play him in the right position with the right tactics.
He has also lost weight I thought today.
Harsh to criticise the man that is Aldershot through and through and the connection with the fans.

Swedishshot

Post by Swedishshot » Sun Feb 10, 2019 12:23 am

Before the game started it felt like the feel good factor had returned and the great escape was on soon as kinsella got injured and booty had to move to left back I knew we were going to go from the great escape to dad's army. Finney is a liability, if we go down let's hope the ticket prices drop and we retain fan base. I wish we could be saying "don't panic" but sadly think it's time to face facts and admit we are heading back to the good times of conference south.

Shots1954

Post by Shots1954 » Sun Feb 10, 2019 12:27 am

Anon E Mouse wrote:
Sun Feb 10, 2019 12:22 am
Shots1954 wrote:
TracoShot wrote:

Harsh to criticise the man that is Aldershot through and through and the connection with the fans.
Totally agree!

Alex

Post by Alex » Sun Feb 10, 2019 12:37 am

Anyone should start ahead of Booty. If I was manager I’d sent him back to Huddersfield on Monday. Can’t pass to a teammate who’s a few yards away, tries Hollywood diagonals but isn’t capable of making them work and don’t get me started on his taking of set pieces! Constantly gives the ball away.

Disturbed Postie

Post by Disturbed Postie » Sun Feb 10, 2019 2:13 am

Golgo wrote:
Sat Feb 09, 2019 10:14 pm
It’s not just the Con South teams, the officials are Sunday league!! Take a look at the highlights of Dartford @ WFC! You lot had a good laugh at us going down last season... we are desperate to get back at the first attempt. It’s really dire down here! Good luck in the scramble to survive..do I really mean that?
**** off you annoying fake twat!

hepcat

Post by hepcat » Sun Feb 10, 2019 8:42 am

Somerset Shot wrote:
Sat Feb 09, 2019 6:30 pm
Another day where the opposition gets a very limited number of chances but score each time they hit the target. Our defence is clearly frail at best but our goalkeeper very rarely seems to actually make a save. Seems like anything on target goes in.
You don't have to be a genius of a manager to pick tactics against The Shot's to get an easy win. Powder puff attack that doesn't need much to defend ; very fragile defence that cracks under the most basic attacking scenarios. Just train your defenders for making a through pass to start a breakaway attack of which at least one will result in a goal.

Charles Dickens

Post by Charles Dickens » Sun Feb 10, 2019 9:52 am

When the chips are down, so called fans, pick out players to denigrate, I hope it makes them feel good.What do they want?

And by the way, don`t try to teach Gary Waddock how to suck eggs.

Its simple, get fully behind the Shots and yes we have a chance to avoid relegation.

COYS

ACA

Post by ACA » Sun Feb 10, 2019 10:01 am

Anon E Mouse wrote:
Sat Feb 09, 2019 11:55 pm
We lost all our good players and replaced them with sub standard versions half of which have all been injured most of the season.
That is why.
Our form collapsed in the second half of last season, when we had our "better players". That's when the rot set in and GW has been unable to turn it around.

steveshot

Post by steveshot » Sun Feb 10, 2019 10:03 am

Don’t try and teach him to suck eggs! Mr Dickens if we were top of the league we wouldn’t, but have a look at the league table, if Waddock doesn’t need to be told how to suck eggs what in your opinion has gone wrong then?

TracoShot

Post by TracoShot » Sun Feb 10, 2019 10:23 am

Anon E Mouse wrote:
Sun Feb 10, 2019 12:22 am
Shots1954 wrote:
TracoShot wrote:

I'm not criticising the man that is JG....I love his passion for the club and connection with the fans and if a few more were like him we would be in a better position.

What I am looking at however is his ability as a footballer and what he currently offers the team. To me he has not been the same since the illness he had a couple of seasons ago. IMO his legs have gone (for whatever reason) and he appears not to be able to get around or up and down the pitch. How many times have you seen opponents simply go straight pass him or him miss with a tackle. IMO we need a mobile physical midfield and urgently need someone in. Without reinforcements Howell, Booty and McDonnell are our best option.

Disturbed Postie

Post by Disturbed Postie » Sun Feb 10, 2019 1:14 pm

Disturbed Postie wrote:
Sun Feb 10, 2019 2:13 am
Golgo wrote:
Sat Feb 09, 2019 10:14 pm
It’s not just the Con South teams, the officials are Sunday league!! Take a look at the highlights of Dartford @ WFC! You lot had a good laugh at us going down last season... we are desperate to get back at the first attempt. It’s really dire down here! Good luck in the scramble to survive..do I really mean that?
**** off you annoying fake twat!
Bit harsh but these wasps can be annoying at times!