Match Night Thread - Bromley

Mytshot
Re: Match Night Thread - Bromley

Post by Mytshot » Tue Aug 13, 2019 11:09 pm

JOELC26 wrote:
Tue Aug 13, 2019 10:51 pm
I have calmed down now I have got home by my honest opinion is as follows.

For me, Danny got the starting 11 wrong and I thought this before a ball was kicked. I presume Rowe is injured on the basis he didn’t come off the bench. But on sight of the team it did look very lightweight and inexperienced with ayoma chislett panayiotou and Santos. Bromley probably saw the teamsheet and could tell our tactics.

Eyoma when he actually dribbled at there left back had success but lost it every time
he turned inside. I wasn’t sure if that was a tactic or lack of confidence.

Onto the game I thought they timewasted from minute one and weren’t a great side.

I’m confident the highlights will show a clear push on Kinsella which allowed the ball to get to their centre half to score.

The header in first half should have been on target and their keeper made a good save from mullings.

Outside of those chances we just were a little slow and allowed them to get in shape and clear.

As for the referee and linesman. To allow the time wasting was disgraceful. The linesman called an offside direct from a goal kick which is incorrect.

Onto Halifax and hopefully Rowe and shields will return to the starting line up.
We’ve lost games with Rowe and Shields in the team as well. I think you can shuffle this pack as much as you want but fear the result will be the same. Lots of effort but ultimately I’m really worried that overall we’re just too lightweight and inexperienced for this level. Really hope I’m wrong.

Pip@B

Post by Pip@B » Tue Aug 13, 2019 11:11 pm

:-(

Oliver11

Post by Oliver11 » Tue Aug 13, 2019 11:15 pm

Well tonight was an important game to tip the balance one way or the other for some, sadly it was our worst performance from the opening four games.

The starting midfield line up (too lightweight) added with only one recognised striker upfront set alarm bells ringing.

It's clear scoring this season is going to be an issue and the current attacking system isn't bringing the outcome we need.

IMO Mullings has much more to offer than he's showing and Danny needs to think how to change this around. I don't think he's getting much service but equally he's too busy scrapping for the ball and not getting the other side of the defenders along with poor link up play.

All night Bromley had every player behind the ball when they lost possession and overall was too easy for them - similar to us against Woking last week.

Athough we performed better 2nd half we still didn't offer enough imagination and willingness to break the lines and create chances. Emoya was the only bright spark that looked capable of beating his man and producing anything.

The defence are doing a solid job (take out the set plays) and wouldn't mind letting them get on with it and let the midfield pushing forward more often to support the forwards.

Still definitely in the Searle In camp Anon and confident he won't go 21 games without a win like his predecessor.

Old Bob

Post by Old Bob » Tue Aug 13, 2019 11:16 pm

JOELC26 wrote:
The linesman called an offside direct from a goal kick which is incorrect.
No, it wasn't a goal kick, it was a free kick. The big ugly Bromley No.5 (Okoye) threw himself backwards onto Tinkler looking for a penalty. Like the rest of the Bromley players, he was a serial cheat, looking to con a very poor referee. The referee showed how weak he was by only giving a free kick; he should additionally have booked the cheat for cheating.

Did I mention that Bromley were a team of cheats?

redblueuptoyou

Post by redblueuptoyou » Tue Aug 13, 2019 11:46 pm

What a frustrating night. Did Mitch even have a save to make?

As soon as Bromley went 1 up, you knew what would happen. We just need to start attacking from the off and Mullings needs a buddy up there.

Not sure why our keeper coach was sent off (dissent) yet their player ‘dropping’ the ball from a throw-in and launching it towards the corner flag was fine?

As silly as Danny was for his booking, it was so refreshing to actually see some passion on the touchline!

80fc

Post by 80fc » Tue Aug 13, 2019 11:55 pm

Mytshot wrote:
Tue Aug 13, 2019 11:09 pm
JOELC26 wrote:
I have calmed down now I have got home by my honest opinion is as follows.

