Tommy Anderson tweet

Post Reply
Reg's corner
Posts: 70
Joined: Wed Jan 10, 2007 12:37 pm
Re: Tommy Anderson tweet

Post by Reg's corner » Sun Apr 14, 2019 5:01 pm

Yes Laz, metophoraclly thats what I meant.. (in a round about way)

ians
Posts: 34
Joined: Wed Jan 10, 2007 1:29 pm
Re: Tommy Anderson tweet

Post by ians » Sun Apr 14, 2019 5:02 pm

redblueuptoyou wrote:
Sun Apr 14, 2019 4:12 pm
He’s now deleted those screenshots.
Yes I think he has realised the mistake he has made as it’s been removed from Facebook and Twitter which is good as at least it shows he has listened to the criticism or someone more mature has had a word :D

Reg's corner
Posts: 70
Joined: Wed Jan 10, 2007 12:37 pm
Re: Tommy Anderson tweet

Post by Reg's corner » Sun Apr 14, 2019 5:08 pm

Apparently Rob shot asked brookland to come on the comms yesterday but he declined as he was so angry at the clubs predicament and didnt want to say anything hed regret later. I say let it all out as all the fans to have a clear the air thrash out, shake hands and get our S##t together for next season. Everybody has just got to get a grip including us!!

ians
Posts: 34
Joined: Wed Jan 10, 2007 1:29 pm
Re: Tommy Anderson tweet

Post by ians » Sun Apr 14, 2019 5:15 pm

LewATFC wrote:
Sun Apr 14, 2019 3:24 pm
Of course it is all easier said than done, that's why we are supporters and not at the helm ourselves. Though, it is going to be US that lives with the consequences long-term.

As someone who stopped posting on this a long time ago, yet still visits regularly... it's rather annoying to see such an agenda as Oliver's - 90% of posts are 'Waddock Out' but look how glowing our chairman is. It's all very odd.

I am merely countering that and suggesting if you start to peel away at the problems, they all filter back to the leader of this club. The man in control.. and that's the chairman.

We are led to believe that he wants the club to be sustainable but the facts are there, we simply aren't. Just because we say the word 'Sustainability' over and over doesn't mean it'll magically happen. The financial figures are scary and it's complete mis-management that there are such drastic holes to plug in the first place. It's complete mis-management to restructure the club, including the introduction of a CEO, to only change your mind a few months down the line, costing the club even more money. Why were the finances at Woking "deteriorating steadily" under his stewardship? (http://www.wokingfc.co.uk/news/article/ ... ouncement/) Why does this look similar to what's going on here? He's out of his depth as a chairman. He's a good salesman, but not a leader.

The whole ambition/culture/intent of this football club needs to be established and made clear - but with honesty - honesty being the key word.

We're playing regional football next season, have haemorrhaged huge sums of money in consecutive years and the board couldn't be any further from the fanbase if they tried. The issue is far, far deeper than the current management and playing staff (as terrible as they have been). It is no wonder that this season has been such a disaster, from top to bottom.
It is worth noting that the sort of debts we are talking about is uncannily similar to the debt Jon McGinty built up, but he was seen as a hero :wink:

Birdman
Posts: 286
Joined: Wed Jan 10, 2007 9:47 am
Location: Aldershot
Re: Tommy Anderson tweet

Post by Birdman » Sun Apr 14, 2019 5:23 pm

I don’t think that you’re far from the truth there, ians.

There used to be a poster on here who was rather vocal about the club’s finances around that time and when we were in the league. I think that because we had achieved ‘our aim’ of getting back into the league little attention was given to him. With hindsight, we all should have listened but the satisfaction of league status seemed to have diverted our attention. I just wish that I could remember his username.

hepcat
Posts: 44
Joined: Wed Feb 27, 2013 4:50 pm
Re: Tommy Anderson tweet

Post by hepcat » Sun Apr 14, 2019 6:14 pm

Birdman wrote:
Sun Apr 14, 2019 5:23 pm
I don’t think that you’re far from the truth there, ians.

