Tommy Anderson tweet

Bathgateshots
Re: Tommy Anderson tweet

Post by Bathgateshots » Mon Apr 15, 2019 11:12 pm

For me, a distinct lack of communication from the BOD has led to these sort of accusations. As if the season hasn't been bad enough, we have the constant worry regards to finances and will it all end like 1992 or 2013. No reassurance from the BOD that everything is ok. Supporters are not daft, we are the very lifeblood of the club. I am sure we can all handle the truth, good or bad. PR is not just about rosy tea parties in the garden. Silence is deafening. When replying to accusations and in light of the 'fall out' between Tommy/Trust/BOD which we are still in the dark over then many of us will speculate. In the light of the Shots previous track record many will fear and think the worst. Although not unusual for companies to constantly delay payments owed, it does make you wonder who else are they are not paying (if correct). It seems any good news is shortly followed by bad these days.

Dr Jim Royle

Post by Dr Jim Royle » Tue Apr 16, 2019 2:47 am

Tongham - I am not disputing the issue of payments, I have no idea what deal, who and how the accommodation is paid, so the detailed explanation I’m not challenging. However putting such sensitive information out in the public domain, Twitter, for me is not on. I would not want my bills aired for all to see no matter if in arrears or fully paid up. I’d even say as it is a breach of confidential material then it may even have been illegal.

I am saddened that such stuff is being argued about in such ways, no parties come out of this in good light. If you cannot understand this, I’ll make it my last thought on the issue.

Oliver11

Post by Oliver11 » Tue Apr 16, 2019 7:30 am

Dr Jim Royle wrote:
Tue Apr 16, 2019 2:47 am
Tongham - I am not disputing the issue of payments, I have no idea what deal, who and how the accommodation is paid, so the detailed explanation I’m not challenging. However putting such sensitive information out in the public domain, Twitter, for me is not on. I would not want my bills aired for all to see no matter if in arrears or fully paid up. I’d even say as it is a breach of confidential material then it may even have been illegal.

I am saddened that such stuff is being argued about in such ways, no parties come out of this in good light. If you cannot understand this, I’ll make it my last thought on the issue.
+1 - board position at 22/23, what you get.....

Norwich Nick

Post by Norwich Nick » Tue Apr 16, 2019 7:32 am

Shots1954 wrote:
Mon Apr 15, 2019 10:53 pm
To some posters what the Chairman says is gospel yet anyone else is rubbished. What I understand is that what Tommy said was substantiated and should be in the public domain, not hidden!
No one has 'hidden' Tommy Anderson's accusation - he himself has removed it from the public domain for whatever reason.

In any event, we still don't know the full story - yes, it appears likely that the club may done something wrong but this could be as simple as a human error or an oversight. I can think of many things that go wrong from time to time in well-resourced and efficiently run organisations. ATFC is not well-resourced and is unlikely to be efficiently run given the reliance on goodwill to get many routine jobs completed (all in the interests of rightly protecting the playing budget).

I also disagree with the assertion that there are posters on this site claiming anything the Chairman says is gospel. All I ever read from those putting an alternative view is that there is much the club (including the Chairman) could do to improve - this is a very long way short of unequivocal praise.

ACA

Post by ACA » Tue Apr 16, 2019 8:09 am

Norwich Nick wrote:
Tue Apr 16, 2019 7:32 am
I also disagree with the assertion that there are posters on this site claiming anything the Chairman says is gospel. All I ever read from those putting an alternative view is that there is much the club (including the Chairman) could do to improve - this is a very long way short of unequivocal praise.
I could not agree more.

shotshammo

Post by shotshammo » Tue Apr 16, 2019 8:14 am

Advice given from one of my daughters to her sister. "When you leave a job under acrimonious circumstances, walk away and never look back, otherwise you are digging two graves, one for them and one for yourself".
One of my own. "Criticism is a worthless pursuit, if not backed up by fact"

Ancient Shot

Post by Ancient Shot » Tue Apr 16, 2019 8:32 am

Dr Jim Royle wrote:

Well said Dr Jim

Disgraceful behaviour and just stirring it up to satisfy a personal issue which can only bring the club (which he "loves" apparently) poor publicity and further (possibly unnecessary and unjustified) pain.

What possible good did he think could come out of the rant?

