Tommy Anderson tweet

Post Reply
Lazio
Posts: 87
Joined: Tue Jun 21, 2011 12:42 pm
Re: Tommy Anderson tweet

Post by Lazio » Mon Apr 15, 2019 4:37 pm

If this young man really wants to be taken seriously and become involved in politics, then he needs to be a lot more considerate in how he goes about it. Before you attack an opponent you need to be calm and calculated, not firing from the hip with accusations that you can't substantiate.

Tongham Shots
Posts: 18
Joined: Wed Jan 10, 2007 5:23 pm
Re: Tommy Anderson tweet

Post by Tongham Shots » Mon Apr 15, 2019 5:23 pm

Lazio wrote:
Mon Apr 15, 2019 4:37 pm
If this young man really wants to be taken seriously and become involved in politics, then he needs to be a lot more considerate in how he goes about it. Before you attack an opponent you need to be calm and calculated, not firing from the hip with accusations that you can't substantiate.
How do you know he can't substantiate the accusations?

Lazio
Posts: 87
Joined: Tue Jun 21, 2011 12:42 pm
Re: Tommy Anderson tweet

Post by Lazio » Mon Apr 15, 2019 5:39 pm

If so why did he remove them so quickly, if he can provide proof I will happily retract that part but I won't hold my breath.

Oliver11
Posts: 177
Joined: Sat Sep 16, 2017 7:22 pm
Re: Tommy Anderson tweet

Post by Oliver11 » Mon Apr 15, 2019 5:56 pm

Too young and clearly too rash in his decisions - the board departure and recent twitter debacle prove so.

Tongham Shots
Posts: 18
Joined: Wed Jan 10, 2007 5:23 pm
Re: Tommy Anderson tweet

Post by Tongham Shots » Mon Apr 15, 2019 6:02 pm

Lazio wrote:
Mon Apr 15, 2019 5:39 pm
If so why did he remove them so quickly, if he can provide proof I will happily retract that part but I won't hold my breath.
I have actually seen the invoices mentioned in the e-mail/tweet. Having spoken to Tommy today he told me - following a meeting with a director of the club yesterday a solution to that has been agreed, so he therefore removed the tweet.

Dr Jim Royle
Posts: 64
Joined: Mon Sep 12, 2011 6:21 am
Re: Tommy Anderson tweet

Post by Dr Jim Royle » Mon Apr 15, 2019 6:38 pm

I have actually seen the invoices mentioned in the e-mail/tweet. Having spoken to Tommy today he told me - following a meeting with a director of the club yesterday a solution to that has been agreed, so he therefore removed the tweet.
That's good news, let us hope he shares with us all again how the successful outcome was achieved, who the Director was that saved the day and of course who leaked out the invoices into the public domain in the first place ..... unless the culprit is already tucked away in the Ecuadorian Embassy 8)

Tongham Shots
Posts: 18
Joined: Wed Jan 10, 2007 5:23 pm
Re: Tommy Anderson tweet

Post by Tongham Shots » Mon Apr 15, 2019 6:58 pm

Dr Jim Royle wrote:
Mon Apr 15, 2019 6:38 pm
I have actually seen the invoices mentioned in the e-mail/tweet. Having spoken to Tommy today he told me - following a meeting with a director of the club yesterday a solution to that has been agreed, so he therefore removed the tweet.
That's good news, let us hope he shares with us all again how the successful outcome was achieved, who the Director was that saved the day and of course who leaked out the invoices into the public domain in the first place ..... unless the culprit is already tucked away in the Ecuadorian Embassy 8)
Why do you say it was leaked into the public domain. I didn't mention it until Tommy had to bring it up as a last resort because he was banging his head against a brick wall.
Do you know what I find really sad and depressing about this board these days - it is that, some posters on here believe everything which the Chairman says without question, yet anyone who questions or says anything against him is either not believed or has to prove it. Bizarre.

Quietobserver
Posts: 36
Joined: Tue Aug 28, 2018 8:18 pm
Re: Tommy Anderson tweet

Post by Quietobserver » Mon Apr 15, 2019 7:03 pm

ACA wrote:
Mon Apr 15, 2019 4:11 pm
Again, it comes back to my earlier post - what is the club responding to? The allegations have been deleted, the statement effectively retracted. We are told regularly on this forum never to believe anything the club says; that if you take anything at face value then you're foolish or easily persuaded. Why should we treat a statement made by the Trust chairman any differently? Why assume any of it had any basis in fact, when the same has been deleted/retracted? The fact that he is a fan, his heart is the right place, or whatever, has nothing to do with it. The fact that the content of the message was critical of the club should not lend it legitimacy.

Dr Royle is not alone in finding it suspicious when someone makes a big show of posting something on Twitter, only to delete it later without explanation and try to carry on like nothing happened. The club would be castigated on here if they did something similar.
Surely if the allegations have no basis in reality, then Tommy will be sued for defamation. If not it would be strange.

Lazio
Posts: 87
Joined: Tue Jun 21, 2011 12:42 pm
Re: Tommy Anderson tweet

Post by Lazio » Mon Apr 15, 2019 7:23 pm

Why do you say it was leaked into the public domain. I didn't mention it until Tommy had to bring it up as a last resort because he was banging his head against a brick wall.
Do you know what I find really sad and depressing about this board these days - it is that, some posters on here believe everything which the Chairman says without question, yet anyone who questions or says anything against him is either not believed or has to prove it. Bizarre.
[/quote]
If you are making accusations then yes you have to prove them. I don't have any faith in the BoD but unless someone wants to plough money in and take over they are we are stuck with. They obviously have their own vested interests and only time will tell if the club prospers under their stewardship although I have my doubts unless more money is found.

