Waddock OUT

WTF
Re: Waddock OUT

Post by WTF » Mon Feb 11, 2019 10:48 am

If we needed 350k of new shares to be sold this season to break even and gates will be 150k down that leaves a significant amount left which i believe has gone to the playing budget.

i reckon a minimum 20% increase to about 850k

Wanderer

Post by Wanderer » Mon Feb 11, 2019 10:54 am

Most of the clubs that have a larger budget also had a larger budget last season, so could those 'in the know' please list the clubs who had a lower budget and have now got a larger one, I'll start with Solihull Moors, but who are the others? This sounds like a weak excuse trying to justify our poor performances.

Oliver11

Post by Oliver11 » Mon Feb 11, 2019 11:53 am

Apparently the budget was protected and again GW has had the fans support recently so not much has changed.

Admittedly this season we are competing with a few more clubs we bigger pockets, thus getting the players we wanted.

However the players signed along with the playing style has been a long way off the past year and IMO the wins this season haven't been convincing either. The buck stops with Gary on this.

I know its hindsight but changing the structure to bigger squad and less quality has backfired famously and even allowing for the injuries the players aren't good enough when fit anyway.

Personally I preferred the smaller squad and better quality format and watch potentially decent football and hope.

Injuries are part of the game and other clubs go through this but GW continually coming out saying "it is what it is" infuriates me along with his passive touchline behaviour.

Added to this his decision to not field a full bench at times when we've a youth team and at least give some experience even if they aren't going to play makes no sense. If he rates them that badly then why have them!

I could go on but think his time is up and want someone else with more hunger and passion who can offer something different to sideways / no attacking football.

Not the same manager to his first stint, not by a long way.

Grayshott

Post by Grayshott » Mon Feb 11, 2019 12:08 pm

Before he arrived with the Shots his first job at QPR brought 5 wins in 25 games.

Having attended exactly 50 games during the promotion season I would say that he was fortunate to have Nikki Bull play the season of his life and Davies and Grant who were match winners that rarely come along at this level. Kuhl seemed to do most of the practical work and was extremely influential.

The rest of GW's management career has been patchy and lacked any consistently, even in the play-off seasons. I think we need a new leader and we might just be able to escape.

Cph.shots

Post by Cph.shots » Mon Feb 11, 2019 12:21 pm

Wanderer wrote:
Mon Feb 11, 2019 10:43 am
He is 55 which I would have said is relatively old in football manager terms.
Older than I thought, keeps pretty well.
With age comes experience ;-)

It just seems that alot of people on here are looking for someone to blame, from the board to GW to certain players, when I think it's a combination of several factors, the most important being finances.

As it stands now, The Board/Chairman cannot be fired, we can wish for someone with more money and possibly a better vision for the future but there's not a lot we can do about it.

GW, would it make much difference to fire him now? Can we afford to fire him now, can we afford NOT to fire him now?

Do we get the hump and stop going, isn't that a matter of cutting of our noses to spite our faces?

Do we bicker among ourselves about who's to blame?

I think, as other's have written earlier, we need to stick together, back the club and hope we stil have a club to support next season, whereever we end up.

Ancient Shot

Post by Ancient Shot » Mon Feb 11, 2019 12:34 pm

Cph.shots wrote:
Mon Feb 11, 2019 12:21 pm

GW, would it make much difference to fire him now? No

Do we get the hump and stop going, isn't that a matter of cutting of our noses to spite our faces? Yes

Do we bicker among ourselves about who's to blame? You new here? lol

I think, as other's have written earlier, we need to stick together, back the club and hope we stil have a club to support next season, whereever we end up. Yep

Desertshot

Post by Desertshot » Mon Feb 11, 2019 5:00 pm

Ancient Shot wrote:
Mon Feb 11, 2019 12:34 pm
Cph.shots wrote:
Mon Feb 11, 2019 12:21 pm

GW, would it make much difference to fire him now? No

Do we get the hump and stop going, isn't that a matter of cutting of our noses to spite our faces? Yes

Do we bicker among ourselves about who's to blame? You new here? lol

I think, as other's have written earlier, we need to stick together, back the club and hope we stil have a club to support next season, whereever we end up. Yep
Ah Ancient one a voice of sanity (well if you can call supporting the Shots sanity). I haven't been able to make many games this year, I've resigned myself to relegation (hope the team haven't) But bizarrely I'm OK about Con South as there are some decent teams and a few good pubs for LBS to recommend. So long as we play some good footie and were in the mix I'll be happy whatever level were playing at...so long as I have my team to watch COYS!!!

Ancient Shot

Post by Ancient Shot » Mon Feb 11, 2019 5:23 pm

Yep

(Waited 5 minutes to post that!)

Anon E Mouse

Post by Anon E Mouse » Mon Feb 11, 2019 9:05 pm

Ancient Shot wrote:
Mon Feb 11, 2019 5:23 pm
Yep

(Waited 5 minutes to post that!)
They posting delay is really annoying.
Just kick out people if they are abusive / bullying people. Watch out of the undercover PM bullies too, but let people post when they are on.
The delay serves its purpose but is frustrating for the regulars.

steveshot

Post by steveshot » Mon Feb 11, 2019 9:41 pm

Agreed

MikeB

Post by MikeB » Mon Feb 11, 2019 11:03 pm

We aren't getting threads descending into silly bickering (or in-jokes between groups of friends) so I think it's a price worth paying. Also 5 minutes isn't that much of a restriction except during a match.

Oliver11

Post by Oliver11 » Tue Feb 12, 2019 8:37 pm

Said it at Xmas, said it after Saturday and I'll say it again.

WADDOCK OUT OUT OUT

How ANYONE can defend this rubbish is totally beyond me!!!

Oliver11

Post by Oliver11 » Tue Feb 12, 2019 9:39 pm

PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE LEAVE TONIGHT

Anon E Mouse

Post by Anon E Mouse » Tue Feb 12, 2019 9:41 pm

Oliver11 wrote:
Tue Feb 12, 2019 9:39 pm
And then what.
We can’t afford it.
Too late.
You aren’t helping anyone.

Oliver11

Post by Oliver11 » Tue Feb 12, 2019 9:44 pm

Anon E Mouse wrote:
Tue Feb 12, 2019 9:41 pm
Oliver11 wrote:
Tue Feb 12, 2019 9:39 pm
And then what.
We can’t afford it.
Too late.
You aren’t helping anyone.
I can think of one person not helping us and its not you Anon.........