South Stand Blue

Post by South Stand Blue » Tue Apr 16, 2019 9:10 am

Ancient Shot wrote:
Tue Apr 16, 2019 8:32 am
Dr Jim Royle wrote:

Well said Dr Jim

Disgraceful behaviour and just stirring it up to satisfy a personal issue which can only bring the club (which he "loves" apparently) poor publicity and further (possibly unnecessary and unjustified) pain.

Satisfy a personal issue in your opinion Ancient Shot, and you are so wrong I'm afraid

Well the club have now contacted the Housing Association so hopefully now they will get paid, so I personally think that is a good thing that has come ouit of it.

Charles Dickens

Post by Charles Dickens » Tue Apr 16, 2019 9:12 am

Immature Twitter rants are best sent straight to the trash bin.

Ancient Shot

Post by Ancient Shot » Tue Apr 16, 2019 9:17 am

South Stand Blue wrote:
Tue Apr 16, 2019 9:10 am

Satisfy a personal issue in your opinion Ancient Shot, and you are so wrong I'm afraid

Well the club have now contacted the Housing Association so hopefully now they will get paid, so I personally think that is a good thing that has come ouit of it.
That's not the point SSB - doing it publicly is where the problem is

WTF

Post by WTF » Tue Apr 16, 2019 9:18 am

Ancient Shot wrote:
Tue Apr 16, 2019 8:32 am
Dr Jim Royle wrote:

Well said Dr Jim

Im sorry ancient but what you have said is not right. From my knowledge he, The Trust had concerns which were not answered or replied to so thats why he resigned, its not a personal issue at all. If a public body with shareholders do not answer what they have been asked then this could be the only way to get the issue out in the open. I trust Tommy and his love of the club and trying to protect it. Its funny that a Director came forward as soon as the tweet was out there and it was removed as it was then dealt with properly by the BOD.

The BOD should be asked to answer for their actions or face the possibility it being brought out into the open, to protect the club, anytime reasonable questions are not answered as in any business.

Ancient Shot

Post by Ancient Shot » Tue Apr 16, 2019 9:32 am

WTF wrote:
Tue Apr 16, 2019 9:18 am
If a public body with shareholders do not answer what they have been asked then this could be the only way to get the issue out in the open.
That would be fine if ATFC was a public company - it isn't

Shareholders have the right to know, yes, but it isn't a public matter

South Stand Blue

Post by South Stand Blue » Tue Apr 16, 2019 9:33 am

Ancient Shot wrote:
Tue Apr 16, 2019 9:17 am
South Stand Blue wrote:
Tue Apr 16, 2019 9:10 am

That's not the point SSB - doing it publicly is where the problem is

I agree with you it may not have been the smartest thing to do and all looked a bit heat of the moment but rightly or wrongly TA probably felt that something needed to be said.

South Stand Blue

Post by South Stand Blue » Tue Apr 16, 2019 9:39 am

Im sorry ancient but what you have said is not right. From my knowledge he, The Trust had concerns which were not answered or replied to so thats why he resigned, its not a personal issue at all. If a public body with shareholders do not answer what they have been asked then this could be the only way to get the issue out in the open. I trust Tommy and his love of the club and trying to protect it. Its funny that a Director came forward as soon as the tweet was out there and it was removed as it was then dealt with properly by the BOD.

The BOD should be asked to answer for their actions or face the possibility it being brought out into the open, to protect the club, anytime reasonable questions are not answered as in any business.
[/quote]

WTF..... At last somebody who may possibly get it :roll:

This will be my last comment on the subject now so onwards and upwards and we will be back as Champions next year

"If It's Good Enough For Torquay It's Good Enough For The Shots"

WTF

Post by WTF » Tue Apr 16, 2019 9:46 am

Ancient Shot wrote:
Tue Apr 16, 2019 9:32 am
WTF wrote:
Tue Apr 16, 2019 9:18 am
If a public body with shareholders do not answer what they have been asked then this could be the only way to get the issue out in the open.
That would be fine if ATFC was a public company - it isn't

Shareholders have the right to know, yes, but it isn't a public matter
Apologies yes, I should have said a Private limited company. It now appears this has been dealt with by the club which is correct.

I am aware of other shareholders who have written to the board for answers on specific points but to date nothing. What do you suggest they do in order to quite rightly receive the answers?

Does it not worry and concern you that this is happening? have the BOD things to hide, Im asking as I dont know?