Miracles do happen

Post Reply
Disturbed Postie
Posts: 2500
Joined: Sat Mar 12, 2016 8:42 pm
Miracles do happen

Post by Disturbed Postie » Sat Feb 09, 2019 9:43 pm

2014, Sunderland, 7 adrift with 5 to go, next 2 games Manchester City and Chelsea, surely game over, only a lunatic gambler would back them to go down, but 2 wins against them plus beating Cardiff and somehow they stayed up, anything can happen, we have 16 games?

Statto
Posts: 243
Joined: Sun Feb 04, 2007 5:05 pm
Location: Aldershot
Re: Miracles do happen

Post by Statto » Sat Feb 09, 2019 10:02 pm

You're forgetting, Bob, that this is US we're talking about! :?

shots1965
Posts: 499
Joined: Sat Mar 30, 2013 8:16 pm
Location: Oklahoma usa
Re: Miracles do happen

Post by shots1965 » Sun Feb 10, 2019 12:55 am

Actually Mr DP, its 15 games remaining..

Keep the faith

COYS

shots1965
Posts: 499
Joined: Sat Mar 30, 2013 8:16 pm
Location: Oklahoma usa
Re: Miracles do happen

Post by shots1965 » Sun Feb 10, 2019 1:02 am

Statto wrote: ↑
Sat Feb 09, 2019 10:02 pm
You're forgetting, Bob, that this is US we're talking about! :?
What does the USA have to do with it??

😁😁😁

lowerbourneshot
Posts: 542
Joined: Thu Sep 08, 2011 7:29 pm
Location: The Ex Legion now Lower Bourne Social Club
Re: Miracles do happen

Post by lowerbourneshot » Sun Feb 10, 2019 1:25 am

shots1965 wrote: ↑
Sun Feb 10, 2019 1:02 am
Statto wrote: ↑
Sat Feb 09, 2019 10:02 pm
You're forgetting, Bob, that this is US we're talking about! :?
What does the USA have to do with it??

😁😁😁
That is a miracle you managed 2 posts in 7 minutes ,they must like you.

Disturbed Postie
Posts: 2500
Joined: Sat Mar 12, 2016 8:42 pm
Re: Miracles do happen

Post by Disturbed Postie » Sun Feb 10, 2019 1:57 am

shots1965 wrote: ↑
Sun Feb 10, 2019 12:55 am
Actually Mr DP, its 15 games remaining..

Keep the faith

COYS
Indeed mate, even worse, have a good day son!

ganesh
Posts: 84
Joined: Thu Jan 11, 2007 1:26 pm
Location: aldershot
Re: Miracles do happen

Post by ganesh » Sun Feb 10, 2019 6:51 am

was that the year big Sam saved them? A manager who knows how to deal with the cards he is given!

unfortunately I don't think that Gary is in that category.

hepcat
Posts: 122
Joined: Wed Feb 27, 2013 4:50 pm
Re: Miracles do happen

Post by hepcat » Sun Feb 10, 2019 8:49 am

It could happen....but out of all the teams in our mini league down the bottom , the only one not scrapping and picking up points is ourselves. Putting sentiment away, Shot's are definitely for the drop ; they mirror the profile of all teams that have dropped down in the past.

Disturbed Postie
Posts: 2500
Joined: Sat Mar 12, 2016 8:42 pm
Re: Miracles do happen

Post by Disturbed Postie » Sun Feb 10, 2019 9:48 am

ganesh wrote: ↑
Sun Feb 10, 2019 6:51 am
was that the year big Sam saved them? A manager who knows how to deal with the cards he is given!

unfortunately I don't think that Gary is in that category.
Poyet

Fuggletim
Posts: 365
Joined: Sat Jan 18, 2014 11:16 pm
Location: Whitehill
Re: Miracles do happen

Post by Fuggletim » Sun Feb 10, 2019 10:06 am

Doesn't that Dalai Lama gentleman do miracles? Could we see if he could come back and visit us at the Rec again?

Chobham Shot
Posts: 189
Joined: Sat Mar 12, 2016 8:30 pm
Re: Miracles do happen

Post by Chobham Shot » Sun Feb 10, 2019 10:13 am

ganesh wrote: ↑
Sun Feb 10, 2019 6:51 am
was that the year big Sam saved them? A manager who knows how to deal with the cards he is given!

unfortunately I don't think that Gary is in that category.
Gary picked his own cards, just not playing them terribly well.

Birdman
Posts: 1595
Joined: Wed Jan 10, 2007 9:47 am
Location: Aldershot
Re: Miracles do happen

Post by Birdman » Sun Feb 10, 2019 4:03 pm

lowerbourneshot wrote: ↑
Sun Feb 10, 2019 1:25 am
shots1965 wrote: ↑
Sun Feb 10, 2019 1:02 am
Statto wrote: ↑
Sat Feb 09, 2019 10:02 pm
You're forgetting, Bob, that this is US we're talking about! :?
What does the USA have to do with it??

😁😁😁
That is a miracle you managed 2 posts in 7 minutes ,they must like you.
It's 5 minutes between posts, lbs.
Frustrating for some, I'm sure, especially for away game comments as Mousey stated during the first away game (Dagenham) after the 'constant posting' restriction was put in place, but it has stopped or at least calmed down the petty, niggling, 'playground' arguments that were going on prior to said restriction.

Pip@B
Posts: 345
Joined: Wed Jan 10, 2007 11:58 am
Location: more remote than Nobby's world
Re: Miracles do happen

Post by Pip@B » Sun Feb 10, 2019 4:38 pm

Fuggletim wrote: ↑
Sun Feb 10, 2019 10:06 am
Doesn't that Dalai Lama gentleman do miracles? Could we see if he could come back and visit us at the Rec again?
He has blessed our pitch twice. We were then relegated and went bust.

Fuggletim
Posts: 365
Joined: Sat Jan 18, 2014 11:16 pm
Location: Whitehill
Re: Miracles do happen

Post by Fuggletim » Sun Feb 10, 2019 5:02 pm

Well that’s what I mean; third time lucky maybe!

BloodshotFOREVER
Posts: 15
Joined: Tue Jan 23, 2007 10:50 pm
Re: Miracles do happen

Post by BloodshotFOREVER » Sun Feb 10, 2019 6:26 pm

Miracles DO happen but we have some tough fixtures ahead...


Post Reply