For me, Danny got the starting 11 wrong and I thought this before a ball was kicked. I presume Rowe is injured on the basis he didn’t come off the bench. But on sight of the team it did look very lightweight and inexperienced with ayoma chislett panayiotou and Santos. Bromley probably saw the teamsheet and could tell our tactics.

Eyoma when he actually dribbled at there left back had success but lost it every time
he turned inside. I wasn’t sure if that was a tactic or lack of confidence.

Onto the game I thought they timewasted from minute one and weren’t a great side.

I’m confident the highlights will show a clear push on Kinsella which allowed the ball to get to their centre half to score.

The header in first half should have been on target and their keeper made a good save from mullings.

Outside of those chances we just were a little slow and allowed them to get in shape and clear.

As for the referee and linesman. To allow the time wasting was disgraceful. The linesman called an offside direct from a goal kick which is incorrect.

Onto Halifax and hopefully Rowe and shields will return to the starting line up.
We’ve lost games with Rowe and Shields in the team as well. I think you can shuffle this pack as much as you want but fear the result will be the same. Lots of effort but ultimately I’m really worried that overall we’re just too lightweight and inexperienced for this level. Really hope I’m wrong.
You're right

ShotsPayne

Post by ShotsPayne » Wed Aug 14, 2019 12:11 am

Definitely one of the more ingenious time-wasting tactics I've ever seen tonight: get a throw-in and then throw the ball miles off the pitch so you get to take it again. After the guy got away with kicking the ball away in the first half you knew the time-wasting was going to keep coming.

For me I've seen enough fight from Danny and the boys to earn my trust, especially from Mullins who chases absolutely everything and has a very good touch in some thankless positions. We should continue to get behind them and definitely know better than to wish away personnel like Danny who seem to care deeply about the cause. If they get booked on the touchline then good: they care.

AberdeenShots

Post by AberdeenShots » Wed Aug 14, 2019 12:52 am

Frustrating and niggly.

Looked light up front and Harry P’s first half header was a poor miss. Had decent pressure in the 2nd half and looked a bit more confident. A draw would have been fair. Porter for them annoyed me. One of those people you can just tell struggled at school.

The ref was made a mug of with the time wasting which started as early as the first half. Adding +1 and +4 minutes confirmed his mug status. It needed +3 and +8 and by doing that he would have salvaged his authority and changed his performance from poor to average.

Too early for snap judgements. Tonight was a defeat we didn’t expect and cancels out the victory we didn’t expect a week ago.

Desertshot

Post by Desertshot » Wed Aug 14, 2019 1:44 am

margateshot wrote:
Tue Aug 13, 2019 9:48 pm
We have had a striker problem for 3 years now. We need to spend money on a proper established striker if we are going to progress in this league.
This....we desperately need a good quality striker. We would have managed at least point tonight had we taken our chances. Find one we'll be fine, if not.....well it'll be like last season. I'm sure the BOD now this....we'll see what happens.

Desertshot

Post by Desertshot » Wed Aug 14, 2019 1:48 am

AberdeenShots wrote:
Wed Aug 14, 2019 12:52 am
Frustrating and niggly.

Looked light up front and Harry P’s first half header was a poor miss. Had decent pressure in the 2nd half and looked a bit more confident. A draw would have been fair. Porter for them annoyed me. One of those people you can just tell struggled at school.

The ref was made a mug of with the time wasting which started as early as the first half. Adding +1 and +4 minutes confirmed his mug status. It needed +3 and +8 and by doing that he would have salvaged his authority and changed his performance from poor to average.

Too early for snap judgements. Tonight was a defeat we didn’t expect and cancels out the victory we didn’t expect a week ago.
Yup ref was a very week man...bit of a cuck really.....couldn't stand up to the big boys...bit of a sad little man!!! But who would be a ref, **** job, **** pay and lots a abuse.

