Squads taking shape

Post Reply
Jimbo68
Posts: 28
Joined: Sun Apr 29, 2018 7:29 pm
Re: Squads taking shape

Post by Jimbo68 » Mon Jul 15, 2019 5:05 pm

couldnt agree more no one knows how these players are going to perform only time will tell lets all get behind team and club

Dom Sterlings Left Leg
Posts: 198
Joined: Thu Jan 03, 2008 4:00 pm
Re: Squads taking shape

Post by Dom Sterlings Left Leg » Mon Jul 15, 2019 6:49 pm

Indeed. Rightly or wrongly players that melt at a bit of criticism on a fans forum or on twitter are trying to make their way in the wrong game.

Comparisons to any other job are ridiculous, football is religon in this country and fans will always be critical of players.

Cph.shots
Posts: 259
Joined: Tue Jan 09, 2007 8:44 pm
Location: Copenhagen, Denmark
Re: Squads taking shape

Post by Cph.shots » Tue Jul 16, 2019 8:46 am

Dom Sterlings Left Leg wrote:
Mon Jul 15, 2019 6:49 pm
Indeed. Rightly or wrongly players that melt at a bit of criticism on a fans forum or on twitter are trying to make their way in the wrong game.

Comparisons to any other job are ridiculous, football is religon in this country and fans will always be critical of players.
Could be opening up a whole new can of worms there Dom, a religous thread!

Personally, I thought most religions were about "brotherly love", not "Rob Elvins a crap footballer" but what do I know, I'm an atheiest.
Maybe it's just a good excuse to take the filters off when sitting behind a keyboard or standing nice and annoymous on the terrace.

Gorby
Posts: 24
Joined: Sun May 06, 2018 8:30 pm
Re: Squads taking shape

Post by Gorby » Tue Jul 16, 2019 6:53 pm

Dr Jim Royle wrote:
Mon Jul 15, 2019 3:26 pm
For Heavens sakes, this domain getting more like Parliament every day. If anyone's opinion differs in the slightest ,folk from all angles get upset.

Here, I thought Rob Elvins was pretty poor BUT he still contributed with a few goals and was a part of a pretty good squad.

But what is WORST at the moment, NOBODY has a clue how this current squad will do, some getting bit carried away based on pre-season friendlies, others thinking it is looking pretty poor group of players.

Let me tell you all, I couldn't care less until football breaks out in proper meaning ... then and then only will I be critical. It matters diddly squat what happened in previous seasons, that is history. If we do well as always praise will be dished out, if players perform awfully they will get what criticism it deserves. If folk flinch at my opinions or argue against, so be it. It'll be based what happens on the pitch not how nice folk are off it.

The only emotion that gets fans going is mostly concerning results and that is what football is all about. Players, Managers, BOD's, Fans etc etc need to get thicker skins if what's written on here or Twits upsets them.

COYS
Well said. The calm voice of reason.
I thought Barry Smith's squad was better than last season's. I think this squad maybe a bit better then Smith's. We'll see.

HarryTom
Posts: 331
Joined: Tue Jun 12, 2018 3:18 pm
Re: Squads taking shape

Post by HarryTom » Tue Jul 16, 2019 7:21 pm

Gorby wrote:
Tue Jul 16, 2019 6:53 pm
Dr Jim Royle wrote:
Mon Jul 15, 2019 3:26 pm
For Heavens sakes, this domain getting more like Parliament every day. If anyone's opinion differs in the slightest ,folk from all angles get upset.

Here, I thought Rob Elvins was pretty poor BUT he still contributed with a few goals and was a part of a pretty good squad.

But what is WORST at the moment, NOBODY has a clue how this current squad will do, some getting bit carried away based on pre-season friendlies, others thinking it is looking pretty poor group of players.

Let me tell you all, I couldn't care less until football breaks out in proper meaning ... then and then only will I be critical. It matters diddly squat what happened in previous seasons, that is history. If we do well as always praise will be dished out, if players perform awfully they will get what criticism it deserves. If folk flinch at my opinions or argue against, so be it. It'll be based what happens on the pitch not how nice folk are off it.

The only emotion that gets fans going is mostly concerning results and that is what football is all about. Players, Managers, BOD's, Fans etc etc need to get thicker skins if what's written on here or Twits upsets them.

COYS
Well said. The calm voice of reason.
I thought Barry Smith's squad was better than last season's. I think this squad maybe a bit better then Smith's. We'll see.
A BIT BETTER, are you serious, come on, get a grip !!

redandbluescb
Posts: 224
Joined: Sat May 19, 2018 9:29 pm
Re: Squads taking shape

Post by redandbluescb » Tue Jul 16, 2019 9:35 pm

redandbluescb wrote:
Wed Jun 26, 2019 5:27 pm
MITCH WALKER GK

AARON EYOMA RB,RW
ROBBIE TINKLER RB
KODI LYONS FOSTER CB
OLIVER ODWYER CB
GEORGE FOWLER CB
ALEX FINNEY CB
LEWIS KINSELLA LB

ALFY WHITTINGHAM CM
DEAN RANCE CM
JAMES ROWE CM
ETHAN CHISLETT CM
ALEFE SANTOS RW,CM

JACOB BERKLEY AGYEPONG CF,LW
CONNOR SHIELDS RW,CF,LW
SHAMIR MULLINGS 1.8.19. CF
HARRISON PANAYIOTOU CF
Last edited by redandbluescb on Wed Jul 17, 2019 6:24 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Gorby
Posts: 24
Joined: Sun May 06, 2018 8:30 pm
Re: Squads taking shape

Post by Gorby » Tue Jul 16, 2019 10:47 pm

HarryTom wrote:
Tue Jul 16, 2019 7:21 pm
Gorby wrote:
Tue Jul 16, 2019 6:53 pm
Dr Jim Royle wrote:
Mon Jul 15, 2019 3:26 pm
For Heavens sakes, this domain getting more like Parliament every day. If anyone's opinion differs in the slightest ,folk from all angles get upset.

