Waddock OUT

Shepperton Shot
Re: Waddock OUT

Post by Shepperton Shot » Sun Feb 10, 2019 1:55 pm

Redshot66 wrote:
Sun Feb 10, 2019 1:49 pm
Waddock, the Chairman and his paupers need to go ASAP,before it is too late and there is no club.
Dear Mr Redshot66, if the Chairman and his paupers go, then there will certainly be no club, because there ain't no one else to take over.

Wokingham Shot

Post by Wokingham Shot » Sun Feb 10, 2019 2:06 pm

There is now so much share capital/private debt in the company that even if Azheem agreed to a nominal value for his shares, any purchaser would merely become the major shareholders and not have a controlling interest.
To effect a complete take over and allow a full 're-boot' of the club, all these major investors we have seen come and go over the last few years would have to agree to have their investments written off.
That would take some doing

Shepperton Shot

Post by Shepperton Shot » Sun Feb 10, 2019 2:18 pm

Wokingham Shot wrote:
Sun Feb 10, 2019 2:06 pm
There is now so much share capital/private debt in the company that even if Azheem agreed to a nominal value for his shares, any purchaser would merely become the major shareholders and not have a controlling interest.
To effect a complete take over and allow a full 're-boot' of the club, all these major investors we have seen come and go over the last few years would have to agree to have their investments written off.
That would take some doing
[/quote

It is all irrelevant anyway, because there is nobody forming a queue.

Shots1954

Post by Shots1954 » Sun Feb 10, 2019 2:28 pm

Shepperton Shot wrote:
Sun Feb 10, 2019 1:55 pm
Redshot66 wrote:
Waddock, the Chairman and his paupers need to go ASAP,before it is too late and there is no club.
Dear Mr Redshot66, if the Chairman and his paupers go, then there will certainly be no club, because there ain't no one else to take over.
I think you may be wrong there.....

mountpleasant61

Post by mountpleasant61 » Sun Feb 10, 2019 2:33 pm

I am sure there is always someone willing to take over, we thought we were gone in 1992 and came back.
The Shots can come back given the right people running the club, and we all know that the true supporters will be back next season no matter what league we are in

Shepperton Shot

Post by Shepperton Shot » Sun Feb 10, 2019 2:34 pm

Shots1954 wrote:
Sun Feb 10, 2019 2:28 pm
Shepperton Shot wrote:
Redshot66 wrote:
Me wrong, NEVER, you ask my wife!! :D

Cph.shots

Post by Cph.shots » Sun Feb 10, 2019 2:46 pm

HackJowarth wrote:
Sat Feb 09, 2019 9:09 pm
GW, is the best Shots can hope for, despite the current, lowly, position. Thankfully, our wonderful Board, have lavished those that feed them with 0 investment in the squad, however, mind those egos. Clap Happy!

Pretty sure that is slanderous.
Money has been invested, maybe not as much as you'd like and not spent the way you would have spent it.

Oliver11

Post by Oliver11 » Sun Feb 10, 2019 3:08 pm

Even if we survive (which is highly unlikely) I still think Waddock should go - I honestly don't think he's the same manager anymore or has the motivation / desire.

I don't think its unfair to say Waddock's 2nd tenure will be regarded as disappointing no matter this seasons outcome.

Would like a younger replacement who has fresh / modern ideas and wants to eventually manage higher up.

The football served up the past 2 seasons is rapidly losing supporters and need a different philosophy going forward.

Shots1954

Post by Shots1954 » Sun Feb 10, 2019 3:20 pm

Shepperton Shot wrote:
Sun Feb 10, 2019 2:34 pm
Shots1954 wrote:
Shepperton Shot wrote:

Love it! Lol I'm never right according to my wife lol

Bill

Post by Bill » Sun Feb 10, 2019 4:02 pm

It's too late to change manager now, we have to keep going and see if we can defy the odds, difficult! Long term, I want the BOD to walk. They may have had some input financially, but it always comes back to the fans, current Golden ticket, who made up the gap following the last administration etc, the fans! We are so important and need to be represented at board level because after the Shahid's et al have gone the fans will still be here!

team from clanmell

Post by team from clanmell » Sun Feb 10, 2019 4:18 pm

Bill, in my opinion you are spot on. Left way to late to make any difference to me that's poor business acumen.
I do feel there is a spot in Rushmoor for a successful football league club, Aldershot have blown that chance by never investing in their own ground for many many years.
You the fans have kept them going. I know I will get blasted.....that's my opinion. Still City are playing well !!!!

Anon E Mouse

Post by Anon E Mouse » Sun Feb 10, 2019 4:23 pm

Oliver11 wrote:
Sun Feb 10, 2019 3:08 pm
Even if we survive (which is highly unlikely) I still think Waddock should go - I honestly don't think he's the same manager anymore or has the motivation / desire.

I don't think its unfair to say Waddock's 2nd tenure will be regarded as disappointing no matter this seasons outcome.

Would like a younger replacement who has fresh / modern ideas and wants to eventually manage higher up.

The football served up the past 2 seasons is rapidly losing supporters and need a different philosophy going forward.
2nd tenure dissapointing ? Your memory of 2 play offs in the first 2 seasons is very short.

Nobody is happy with this season, but promotion to the league and 2 playoffs plus the way he conducts himself means he deserves more time than most managers would get.
No point changing it now and remember 90% of the squad are here because of him and came because of him, so if you remove him, we have absolutely no chance of getting out of this.

Oliver11

Post by Oliver11 » Sun Feb 10, 2019 4:42 pm

Anon E Mouse wrote:
Sun Feb 10, 2019 4:23 pm
Oliver11 wrote:

2nd tenure dissapointing ? Your memory of 2 play offs in the first 2 seasons is very short.

Nobody is happy with this season, but promotion to the league and 2 playoffs plus the way he conducts himself means he deserves more time than most managers would get.
No point changing it now and remember 90% of the squad are here because of him and came because of him, so if you remove him, we have absolutely no chance of getting out of this.
Are you serious......

So 90% are here because of him - referring to the shockingly bad squad assembled that are there that maybe wouldn't if he WASN'T there???

So even if we narrowly avoid relegation and that's unlikely you would say its been a successful spell.....

Three years not getting promoted, offering rubbish football, which definitely has been the case the past two seasons......

I'd compare this period just like Wenger at Arsenal - outstayed his welcome and ruined his memory at the club.

My opinion and a frustrated but honest / accurate one!

hepcat

Post by hepcat » Sun Feb 10, 2019 7:02 pm

Shepperton Shot wrote:
Sun Feb 10, 2019 2:34 pm
Shots1954 wrote:
Shepperton Shot wrote:

Well, I'm afraid Shepperton, we did, and she said you were quite categorically wrong in June 1978 when you said Benny Hawkins would definitely marry Miss Diane and you had a fiver on it. But to your credit, she says you didn't moan at having to eat Spam for a fortnight afterwards.

Shots2000

Post by Shots2000 » Sun Feb 10, 2019 8:14 pm

Oliver11 wrote:

Darren Saryll ex Stevenage 37 yrs old did a great job there would be my pick