Notts County

Post Reply
Disturbed Postie
Posts: 230
Joined: Sat Mar 12, 2016 8:42 pm
Notts County

Post by Disturbed Postie » Sun Apr 14, 2019 9:33 pm

Their league status is in serious jeopardy, would be the 4th side to be relegated into non league football alongside Oxford United, Wimbledon and Luton town that’s been in the top tier in the last 31 years!

Les Briley
Posts: 25
Joined: Mon Jan 15, 2007 10:37 pm
Location: Elsbels
Re: Notts County

Post by Les Briley » Sun Apr 14, 2019 9:54 pm

Disturbed Postie wrote:
Sun Apr 14, 2019 9:33 pm
Their league status is in serious jeopardy, would be the 4th side to be relegated into non league football alongside Oxford United, Wimbledon and Luton town that’s been in the top tier in the last 31 years!
Shame to see them relegated Bob, although they can still get out of trouble.

DaveC
Posts: 11
Joined: Thu Jan 23, 2014 8:14 pm
Re: Notts County

Post by DaveC » Sun Apr 14, 2019 10:36 pm

Not sure Wimbledon were ever "relegated" into non league, just morphed into MK Dons. The current AFC is a completely different club although they probably would not admit it.

Disturbed Postie
Posts: 230
Joined: Sat Mar 12, 2016 8:42 pm
Re: Notts County

Post by Disturbed Postie » Mon Apr 15, 2019 9:16 am

DaveC wrote:
Sun Apr 14, 2019 10:36 pm
Not sure Wimbledon were ever "relegated" into non league, just morphed into MK Dons. The current AFC is a completely different club although they probably would not admit it.
Yeah, fair enough

Aldershot Gas
Posts: 6
Joined: Sun Apr 13, 2008 3:32 pm
Re: Notts County

Post by Aldershot Gas » Tue Apr 16, 2019 7:44 pm

However, the biggest Club ever to grace the conference is Bristol Rovers - Highest ever play off final attendance (47,029) and Highest ever league game attendance (11,085).

Notts however, if they do well, could beat the League attendance record next season, but not the play off one.....

Also (Notts) possibly the best ever ground in the Conference ?

Accurate Shot
Posts: 12
Joined: Wed Sep 03, 2008 12:28 pm
Re: Notts County

Post by Accurate Shot » Tue Apr 16, 2019 8:09 pm

Luton & Oxford both had tenures in top flight and won the league cup. I see both these clubs as bigger than Bristol Rovers especially Luton.

scorp
Posts: 62
Joined: Tue Jan 09, 2007 7:54 pm
Location: England
Re: Notts County

Post by scorp » Tue Apr 16, 2019 9:02 pm

Aldershot Gas wrote:
Tue Apr 16, 2019 7:44 pm
However, the biggest Club ever to grace the conference is Bristol Rovers - Highest ever play off final attendance (47,029) and Highest ever league game attendance (11,085).

Notts however, if they do well, could beat the League attendance record next season, but not the play off one.....

Also (Notts) possibly the best ever ground in the Conference ?
Better than Tranmere's?

A pity we won't be hosting Notts County if they drop.... unless we have a major stroke of luck - finish 4th from bottom and a club above us goes bust.

Norwich Nick
Posts: 126
Joined: Tue Jan 09, 2007 7:49 pm
Location: Wymondham, Norfolk
Re: Notts County

Post by Norwich Nick » Tue Apr 16, 2019 9:10 pm

scorp wrote:
Tue Apr 16, 2019 9:02 pm
Aldershot Gas wrote:
Tue Apr 16, 2019 7:44 pm
However, the biggest Club ever to grace the conference is Bristol Rovers - Highest ever play off final attendance (47,029) and Highest ever league game attendance (11,085).

Notts however, if they do well, could beat the League attendance record next season, but not the play off one.....

Also (Notts) possibly the best ever ground in the Conference ?
Better than Tranmere's?

A pity we won't be hosting Notts County if they drop.... unless we have a major stroke of luck - finish 4th from bottom and a club above us goes bust.
Just on capacities..... Notts County is nearly 20k, Tranmere 16.5k. Personally, prefer Prenton Park

scorp
Posts: 62
Joined: Tue Jan 09, 2007 7:54 pm
Location: England
Re: Notts County

Post by scorp » Fri Apr 19, 2019 4:20 pm

Norwich Nick wrote:
Tue Apr 16, 2019 9:10 pm
scorp wrote:
Tue Apr 16, 2019 9:02 pm
Aldershot Gas wrote:
Tue Apr 16, 2019 7:44 pm
However, the biggest Club ever to grace the conference is Bristol Rovers - Highest ever play off final attendance (47,029) and Highest ever league game attendance (11,085).

Notts however, if they do well, could beat the League attendance record next season, but not the play off one.....

Also (Notts) possibly the best ever ground in the Conference ?
Better than Tranmere's?

A pity we won't be hosting Notts County if they drop.... unless we have a major stroke of luck - finish 4th from bottom and a club above us goes bust.
Just on capacities..... Notts County is nearly 20k, Tranmere 16.5k. Personally, prefer Prenton Park
Yep, it's not only size that counts.


Post Reply