Dr Jim Royle
Posts: 64
Joined: Mon Sep 12, 2011 6:21 am
Re: Tommy Anderson tweet

Post by Dr Jim Royle » Mon Apr 15, 2019 8:35 pm

Tongham, Tommy does not sit on the BOD anymore, nor is he employed in any capacity so how exactly did he see invoices that were directed to the club? Does he know my gas bill as well?

Who was the Director Tommy sorted it out with?

How was it resolved?

I believe in facts, not assumptions. I’ve been critical of the BOD in things like the recent CEO in my view debacle.

It seems you yourself are guilty of just believing one side of the story, yet you are critical of others that do the same if they speak up for the BOD.

If someone throws stones then I’d like to hear from both sides to who, how and why, not just from the thrower.

Birdman
Posts: 286
Joined: Wed Jan 10, 2007 9:47 am
Location: Aldershot
Re: Tommy Anderson tweet

Post by Birdman » Mon Apr 15, 2019 8:39 pm

Dr Jim Royle wrote:
Mon Apr 15, 2019 8:35 pm
Tongham, Tommy does not sit on the BOD anymore, nor is he employed in any capacity so how exactly did he see invoices that were directed to the club? Does he know my gas bill as well?

Who was the Director Tommy sorted it out with?

How was it resolved?

I believe in facts, not assumptions. I’ve been critical of the BOD in things like the recent CEO in my view debacle.

It seems you yourself are guilty of just believing one side of the story, yet you are critical of others that do the same if they speak up for the BOD.

If someone throws stones then I’d like to hear from both sides to who, how and why, not just from the thrower.
Looks like it was Deane Wood :- https://mobile.twitter.com/TommyAnderson94/with_replies

Geneva Shot
Posts: 2
Joined: Mon Mar 03, 2008 8:58 pm
Location: Geneva, Switzerland
Re: Tommy Anderson tweet

Post by Geneva Shot » Mon Apr 15, 2019 9:06 pm

He’s an embarrassment.
Shame a position of influence was wasted on him

Dom Sterlings Left Leg
Posts: 64
Joined: Thu Jan 03, 2008 4:00 pm
Re: Tommy Anderson tweet

Post by Dom Sterlings Left Leg » Mon Apr 15, 2019 9:16 pm

Part of the problem as i see it is there is a void created by a complete lack of communication from the club.

That void is often filled by rumors and half truths thats take on a life of their own.

Why has there been no statement regards our relegation from the board as yet? Not even an acknowledgement of whats happened?

This is a key area that must improve next season.

South Stand Blue
Posts: 37
Joined: Fri Nov 12, 2010 6:30 pm
Re: Tommy Anderson tweet

Post by South Stand Blue » Mon Apr 15, 2019 10:14 pm

Dr Jim Royle wrote:
Mon Apr 15, 2019 8:35 pm
Tongham, Tommy does not sit on the BOD anymore, nor is he employed in any capacity so how exactly did he see invoices that were directed to the club? Does he know my gas bill as well?

Who was the Director Tommy sorted it out with?

How was it resolved?

I believe in facts, not assumptions. I’ve been critical of the BOD in things like the recent CEO in my view debacle.

It seems you yourself are guilty of just believing one side of the story, yet you are critical of others that do the same if they speak up for the BOD.

If someone throws stones then I’d like to hear from both sides to who, how and why, not just from the thrower.
Dr Jim, local housing association based in Aldershot has been housing one of the current first team players since July 18, where accommodation is paid by the Trust as part of agreement outlined at start of the season. Now since the beginning of March, a second player has been housed, where discussions were held an agreement was made that the Club and the Trust would both contribute to the costs. The club would contribute the same amount that they were paying previous landlord, and the Trust would top up the extra money required. Well the Trust have honoured their part of the agreement but the club haven’t paid a penny despite the fact the housing association has raised an invoice with reminders sent to Club Secretary and Finance Administrator. No communication to the Manager of housing association either to offer any kind of explanation as to why no money has been received. Whilst on the BOD Tommy arranged, built up and oversaw this relationship.
That is how I would imagine he has seen the invoices or in recent cases lack of them.

Shots1954
Posts: 94
Joined: Wed Aug 09, 2017 6:31 pm
Re: Tommy Anderson tweet

Post by Shots1954 » Mon Apr 15, 2019 10:53 pm

Tongham Shots wrote:
Mon Apr 15, 2019 6:58 pm
Dr Jim Royle wrote:
Mon Apr 15, 2019 6:38 pm
I have actually seen the invoices mentioned in the e-mail/tweet. Having spoken to Tommy today he told me - following a meeting with a director of the club yesterday a solution to that has been agreed, so he therefore removed the tweet.
That's good news, let us hope he shares with us all again how the successful outcome was achieved, who the Director was that saved the day and of course who leaked out the invoices into the public domain in the first place ..... unless the culprit is already tucked away in the Ecuadorian Embassy 8)
Why do you say it was leaked into the public domain. I didn't mention it until Tommy had to bring it up as a last resort because he was banging his head against a brick wall.
Do you know what I find really sad and depressing about this board these days - it is that, some posters on here believe everything which the Chairman says without question, yet anyone who questions or says anything against him is either not believed or has to prove it. Bizarre.
I totally agree Tongham. To some posters what the Chairman says is gospel yet anyone else is rubbished. What I understand is that what Tommy said was substantiated and should be in the public domain, not hidden!


Post Reply