Match Night Thread - Bromley

Mytshot
Re: Match Night Thread - Bromley

Post by Mytshot » Tue Aug 13, 2019 10:13 pm

Reg's corner wrote:
Tue Aug 13, 2019 9:21 pm
Mytshot wrote:
Tue Aug 13, 2019 8:58 pm
We don’t look like scoring. Bromley controlling the game.
:shock: hilarious
Like I say, we didn’t look like scoring - and we didn’t. Crosses into the box with no one ever on the end of them and aimless long shots way off target.

Bromley went 1 up, defended for their lives and used all the spoiling tactics which we were suckered into, and ultimately controlled the game.

lanternhall

Post by lanternhall » Tue Aug 13, 2019 10:15 pm

Where are the goals coming from?

Reg's corner

Post by Reg's corner » Tue Aug 13, 2019 10:18 pm

Apart from the own goal to be fair bromlee didn't look like scoring..

Alex

Post by Alex » Tue Aug 13, 2019 10:18 pm

Mytshot wrote:
Tue Aug 13, 2019 10:13 pm
Reg's corner wrote:
Mytshot wrote:
Like I say, we didn’t look like scoring - and we didn’t. Crosses into the box with no one ever on the end of them and aimless long shots way off target.

Bromley went 1 up, defended for their lives and used all the spoiling tactics which we were suckered into, and ultimately controlled the game.
We did have 1 free header in the 1st half that fell to the wrong person and as I said previously, the keeper made a good save to keep out Mullings header 2nd half.

But yes, overall, not enough opportunities to score for a home team.

Anon E Mouse

Post by Anon E Mouse » Tue Aug 13, 2019 10:31 pm

How many more losses before Oliver starts shouting for Danny to be sacked......taps fingers on desk....

steveshot

Post by steveshot » Tue Aug 13, 2019 10:31 pm

Count to 10 😂

Reg's corner

Post by Reg's corner » Tue Aug 13, 2019 10:32 pm

Apart from the own goal to be fair bromlee didn't look like scoring..

lowerbourneshot

Post by lowerbourneshot » Tue Aug 13, 2019 10:34 pm

Mytshot wrote:
Tue Aug 13, 2019 10:13 pm
Reg's corner wrote:
Mytshot wrote:

Nobody prepared to gamble in the box . Thought we put enough balls in but never really troubled Bromley.

Preston Shot

Post by Preston Shot » Tue Aug 13, 2019 10:42 pm

Goodness gracious me we have lost three games to three unbeaten teams in the top 6 !!!
The size of the squad does worry me a bit though and four games in were already resting players or protecting them for another game.
Agree with most that a central striker must be brought in as that is a position that we are obviously lacking in.
I’ve always said you must set up your team to win your home games no matter what.
It won’t take long for the crowds to fall off if we continue not to collect points at home.

steveshot

Post by steveshot » Tue Aug 13, 2019 10:45 pm

Just over1700 tonight

MikeB

Post by MikeB » Tue Aug 13, 2019 10:49 pm

Preston Shot wrote:
Tue Aug 13, 2019 10:42 pm
Goodness gracious me we have lost three games to three unbeaten teams in the top 6 !!!
The size of the squad does worry me a bit though and four games in were already resting players or protecting them for another game.
Agree with most that a central striker must be brought in as that is a position that we are obviously lacking in.
I’ve always said you must set up your team to win your home games no matter what.
It won’t take long for the crowds to fall off if we continue not to collect points at home.
The first sentence is rather a circular argument. Obe of the reasons that Fylde, Salford and Bromley are doing well after 4 games is because they have played the Shots and won.

JOELC26

Post by JOELC26 » Tue Aug 13, 2019 10:51 pm

I have calmed down now I have got home by my honest opinion is as follows.

For me, Danny got the starting 11 wrong and I thought this before a ball was kicked. I presume Rowe is injured on the basis he didn’t come off the bench. But on sight of the team it did look very lightweight and inexperienced with ayoma chislett panayiotou and Santos. Bromley probably saw the teamsheet and could tell our tactics.

Eyoma when he actually dribbled at there left back had success but lost it every time
he turned inside. I wasn’t sure if that was a tactic or lack of confidence.

Onto the game I thought they timewasted from minute one and weren’t a great side.

I’m confident the highlights will show a clear push on Kinsella which allowed the ball to get to their centre half to score.

The header in first half should have been on target and their keeper made a good save from mullings.

Outside of those chances we just were a little slow and allowed them to get in shape and clear.

As for the referee and linesman. To allow the time wasting was disgraceful. The linesman called an offside direct from a goal kick which is incorrect.

Onto Halifax and hopefully Rowe and shields will return to the starting line up.

chimpster99

Post by chimpster99 » Tue Aug 13, 2019 10:55 pm

Too lightweight upfront tonight. Set up 433 but with a Panayiotou, Santos and Eyoma offering no physicality and little tackling ability, Bromley imposed themselves on the game and we ended up 451 to try and compete in midfield. Shields transformed things and we managed to get a foothold, and for a short while hopes rose. It was at that point that the ref, having struggled with even the most basic decisions all night, decided to completely lose control of the game and whatever momentum we had built soon eradicated.

Our young manager and team need to learn to keep their composure in these situations, as I think some of our antics worked against us. We also need to compete physically, I fear for us as we’re lacking muscle and basic tackling ability in key positions.

I think Rowe pulled up in the warm up.

Got to bounce back strong on Saturday!

Preston Shot

Post by Preston Shot » Tue Aug 13, 2019 11:04 pm

MikeB wrote:
Tue Aug 13, 2019 10:49 pm
Preston Shot wrote:
Tue Aug 13, 2019 10:42 pm
The first sentence is rather a circular argument. Obe of the reasons that Fylde, Salford and Bromley are doing well after 4 games is because they have played the Shots and won.
I’m sure you mean Solihull who by the way won 6-1 away this evening !!

Fuggletim

Post by Fuggletim » Tue Aug 13, 2019 11:04 pm

The referee was Ron Challis re-born. He failed completely and utterly to get to grips with the cynical time wasting tactics displayed right from the start of the game by Bromley. I am not going to dispute that Danny Searle deserved his booking, but to see no-one on the Bromley bench even get spoken to is, to use a popular word on here, ludicrous. I know we say it all the time on here about poor officials, but that tonight it really was true.

I doubt it would have made any difference to the outcome of the game. We lack power and finishing up front, and why, oh why, do we still stick to the ridiculous concept of "short" corners? What an absolute waste of time!