There used to be a poster on here who was rather vocal about the club’s finances around that time and when we were in the league. I think that because we had achieved ‘our aim’ of getting back into the league little attention was given to him. With hindsight, we all should have listened but the satisfaction of league status seemed to have diverted our attention. I just wish that I could remember his username.
I must be one of the few who doesn't know what Tommy Tweeted as the link says to log in to Twitter and I have no intention of joining !!
That apart I think Birdie is spot on ;everything was over looked with just the blinkered aim of returning to the League without addressing all the fault lines that existed in 1992 which have resurfaced again and again (2013 and now the most obvious examples) We were "getting back to the league" with more or less the same infrastructure that saw us wiped out in '92 (our 2 season stay in the 3rd tier probably doing the damage that led to '92) So no real surprise we went belly up again.
As a number of posters have said (Lazio in particular) we cannot sustain a viable competitive NL / L2 side as we don't own our ground which is in a decrepit state , cannot make any significant off field revenue and the Town isn't a place anyone wants to visit ;it more or less is an extension of the rec-decrepit with it's best days gone. The real work needs to be done off field ;redevelop the ground ,put in place a viable infrastructure for the club to survive . We are in a bad spot as there is nothing for an investor to invest in. You'd have the history and a dwindling fan base and an ever lower league status (these are the plusses !!) but you'd be looking at building a club up from scratch more or less as we still have our 1992 infrastructure.
I have no real idea of where we go. Some micro sides survive in the NL (Maidenhead Boreham Wood Sutton) but they aren't as handicapped as we are by our off field problems , and with the NL getting stronger from "Big" relegated clubs and parvenu clubs and "Sleeping giants" such as Stockport reviving we look a long way off from another promotion push. What ever the failing off the field are we need to be frank and open and look to build something that will get us out of this spiral

ACA
Posts: 84
Joined: Wed Jan 10, 2007 12:54 am
Re: Tommy Anderson tweet

Post by ACA » Sun Apr 14, 2019 6:23 pm

ians wrote:
Sun Apr 14, 2019 5:02 pm
redblueuptoyou wrote:
Sun Apr 14, 2019 4:12 pm
He’s now deleted those screenshots.
Yes I think he has realised the mistake he has made as it’s been removed from Facebook and Twitter which is good as at least it shows he has listened to the criticism or someone more mature has had a word :D
That's the unfortunate thing with social media. You can post something without thinking it through, broadcast it to a large number of people, then delete it and pretend it didn't happen: no explanation, no apology (if required). I note it's now been replaced by a far more measured post, which talks about a meeting with a director and an undertaking to be "a critical friend" to the club. Much better than the first attempt, but it still leaves a sour taste in the mouth.

Reg's corner
Posts: 70
Joined: Wed Jan 10, 2007 12:37 pm
Re: Tommy Anderson tweet

Post by Reg's corner » Sun Apr 14, 2019 7:04 pm

Presumably the email still got sent to the chairman, anyhows so...

ACA
Posts: 84
Joined: Wed Jan 10, 2007 12:54 am
Re: Tommy Anderson tweet

Post by ACA » Sun Apr 14, 2019 8:11 pm

Yes, but that's how it should have stayed. Private. Tommy posted what he claimed was a "public letter", made some fairly serious accusations about how the club is being run, then deleted it 24 hours later. However, the content of that letter was still read by "the public" and it's already being taken as evidence (by some) that the club aren't paying their bills. That alleged "evidence" (i.e. the public letter containing the allegation) has now been deleted, so no one can see what was actually said, or the context in which it was said. It's just been deleted like it never happened, replaced by something much more moderate and conciliatory.

That's why I say it's a problem. Was it deleted because it was factually incorrect? Was it deleted because the club were able to rebut the allegations contained therein? We don't know and I suspect we'll never know. If you are going to go on the record about something, you need to stand by it and justify it. If you decide to retract your statement, you should be prepared to explain why. But to simply sweep it under the carpet and pretend it never happened in the first place? Sorry, that just damages your credibility in the long run.