Here, I thought Rob Elvins was pretty poor BUT he still contributed with a few goals and was a part of a pretty good squad.

But what is WORST at the moment, NOBODY has a clue how this current squad will do, some getting bit carried away based on pre-season friendlies, others thinking it is looking pretty poor group of players.

Let me tell you all, I couldn't care less until football breaks out in proper meaning ... then and then only will I be critical. It matters diddly squat what happened in previous seasons, that is history. If we do well as always praise will be dished out, if players perform awfully they will get what criticism it deserves. If folk flinch at my opinions or argue against, so be it. It'll be based what happens on the pitch not how nice folk are off it.

The only emotion that gets fans going is mostly concerning results and that is what football is all about. Players, Managers, BOD's, Fans etc etc need to get thicker skins if what's written on here or Twits upsets them.

COYS
Well said. The calm voice of reason.
I thought Barry Smith's squad was better than last season's. I think this squad maybe a bit better then Smith's. We'll see.
A BIT BETTER, are you serious, come on, get a grip !!
Yes. A bit better, not a lot.

lanternhall
Posts: 486
Joined: Wed Jul 01, 2015 1:37 am
Re: Squads taking shape

Post by lanternhall » Wed Jul 17, 2019 12:46 am

Let's judge them when the season begins. I for one am fairly impressed by Danny at the moment.

Melbourne Red
Posts: 63
Joined: Mon Feb 19, 2007 10:06 pm
Location: Melbourne, Australia
Re: Squads taking shape

Post by Melbourne Red » Wed Jul 17, 2019 2:40 am

I don’t think anyone has posted this before, so here’s a video of Alfy Whittingham. Some well-taken goals (including one against Woking) and generally quite impressive highlights for a 20 year old playing one level below where we’ll be next season.

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=5fjvDI7grPc

Cph.shots
Posts: 259
Joined: Tue Jan 09, 2007 8:44 pm
Location: Copenhagen, Denmark
Re: Squads taking shape

Post by Cph.shots » Wed Jul 17, 2019 8:51 am

Melbourne Red wrote:
Wed Jul 17, 2019 2:40 am
I don’t think anyone has posted this before, so here’s a video of Alfy Whittingham. Some well-taken goals (including one against Woking) and generally quite impressive highlights for a 20 year old playing one level below where we’ll be next season.

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=5fjvDI7grPc
He certainly seems to know where the goal is and did well to stay on his feet against the St. Albans nr.4

aldershot-jg
Posts: 239
Joined: Wed Jul 25, 2007 5:17 pm
Location: Aldershot
Re: Squads taking shape

Post by aldershot-jg » Mon Jul 22, 2019 7:51 pm

Not sure if it's been mentioned already but the Trialist that came on for O'Dwyer and scored the other week actually played against us for Badshot Lea. Forgotten the name already but apparently he was let go by Fulham and was Badshot Lea's best player against us that game. Obviously he impressed Danny that game as well, might see him again tomorrow night.

Mick Earls Fan Club
Posts: 111
Joined: Sun Mar 16, 2008 11:54 am
Location: Elvetham Heath , Fleet
Squad numbers guessed

Post by Mick Earls Fan Club » Sun Jul 28, 2019 8:27 am

redandbluescb wrote:
Wed Jun 26, 2019 5:27 pm
1>MITCH WALKER GK
13>RYAN HALL GK

17>AARON EYOMA RB,RW
2>ROBBIE TINKLER RB
6>KODI LYONS FOSTER CB
5>OLIVER ODWYER CB
16>GEORGE FOWLER CB
24>ALEX FINNEY CB
3>LEWIS KINSELLA LB

12>ALFY WHITTINGHAM CM
4>DEAN RANCE CM
8>JAMES ROWE CM
11>ETHAN CHISLETT CM
7>ALEFE SANTOS RW,CM

21>JACOB BERKLEY AGYEPONG CF,LW
10>CONNOR SHIELDS RW,CF,LW
9>SHAMIR MULLINGS 1.8.19. CF
14>HARRISON PANAYIOTOU CF,LW
Squad numbers guessed.
Finney and JBA might get 15 and 18 respectively if they aren't keeping last season's numbers

Preston Shot
Posts: 189
Joined: Tue Jul 24, 2018 10:23 am
Re: Squads taking shape

Post by Preston Shot » Thu Aug 01, 2019 2:11 pm

Thought Mullings was signing today ?
Or is that this evenings big announcement

MMAN10
Posts: 8
Joined: Tue Jun 11, 2019 5:22 pm
Re: Squads taking shape

Post by MMAN10 » Thu Aug 01, 2019 3:19 pm


Birdman
Posts: 843
Joined: Wed Jan 10, 2007 9:47 am
Location: Aldershot
Re: Squads taking shape

Post by Birdman » Thu Aug 01, 2019 3:40 pm

And here they all are (or to misquote Mel Smith as he sang at the end of each episode of ‘Alas Smith & Jones’, “Here’s a pic of cast and crew,
Christ alone knows what they do.”
:- https://mobile.twitter.com/OfficialShot ... 0209515520


Post Reply