Jimbob

Post by Jimbob » Wed Aug 14, 2019 7:23 am

Well that was pants. Never have I seen such a disgraceful refereeing performance in all my life and I hope to never see one like that again.

Hard to judge the players on that basis, there was a lot of huffing and puffing but not much end product. Finney is exceptional and a completely different player to last year but could really do with O'Dwyer next to him. Fowler doesn't quite look right but we all know what a good player he can be.

Would be great to see a midfield 3 of Rowe, Chislett and Rance. All look like great players with different strengths, Alfie Whittingham looks like a great find too.

Birdman

Post by Birdman » Wed Aug 14, 2019 8:04 am

Old Bob wrote:
Tue Aug 13, 2019 11:16 pm
JOELC26 wrote:
The linesman called an offside direct from a goal kick which is incorrect.
No, it wasn't a goal kick, it was a free kick. The big ugly Bromley No.5 (Okoye) threw himself backwards onto Tinkler looking for a penalty. Like the rest of the Bromley players, he was a serial cheat, looking to con a very poor referee. The referee showed how weak he was by only giving a free kick; he should additionally have booked the cheat for cheating.

Did I mention that Bromley were a team of cheats?
That also caught ‘a few’ supporters out around me as well. That the free kick appeared (from the other end of the ground) to be in the six yard box may have added to the goal kick/free kick confusion. Also if I recall correctly, there was a slight delay between the free kick being given and it being taken which may have also added to the situation.

Alf W

Post by Alf W » Wed Aug 14, 2019 8:08 am

Bromley, almost as soon as they scored their goal, put on a performance aka Barrow from a few seasons ago. From their goalkeeper to every outfield player, they employed every time wasting tactic known but due to a totally incompetent Refereeing performance, they got a way with it.

I thought we looked very lightweight up front and in midfield but Mullings could not have tried harder. If we are to stay up we need to somehow find someone to support Mullings who can score goals.

Bromley certainly got away with it last night and we had the clear chances to have at least taken a point.

Dom Sterlings Left Leg

Post by Dom Sterlings Left Leg » Wed Aug 14, 2019 8:43 am

Dissapointing night against another very limited side. Very reminiscent of last season, just with more passion shown, where we had good spells but never looked like scoring.

Not solving this problem will be our downfall again.

If the opposing side get a goal we are very easy to play against. Last night in the second half every time we crossed the half way line Bromley left one man up front and got everyone behind the ball and just played the game out knowing we were unlikely to have enough fire power to score.

This issue has to be dealt with fast.

Anon E Mouse

Post by Anon E Mouse » Wed Aug 14, 2019 9:28 am

Oliver11 wrote:
Tue Aug 13, 2019 11:15 pm
Well tonight was an important game to tip the balance one way or the other for some, sadly it was our worst performance from the opening four games.

The starting midfield line up (too lightweight) added with only one recognised striker upfront set alarm bells ringing.

It's clear scoring this season is going to be an issue and the current attacking system isn't bringing the outcome we need.

IMO Mullings has much more to offer than he's showing and Danny needs to think how to change this around. I don't think he's getting much service but equally he's too busy scrapping for the ball and not getting the other side of the defenders along with poor link up play.

All night Bromley had every player behind the ball when they lost possession and overall was too easy for them - similar to us against Woking last week.

Athough we performed better 2nd half we still didn't offer enough imagination and willingness to break the lines and create chances. Emoya was the only bright spark that looked capable of beating his man and producing anything.

The defence are doing a solid job (take out the set plays) and wouldn't mind letting them get on with it and let the midfield pushing forward more often to support the forwards.

Still definitely in the Searle In camp Anon and confident he won't go 21 games without a win like his predecessor.
Let’s see how long you support him ? Probably
Longer now i’ve made a point of it which is a good thing.

Danny even said ‘It is what it is’ for the second time during his post match interviews. I know how
Much you like that.
More acceptable for Danny to say it ?