Lazio
Posts: 87
Joined: Tue Jun 21, 2011 12:42 pm
Re: Tommy Anderson tweet

Post by Lazio » Sun Apr 14, 2019 8:23 pm

Throwing accusations about on social media is a very serious issue. One or two lines out of place and it could easily be libelous.

ians
Posts: 34
Joined: Wed Jan 10, 2007 1:29 pm
Re: Tommy Anderson tweet

Post by ians » Sun Apr 14, 2019 8:42 pm

Lazio wrote:
Sun Apr 14, 2019 8:23 pm
Throwing accusations about on social media is a very serious issue. One or two lines out of place and it could easily be libelous.
I’m afraid it all just backs us what I said around time when he stood down from the Board, far too young for the job, and I took some flack for it! What he has done in the last 24 hours is an example of why I said it.

Dr Jim Royle
Posts: 64
Joined: Mon Sep 12, 2011 6:21 am
Re: Tommy Anderson tweet

Post by Dr Jim Royle » Mon Apr 15, 2019 8:53 am

Of course it is all easier said than done, that's why we are supporters and not at the helm ourselves. Though, it is going to be US that lives with the consequences long-term.

As someone who stopped posting on this a long time ago, yet still visits regularly... it's rather annoying to see such an agenda as Oliver's - 90% of posts are 'Waddock Out' but look how glowing our chairman is. It's all very odd.

I am merely countering that and suggesting if you start to peel away at the problems, they all filter back to the leader of this club. The man in control.. and that's the chairman.

We are led to believe that he wants the club to be sustainable but the facts are there, we simply aren't. Just because we say the word 'Sustainability' over and over doesn't mean it'll magically happen. The financial figures are scary and it's complete mis-management that there are such drastic holes to plug in the first place. It's complete mis-management to restructure the club, including the introduction of a CEO, to only change your mind a few months down the line, costing the club even more money. Why were the finances at Woking "deteriorating steadily" under his stewardship? (http://www.wokingfc.co.uk/news/article/ ... ouncement/) Why does this look similar to what's going on here? He's out of his depth as a chairman. He's a good salesman, but not a leader.

The whole ambition/culture/intent of this football club needs to be established and made clear - but with honesty - honesty being the key word.

We're playing regional football next season, have haemorrhaged huge sums of money in consecutive years and the board couldn't be any further from the fanbase if they tried. The issue is far, far deeper than the current management and playing staff (as terrible as they have been). It is no wonder that this season has been such a disaster, from top to bottom.
Lew, may I suggest your view is probably coloured by some other posts made about the BOD, of course you are entitled to those views but 9 times out of 10 folk chose to believe what is true by reading or listening to those who seem to have similar outlook. And that can be very misleading and not always the actual truth. I've spoken to Shahid lots of times now and not once has he said the decisions made have been all the right ones, hindsight is a wonderful gift but you try buying it anywhere. Some of those decisions will have cost money but you have to believe that at the time of making them it seemed the right thing to do. Nobody including Shahid will have decided on something which ultimately loses you money, why would you? But some things you just cannot bet on as sure fire winners, no such thing. I cannot think of one Aldershot Chairman who has not made mistakes, cost the club money at some point, wanted their "loans" repaid etc. We've had some good hearted Chairmen and some with no heart for the Club. But I will go out on a limb here and say, Shahid very much has the Club in his heart, the relegation will be hurting him as much as any fan. But try to remember the good he does as a Chairman as well rather homing in on errors. The long term lease deal is something NO OTHER CHAIRMAN has managed to achieve, it does provide stability and the chance for development and my money is on him and the BOD working hard now to press this on. In a difficult season he has still managed to bring in fresh money investments, secure long term sponsorship deals and employs an excellent Sales Manager in But's.

My own humble view this season has been entirely brought on by Gary. If playing budgets ensure league placings there would have been no chance of relegation and further cash injection from the golden tickets should have at least helped keep us clear of it. But Gary alone got it horribly wrong, he chose the wrong players and gambled heavily on players with a poor fitness level, and it back fired big time. Yes, he may have been peeved off at away travel arrangements at times, yes the training ground fiasco would have been frustrating but at the end of the day our match day performances in the main have been pitiful. There has been a lack of Leadership on and off the playing side of the Club, excuses a plentiful but hardly any blame shouldered. We are now finding out player discipline has been poor. The unity between players and fans has become fraught, the Manager has looked all season like he hasn't wanted to be here. And so on and so on.

