Match day thread vs HARTLEPOOL

Post Reply
Alex
Posts: 402
Joined: Sat Aug 02, 2008 10:56 pm
Re: Match day thread vs HARTLEPOOL

Post by Alex » Sat Apr 13, 2019 6:49 pm

billyboy wrote:
Sat Apr 13, 2019 6:40 pm
South Stand Blue wrote:
Sat Apr 13, 2019 6:19 pm
Players could do with looking at themselves in the mirror and think have I given it my all. There’s not many I would want with me in the trenches. I know Scott Rendell isn’t everybody’s cup of tea but at least the geezer tries and cares, not many others seem to :oops:
Completely disagree. Rendell often pulls out of aerial challenges which he should easily win as well as consistently blaming other players for bad crosses/passes when in truth it’s just a lack of will from him to get on the end of them. He is simply not good enough to play in our team let alone carry the armband.
Agree

bordon shot
Posts: 38
Joined: Wed Jan 10, 2007 9:13 pm
Re: Match day thread vs HARTLEPOOL

Post by bordon shot » Sat Apr 13, 2019 6:53 pm

Well, the final nail has been hammered into our relegation coffin today. We should have been out of sight before they equalised with the chances we had, I didn't think we played too bad today but it was the same old thing that has got us into this sorry mess.

Gary has stated in the past that some hard decisions need to be made by the BOD to get the club going forward again, well, they need to start with the team management & players. Fans were suspicious that something wasn't right during pre-season, but being the ever faithful fan, we turned a blind eye. What's done is done, but I believe our BOD owe us an explanation & tell us their plans for the future of our club.

Dave
Posts: 6
Joined: Tue May 01, 2018 12:54 pm
Re: Match day thread vs HARTLEPOOL

Post by Dave » Sat Apr 13, 2019 6:59 pm

Sorry to hear about your relegation today but sometimes it's better to have it finally over with I suppose.

You should smash the likes of Slough and hungerford next year.

We still have work to do but after the last few I'm confident.

Dom Sterlings Left Leg
Posts: 64
Joined: Thu Jan 03, 2008 4:00 pm
Re: Match day thread vs HARTLEPOOL

Post by Dom Sterlings Left Leg » Sat Apr 13, 2019 7:12 pm

bordon shot wrote:
Sat Apr 13, 2019 6:53 pm
Well, the final nail has been hammered into our relegation coffin today. We should have been out of sight before they equalised with the chances we had, I didn't think we played too bad today but it was the same old thing that has got us into this sorry mess.

Gary has stated in the past that some hard decisions need to be made by the BOD to get the club going forward again, well, they need to start with the team management & players. Fans were suspicious that something wasn't right during pre-season, but being the ever faithful fan, we turned a blind eye. What's done is done, but I believe our BOD owe us an explanation & tell us their plans for the future of our club.
Very true indeed.

In a dream world i would like shot of the board. They have proved their incompetence and we need a complete clear out. The vast majority are not football people and certainly dont have any afinity to the club. Becoming a director because youve been roped in to buying shares to plug holes in the clubs finances caused by incompetence doesnt strike me as a good business model.

Im well aware we are stuck with them.

As for Waddock. Never thought he of all people would lead us into such a disasterous situation. A combination of poor signings and pig headedness have resulted in the debacle.

To have not won a home game since November the 3rd is incredible any other manager at any level would have been sacked months ago. We appreciate what you have done in the past but football has moved on and its time for the good of everyone that you do too.

I do find it equally incredible the easy ride the board and manager have had this season from the fans.. Maybe we could have made our feelings known a bit more strongly... There were a fee boos today but most just walked off in acceptance.

I think apathy amongst supporters is equally as dangerous as the incompetence of the board in the long term prospects of the club.

Disturbed Postie
Posts: 230
Joined: Sat Mar 12, 2016 8:42 pm
Re: Match day thread vs HARTLEPOOL

Post by Disturbed Postie » Sat Apr 13, 2019 7:14 pm

Dave wrote:
Sat Apr 13, 2019 6:59 pm
Sorry to hear about your relegation today but sometimes it's better to have it finally over with I suppose.

You should smash the likes of Slough and hungerford next year.

