Match day thread vs HARTLEPOOL

Oliver11
Re: Match day thread vs HARTLEPOOL

Post by Oliver11 » Sat Apr 13, 2019 5:36 pm

Agree HarryTom - had a gut feeling at the Barnet match it was going to be a struggle when we should've lost by 4 or 5 goals.

Nothing to be said now apart from,

WADDOCK OUT OUT OUT!!!

MikeB

Post by MikeB » Sat Apr 13, 2019 5:46 pm

Anon E Mouse wrote:
Sat Apr 13, 2019 5:01 pm
Sad day.
How ..... we didn’t buy a goalscoring Striker. Been saying it all season.

Gary is and seemingly will be our manager so we should stick with him and support his rebuild.

Off to drown my sorrows. :(
Anon - out of interest, how bad would things need to get before you stopped saying that we should stick with Gary? And would you be saying the same if it was anyone else who had just taken us down to regional football?

Bathgateshots

Post by Bathgateshots » Sat Apr 13, 2019 5:48 pm

The manager who nearly took us to League One and could do no wrong has now taken us to National League South! Well played Gary Waddock. You believed your own inflated ego would save the club. How wrong you are. You'll be lucky to get a job with Bromsgrove Rovers let alone Bristol Rovers. However, don't worry as our BOD will probably give you an extended contract for your wonderful achievements this season, all down to injuries and nothing to do with your impeccable signings and inspired tactical nous!

Mytshot

Post by Mytshot » Sat Apr 13, 2019 5:49 pm

I accept we have no divine right to stay in this league and that at some point we could get relegated. But what is unacceptable is the manner in which we have been relegated. No fight, no passion, no motivation and no plan from the top.

If Waddock stays next season with his tippy tappy lightweight football then I expect another season of struggle.

redblueuptoyou

Post by redblueuptoyou » Sat Apr 13, 2019 5:55 pm

Dreadful season seemingly going out with a whimper (I didn’t go today).

Let’s start planning for next season. Wholesale changes or keep some of this lot? What did Woking do?

Will we actually have some friendlies at home this year, too?

Fuggletim

Post by Fuggletim » Sat Apr 13, 2019 5:55 pm

Fat lady has sung after warming up in the wings for several months now.

Didn't really think relegation as being a real possibility until mid Jan although I am sure some of the doom mangers on here are pretty pleased with their " inciteful" skills at predicting it at the start of the season.

Well this chapter is almost now over, so let's wait in anticipation of the next one.

HarryTom

Post by HarryTom » Sat Apr 13, 2019 5:57 pm

redblueuptoyou wrote:
Sat Apr 13, 2019 5:55 pm
Dreadful season seemingly going out with a whimper (I didn’t go today).

Let’s start planning for next season. Wholesale changes or keep some of this lot? What did Woking do?

Will we actually have some friendlies at home this year, too?
The woking manager took half the team with him when he left H.R.B.

HarryTom

Post by HarryTom » Sat Apr 13, 2019 6:04 pm

Fuggletim wrote:
Sat Apr 13, 2019 5:55 pm
Fat lady has sung after warming up in the wings for several months now.

Didn't really think relegation as being a real possibility until mid Jan although I am sure some of the doom mangers on here are pretty pleased with their " inciteful" skills at predicting it at the start of the season.

Well this chapter is almost now over, so let's wait in anticipation of the next one.
No skill involved, it was pretty much obvious what was going to happen, and before you ask, i am not pleased , what i thought would happen, actually has. Not quite sure why it took you till mid Jan, !!

Birdman

Post by Birdman » Sat Apr 13, 2019 6:04 pm

HarryTom wrote:
Sat Apr 13, 2019 4:41 pm
Grant taken off, should make for some interesting comments on here !!
Grant had an ice pack strapped to his left knee after the game so it appears to have been an injury related substitution.

Fuggletim

Post by Fuggletim » Sat Apr 13, 2019 6:15 pm

By the way, did anyone else think the seagulls flying around looked like vultures?

Well HarryTim, why did it take me so long? Well, every single year the "Doom Mongers" predict relegation it seems at some point in the season and often with little real foundation, and are proven wrong. However, By the law of averages they have to get it right some time and this year was that time.

In football we have good times and bad times; neither last forever, but come mid Jan was when I personally realised that this time it was probably not going to get good again before it got much worse.

South Stand Blue

Post by South Stand Blue » Sat Apr 13, 2019 6:19 pm

Players could do with looking at themselves in the mirror and think have I given it my all. There’s not many I would want with me in the trenches. I know Scott Rendell isn’t everybody’s cup of tea but at least the geezer tries and cares, not many others seem to :oops:

Alf W

Post by Alf W » Sat Apr 13, 2019 6:19 pm

I went this afternoon. We should have been out of sight by the hour. After that, same old, midfield gave up the fight, defence all over the place, just a matter of time before they scored.

In the ideal world I'd like someone to come in and take over from this BOD whose decisions or indecisions have cost us ultimately. The decision to move to 1 year contracts and the indecision to change the Management when we were losing game after game and the signings were clearly disasters.

This lot couldn't fight their way out of a paper bag let alone the Conference South, Just hope they all leave ……. Gutless bunch of losers and sick notes!

Shots1954

Post by Shots1954 » Sat Apr 13, 2019 6:33 pm

Alf W wrote:
Sat Apr 13, 2019 6:19 pm
I went this afternoon. We should have been out of sight by the hour. After that, same old, midfield gave up the fight, defence all over the place, just a matter of time before they scored.

In the ideal world I'd like someone to come in and take over from this BOD whose decisions or indecisions have cost us ultimately. The decision to move to 1 year contracts and the indecision to change the Management when we were losing game after game and the signings were clearly disasters.

This lot couldn't fight their way out of a paper bag let alone the Conference South, Just hope they all leave ……. Gutless bunch of losers and sick notes!
Spot on in my book Alf!

MANNIMIST

Post by MANNIMIST » Sat Apr 13, 2019 6:38 pm

Apart from the obvious(relegation), paid my money and enjoyed the game. If anyone thinks I'm deluded (now THERE'S a
popular word) then so be it. Too old now to get worked up about the spittle and venom on here!
Never mind - we've only lost one in five and the G & T in my hand is numbing the pain!
Rant on at your pleasure!

billyboy

Post by billyboy » Sat Apr 13, 2019 6:40 pm

South Stand Blue wrote:
Sat Apr 13, 2019 6:19 pm
Players could do with looking at themselves in the mirror and think have I given it my all. There’s not many I would want with me in the trenches. I know Scott Rendell isn’t everybody’s cup of tea but at least the geezer tries and cares, not many others seem to :oops:
Completely disagree. Rendell often pulls out of aerial challenges which he should easily win as well as consistently blaming other players for bad crosses/passes when in truth it’s just a lack of will from him to get on the end of them. He is simply not good enough to play in our team let alone carry the armband.