Fans Forum 5th September 2019

brian bloomfield
Fans Forum 5th September 2019

Post by brian bloomfield » Thu Aug 29, 2019 9:38 am

Although able to get to 12 home and away games before Xmas travelling from Barcelona, I like others, either living overseas, or too far away in the UK to travel will miss the Fans Forum
Could therefore as an inclusive exercise the club stream live or video the events so that the connection we all need with the club is held together much stronger
If there is a cost to this, I am happy to pay for.

WTF
Re: Fans Forum 5th September 2019

Post by WTF » Thu Aug 29, 2019 5:30 pm

brian bloomfield wrote:
Thu Aug 29, 2019 9:38 am
Although able to get to 12 home and away games before Xmas travelling from Barcelona, I like others, either living overseas, or too far away in the UK to travel will miss the Fans Forum
Could therefore as an inclusive exercise the club stream live or video the events so that the connection we all need with the club is held together much stronger
If there is a cost to this, I am happy to pay for.
Thats an excellent idea Brian!

TopShot

Post by TopShot » Thu Aug 29, 2019 8:43 pm

I agree, a great idea either that or someone to record it all and write down all of the questions and answers on here and the Facebook page so everyone knows what is going on

lanternhall

Post by lanternhall » Fri Aug 30, 2019 2:00 am

Why? It is a waste of time? P.R. exercise.

No action will be taken by any suggestions supporters make.

Hopefully the one microphone available will work.

Yes I am talking about the club as if it was a joke.

It is a joke.

Shot By Both Sides

Post by Shot By Both Sides » Fri Aug 30, 2019 4:49 am

For those of us living a fair distance away, why not have a fans forum pre-match or post-match so that you could do both in one trip.

ACA

Post by ACA » Fri Aug 30, 2019 9:06 am

lanternhall wrote:
Fri Aug 30, 2019 2:00 am
Damned if they do, damned if they don't.

You've been bellyaching about the club not communicating with the fans, but when they do it's a "PR exercise". So in essence, your complaining that the club don't tell you anything - but when they do, it doesn't matter because you won't believe it anyway. Why does it make a difference to you, if that's the case? Surely you would feel that way about any statement on behalf of the club, be it at a forum, on the website or in the programme notes?

And no, I'm not telling people not to criticise the club. I can understand people complaining about a lack of information if they are actually prepared to consider club statements (etc) with an open mind. But to dismiss genuine attempts to engage with the fans on the basis that "they only tell us what they want us to hear" (or similar) suggests you aren't actually that interested in engagement. It's just another stick with which to beat the club.

Birdman

Post by Birdman » Fri Aug 30, 2019 1:35 pm

lanternhall wrote:

It is a joke.
In the tv adverts a Snickers always seems to help. Just saying. :wink:

Richard Petty

Post by Richard Petty » Fri Aug 30, 2019 2:33 pm

Birdman wrote:
Fri Aug 30, 2019 1:35 pm
lanternhall wrote:

It is a joke.
Still called a "Marathon" as far as I am concerned, stupid name "Snicker", to me a "Snicker" is that laugh that Muttley used to do in Wacky Races.

Birdman

Post by Birdman » Fri Aug 30, 2019 2:47 pm

Richard Petty wrote:
Fri Aug 30, 2019 2:33 pm
Birdman wrote:
Fri Aug 30, 2019 1:35 pm
lanternhall wrote:

It is a joke.
Still called a "Marathon" as far as I am concerned, stupid name "Snicker", to me a "Snicker" is that laugh that Muttley used to do in Wacky Races.
It gets a bit like Wacky Races on here sometimes.

Richard Petty

Post by Richard Petty » Fri Aug 30, 2019 2:57 pm

Yes where is Penelope Pitstop these days, used to be a regular poster

Galaxy17

Post by Galaxy17 » Fri Aug 30, 2019 4:57 pm

Damned if they do, damned if they don't.

You've been bellyaching about the club not communicating with the fans, but when they do it's a "PR exercise". So in essence, your complaining that the club don't tell you anything - but when they do, it doesn't matter because you won't believe it anyway. Why does it make a difference to you, if that's the case? Surely you would feel that way about any statement on behalf of the club, be it at a forum, on the website or in the programme notes?

And no, I'm not telling people not to criticise the club. I can understand people complaining about a lack of information if they are actually prepared to consider club statements (etc) with an open mind. But to dismiss genuine attempts to engage with the fans on the basis that "they only tell us what they want us to hear" (or similar) suggests you aren't actually that interested in engagement. It's just another stick with which to beat the club.
[/quote]

Here! Here! I agree well spoken

Charles Dickens

Post by Charles Dickens » Fri Aug 30, 2019 8:12 pm

The few meetings I have attended have not been great. The blow hards tend to dominate the proceedings and the same old questions are asked all the time(with the same tired answers). I now prefer to spend my spare time watching games with the occasional comments on this website where the debate is more interesting (yes it is).

Birdman

Post by Birdman » Fri Aug 30, 2019 8:25 pm

Charles Dickens wrote:
Fri Aug 30, 2019 8:12 pm
The few meetings I have attended have not been great. The blow hards tend to dominate the proceedings and the same old questions are asked all the time(with the same tired answers). I now prefer to spend my spare time watching games with the occasional comments on this website where the debate is more interesting (yes it is).
Then instead of being ‘dominated’ stand up and ask quite firmly of whoever’s overseeing the event to take questions from others (including yourself). If it’s the same individuals hogging the floor then say so. Don’t be overawed. Also, challenge “the same tired answers”. Come in with prepared questions (including any to pre-empt “the same tired answers”). Don’t just turn up and ask questions ‘off the cuff’, put some effort in and come prepared.
The forum will only be as good (or bad) as the attendees let it.

GWRBA

Post by GWRBA » Fri Aug 30, 2019 9:24 pm

Birdman wrote:
Fri Aug 30, 2019 8:25 pm
Exactly. If we keep getting questions about 4-4-2, why we always play down one side, changing the club's name or 'why don't we buy a striker', we can't blame the top table for giving answers as bad as the questions. The last one was actually OK, because there was a lot to talk about - and hopefully the same will be true next week.

Quietobserver

Post by Quietobserver » Sat Aug 31, 2019 6:31 am

Birdman wrote:
Fri Aug 30, 2019 8:25 pm
Charles Dickens wrote:
Fri Aug 30, 2019 8:12 pm
Then instead of being ‘dominated’ stand up and ask quite firmly of whoever’s overseeing the event to take questions from others (including yourself). If it’s the same individuals hogging the floor then say so. Don’t be overawed. Also, challenge “the same tired answers”. Come in with prepared questions (including any to pre-empt “the same tired answers). Don’t just turn up and ask questions ‘off the cuff’, put some effort in and come prepared.
Surely that should be the job of whoever is overseeing the event to do.