We still have work to do but after the last few I'm confident.
Cheers Dave 👍

Preston Shot
Posts: 101
Joined: Tue Jul 24, 2018 10:23 am
Re: Match day thread vs HARTLEPOOL

Post by Preston Shot » Sat Apr 13, 2019 7:26 pm

On the bright side we’re 3 games unbeaten
I’ll see you all at Dover

A sad day but we all knew it was coming

NTR_12
Posts: 5
Joined: Tue Apr 09, 2019 7:12 pm
Re: Match day thread vs HARTLEPOOL

Post by NTR_12 » Sat Apr 13, 2019 7:33 pm

Dom Sterlings Left Leg wrote:
Sat Apr 13, 2019 7:12 pm
bordon shot wrote:
Sat Apr 13, 2019 6:53 pm
Well, the final nail has been hammered into our relegation coffin today. We should have been out of sight before they equalised with the chances we had, I didn't think we played too bad today but it was the same old thing that has got us into this sorry mess.

Gary has stated in the past that some hard decisions need to be made by the BOD to get the club going forward again, well, they need to start with the team management & players. Fans were suspicious that something wasn't right during pre-season, but being the ever faithful fan, we turned a blind eye. What's done is done, but I believe our BOD owe us an explanation & tell us their plans for the future of our club.
Very true indeed.

In a dream world i would like shot of the board. They have proved their incompetence and we need a complete clear out. The vast majority are not football people and certainly dont have any afinity to the club. Becoming a director because youve been roped in to buying shares to plug holes in the clubs finances caused by incompetence doesnt strike me as a good business model.

Im well aware we are stuck with them.

As for Waddock. Never thought he of all people would lead us into such a disasterous situation. A combination of poor signings and pig headedness have resulted in the debacle.

To have not won a home game since November the 3rd is incredible any other manager at any level would have been sacked months ago. We appreciate what you have done in the past but football has moved on and its time for the good of everyone that you do too.

I do find it equally incredible the easy ride the board and manager have had this season from the fans.. Maybe we could have made our feelings known a bit more strongly... There were a fee boos today but most just walked off in acceptance.

I think apathy amongst supporters is equally as dangerous as the incompetence of the board in the long term prospects of the club.
Fantastic post.

Fans of any other club in this situation would have made their feelings known, but as GW was leading this ship no one wanted to say anything. It’s like the emperors new clothes and people have ignored what’s been right in front of them for months.

We need a total clear out and GW should be the first one to go.

Turnkey
Posts: 34
Joined: Wed Dec 26, 2018 4:06 pm
Re: Match day thread vs HARTLEPOOL

Post by Turnkey » Sat Apr 13, 2019 7:41 pm

Dom Sterlings Left Leg wrote:
Sat Apr 13, 2019 7:12 pm


In a dream world i would like shot of the board. They have proved their incompetence and we need a complete clear out. The vast majority are not football people and certainly dont have any afinity to the club. Becoming a director because youve been roped in to buying shares to plug holes in the clubs finances caused by incompetence doesnt strike me as a good business model.
Intrigued to know why you haven’t posted this about the same board at the end of the last two seasons?

Headley Shot
Posts: 33
Joined: Wed Oct 15, 2014 10:22 pm
Re: Match day thread vs HARTLEPOOL

Post by Headley Shot » Sat Apr 13, 2019 7:41 pm

Dom Sterlings Left Leg wrote:
Sat Apr 13, 2019 7:12 pm
bordon shot wrote:
Sat Apr 13, 2019 6:53 pm
Well, the final nail has been hammered into our relegation coffin today. We should have been out of sight before they equalised with the chances we had, I didn't think we played too bad today but it was the same old thing that has got us into this sorry mess.

Gary has stated in the past that some hard decisions need to be made by the BOD to get the club going forward again, well, they need to start with the team management & players. Fans were suspicious that something wasn't right during pre-season, but being the ever faithful fan, we turned a blind eye. What's done is done, but I believe our BOD owe us an explanation & tell us their plans for the future of our club.
Very true indeed.

In a dream world i would like shot of the board. They have proved their incompetence and we need a complete clear out. The vast majority are not football people and certainly dont have any afinity to the club. Becoming a director because youve been roped in to buying shares to plug holes in the clubs finances caused by incompetence doesnt strike me as a good business model.

Im well aware we are stuck with them.