Has Shahid's biggest error been keeping loyal to Gary? Or are you prepared to absolve Gary of any blame and shoulder it in its entirety on shahi's doorstep?

I've always tried to keep a balanced view on things, I know full well so many issues this season, but coming down hard onto one side of that fence?

Think I need another holiday :-)

HackJowarth
Posts: 17
Joined: Sun Apr 19, 2015 11:18 pm
Re: Tommy Anderson tweet

Post by HackJowarth » Mon Apr 15, 2019 9:46 am

LewATFC wrote:
Sun Apr 14, 2019 3:24 pm
Of course it is all easier said than done, that's why we are supporters and not at the helm ourselves. Though, it is going to be US that lives with the consequences long-term.

As someone who stopped posting on this a long time ago, yet still visits regularly... it's rather annoying to see such an agenda as Oliver's - 90% of posts are 'Waddock Out' but look how glowing our chairman is. It's all very odd.

I am merely countering that and suggesting if you start to peel away at the problems, they all filter back to the leader of this club. The man in control.. and that's the chairman.

We are led to believe that he wants the club to be sustainable but the facts are there, we simply aren't. Just because we say the word 'Sustainability' over and over doesn't mean it'll magically happen. The financial figures are scary and it's complete mis-management that there are such drastic holes to plug in the first place. It's complete mis-management to restructure the club, including the introduction of a CEO, to only change your mind a few months down the line, costing the club even more money. Why were the finances at Woking "deteriorating steadily" under his stewardship? (http://www.wokingfc.co.uk/news/article/ ... ouncement/) Why does this look similar to what's going on here? He's out of his depth as a chairman. He's a good salesman, but not a leader.

The whole ambition/culture/intent of this football club needs to be established and made clear - but with honesty - honesty being the key word.

We're playing regional football next season, have haemorrhaged huge sums of money in consecutive years and the board couldn't be any further from the fanbase if they tried. The issue is far, far deeper than the current management and playing staff (as terrible as they have been). It is no wonder that this season has been such a disaster, from top to bottom.
It is a fact and in the public eye, Shahid received a vote of no confidence from his co-directors at Woking and thus, had no option other than to resign.

Desertshot
Posts: 4
Joined: Thu Sep 03, 2015 6:25 pm
Re: Tommy Anderson tweet

Post by Desertshot » Mon Apr 15, 2019 9:54 am

Oliver11 wrote:
Sun Apr 14, 2019 9:57 am
As mentioned, to stick together a few screenshots is embarrassing - not professional whatsoever!

As much as I didn't even read it, and if this is how Tommy conducts his business then we are better off without him on the board.

The BOD have openly admitted mistakes but the Trust kicking off that bills weren't paid on time is laughable. Its life and sometimes cash flow doesn't allow it added to the fact in general loss in revenue that can't be predicted.

Credit to Shahid for finding investors to bail us out (god knows why you would invest in Aldershot). Added to the new stadium plans that have taken a step forward with the council recently as well.

They gave GW more money than really they should have to compete for the playoffs yet still get lambasted.

Without doubt their biggest mistake is not removing GW months ago and being too loyal but have trusted someone who is supposed to know what he was doing.
I Agree the board might not be perfect but then nor are any of us. I'm looking forward to next season......COYS

Desertshot
Posts: 4
Joined: Thu Sep 03, 2015 6:25 pm
Re: Tommy Anderson tweet

Post by Desertshot » Mon Apr 15, 2019 10:06 am

Lazio wrote:
Sun Apr 14, 2019 4:29 pm
Reg's corner wrote:
Sun Apr 14, 2019 4:18 pm
Hopefully he will re post it properly so the fans can read the statement - presumeimg that's his intension.. Or and put it here- on the fans message board, as he represents the ' fans'...
He.may represent some fans but he sure doesn't represent me.
Or me.


Post Reply