As for Waddock. Never thought he of all people would lead us into such a disasterous situation. A combination of poor signings and pig headedness have resulted in the debacle.

To have not won a home game since November the 3rd is incredible any other manager at any level would have been sacked months ago. We appreciate what you have done in the past but football has moved on and its time for the good of everyone that you do too.

I do find it equally incredible the easy ride the board and manager have had this season from the fans.. Maybe we could have made our feelings known a bit more strongly... There were a fee boos today but most just walked off in acceptance.

I think apathy amongst supporters is equally as dangerous as the incompetence of the board in the long term prospects of the club.
Relegation confirmed today but where did it go wrong and who is REALLY responsible ?
I do think fans deserve to learn what is going to be different in the future because the present business plan is clearly not sustainable and we cannot exist as a charitable organisation at the expense of sporting aspirations.
It is and always has been ridiculous, yet this is the direction Shahid Azeem wants the club to follow.
It’s not for me I’m afraid.

Birdman
Posts: 286
Joined: Wed Jan 10, 2007 9:47 am
Location: Aldershot
Re: Match day thread vs HARTLEPOOL

Post by Birdman » Sat Apr 13, 2019 7:44 pm

MANNIMIST wrote:
Sat Apr 13, 2019 6:38 pm
Apart from the obvious(relegation), paid my money and enjoyed the game. If anyone thinks I'm deluded (now THERE'S a
popular word) then so be it. Too old now to get worked up about the spittle and venom on here!
Never mind - we've only lost one in five and the G & T in my hand is numbing the pain!
Rant on at your pleasure!
Agree with that. Life’s too short.

1zingo
Posts: 6
Joined: Tue Feb 25, 2014 2:36 am
Location: Washington, D.C.
Re: Match day thread vs HARTLEPOOL

Post by 1zingo » Sat Apr 13, 2019 7:47 pm

Dom Sterlings Left Leg wrote:
Sat Apr 13, 2019 7:12 pm

In a dream world i would like shot of the board. They have proved their incompetence and we need a complete clear out. The vast majority are not football people and certainly dont have any afinity to the club. Becoming a director because youve been roped in to buying shares to plug holes in the clubs finances caused by incompetence doesnt strike me as a good business model.

Im well aware we are stuck with them.
The better question is why the BOD still wants to be stuck with you. Rather than rescue the club, Chairman Azeem could just as easily have absorbed his £300k loss and walked away. Instead, he bailed out the club only to discover that no good deed goes unpunished. He's already made it clear that this club will not always be competitive. The reasons have been set forth here numerous times. So, if you have a more productive business model, then by all means let the BOD see it. I'm sure they'll be mesmerized.

Birdman
Posts: 286
Joined: Wed Jan 10, 2007 9:47 am
Location: Aldershot
Re: Match day thread vs HARTLEPOOL

Post by Birdman » Sat Apr 13, 2019 7:50 pm

Headley Shot wrote:
Sat Apr 13, 2019 7:41 pm
Dom Sterlings Left Leg wrote:
Sat Apr 13, 2019 7:12 pm
bordon shot wrote:
Sat Apr 13, 2019 6:53 pm
Well, the final nail has been hammered into our relegation coffin today. We should have been out of sight before they equalised with the chances we had, I didn't think we played too bad today but it was the same old thing that has got us into this sorry mess.

Gary has stated in the past that some hard decisions need to be made by the BOD to get the club going forward again, well, they need to start with the team management & players. Fans were suspicious that something wasn't right during pre-season, but being the ever faithful fan, we turned a blind eye. What's done is done, but I believe our BOD owe us an explanation & tell us their plans for the future of our club.
Very true indeed.

In a dream world i would like shot of the board. They have proved their incompetence and we need a complete clear out. The vast majority are not football people and certainly dont have any afinity to the club. Becoming a director because youve been roped in to buying shares to plug holes in the clubs finances caused by incompetence doesnt strike me as a good business model.

Im well aware we are stuck with them.

As for Waddock. Never thought he of all people would lead us into such a disasterous situation. A combination of poor signings and pig headedness have resulted in the debacle.

To have not won a home game since November the 3rd is incredible any other manager at any level would have been sacked months ago. We appreciate what you have done in the past but football has moved on and its time for the good of everyone that you do too.

I do find it equally incredible the easy ride the board and manager have had this season from the fans.. Maybe we could have made our feelings known a bit more strongly... There were a fee boos today but most just walked off in acceptance.

I think apathy amongst supporters is equally as dangerous as the incompetence of the board in the long term prospects of the club.
Relegation confirmed today but where did it go wrong and who is REALLY responsible ?
I do think fans deserve to learn what is going to be different in the future because the present business plan is clearly not sustainable and we cannot exist as a charitable organisation at the expense of sporting aspirations.
It is and always has been ridiculous, yet this is the direction Shahid Azeem wants the club to follow.
It’s not for me I’m afraid.
Unless supporters are prepared for the club to live within the income that it generates (and subsequent level of football that that may lead too) then the current method (or similar) will prevail. Ambition is fine as long as it’s affordable.

Dom Sterlings Left Leg
Posts: 64
Joined: Thu Jan 03, 2008 4:00 pm
Re: Match day thread vs HARTLEPOOL

Post by Dom Sterlings Left Leg » Sat Apr 13, 2019 8:02 pm

Turnkey wrote:
Sat Apr 13, 2019 7:41 pm
Dom Sterlings Left Leg wrote:
Sat Apr 13, 2019 7:12 pm


In a dream world i would like shot of the board. They have proved their incompetence and we need a complete clear out. The vast majority are not football people and certainly dont have any afinity to the club. Becoming a director because youve been roped in to buying shares to plug holes in the clubs finances caused by incompetence doesnt strike me as a good business model.
Intrigued to know why you haven’t posted this about the same board at the end of the last two seasons?
As far as i am aware the losses the club has made last season and the expected losses this season, plugged by selling shares have only become aparent in recent months.

I have always been cautiously supportive of the board and was willing to believe they were doing a good job. The mantra of the club being run sustainably rings hollow in view of the above.

Dom Sterlings Left Leg
Posts: 64
Joined: Thu Jan 03, 2008 4:00 pm
Re: Match day thread vs HARTLEPOOL

Post by Dom Sterlings Left Leg » Sat Apr 13, 2019 8:11 pm

1zingo wrote:
Sat Apr 13, 2019 7:47 pm
Dom Sterlings Left Leg wrote:
Sat Apr 13, 2019 7:12 pm

In a dream world i would like shot of the board. They have proved their incompetence and we need a complete clear out. The vast majority are not football people and certainly dont have any afinity to the club. Becoming a director because youve been roped in to buying shares to plug holes in the clubs finances caused by incompetence doesnt strike me as a good business model.

Im well aware we are stuck with them.
The better question is why the BOD still wants to be stuck with you. Rather than rescue the club, Chairman Azeem could just as easily have absorbed his £300k loss and walked away. Instead, he bailed out the club only to discover that no good deed goes unpunished. He's already made it clear that this club will not always be competitive. The reasons have been set forth here numerous times. So, if you have a more productive business model, then by all means let the BOD see it. I'm sure they'll be mesmerized.
Well thats a good question. Im no genius but a business model that runs the club at losses where they are only plugged by some ponzi like scheme doesnt strike me as particularly good.

I have no idea about the best way to run the club financially, possibly matching expenditure with income might be a good place to start.

However what i do know is that alienating people like me that pay 18 every home game, cash for shots, 50 50, pay to use the hospitality, use the club bars, buy goldeb tickets and generally to the cost of my sanity followed the club up and down the country for years is not a particular good business model either.

80fc
Posts: 21
Joined: Thu May 17, 2007 12:20 pm
Re: Match day thread vs HARTLEPOOL

Post by 80fc » Sat Apr 13, 2019 8:37 pm

Fuggletim wrote:
Sat Apr 13, 2019 6:15 pm
By the way, did anyone else think the seagulls flying around looked like vultures?

Well HarryTim, why did it take me so long? Well, every single year the "Doom Mongers" predict relegation it seems at some point in the season and often with little real foundation, and are proven wrong. However, By the law of averages they have to get it right some time and this year was that time.

In football we have good times and bad times; neither last forever, but come mid Jan was when I personally realised that this time it was probably not going to get good again before it got much worse.
funnily enough i sent a text to Mrs80fc who is away on business in some foreign clime, that there were seagulls circling the rec just like vultures.Actually I think they were Blacked Headed Gulls but it doesnt really matter, bit like our players attitude to winning


Post Reply