Re: Fans Forum 5th September 2019

Post by TopShot » Fri Sep 06, 2019 12:02 pm

FloridaPhil wrote:
Fri Sep 06, 2019 11:55 am
TopShot wrote:
Fri Sep 06, 2019 11:52 am
FloridaPhil wrote:
Fri Sep 06, 2019 11:49 am
Yes, I did. It was aggressive. You even say that the question was interesting. As the fan clarified, his question wasn't meant to undermine Shahid - it was a genuine enquiry. Shahid doesn't seem to like anything being questioned - does what the fan asked come under the banner of "do we need to know?"!
I have edited my comment above regarding this since reading posts this morning.
I stand by my description! Anyway, it seems that the chairman can be rude to fans, so I'm not going to get drawn into a debate where I will be vilified for questioning anything.
That's fine you are very welcome to your opinion.

Wokingham Shot

Post by Wokingham Shot » Fri Sep 06, 2019 12:15 pm

I wasn't there, so cannot comment, but you need to remember the following.

There is a section of the fan base (the size I have no idea) that does not trust the Board in general, nor the Azheem personally. I am fairly confident in my view that Azheem will know this.

Now as I used to say to employees, I may be a director/board member, but I am also a human. And whilst there are some people who claim to be made of stone, I suspect Azheem is not one of them. It is only human nature to be guarded/irritated/frustrated/annoyed/add your own word when you know there are people out there that feel this way about you and what you are doing, whether justified or not.

Yes, it costs nothing to be polite, and I am sure we all try to be polite 100% of the time. And I am sure we all fail.

Josh

Post by Josh » Fri Sep 06, 2019 12:44 pm

Were any questions, which were emailed in, read out?

Birdman

Post by Birdman » Fri Sep 06, 2019 12:47 pm

FloridaPhil wrote:
TopShot wrote:
FloridaPhil wrote:
Fri Sep 06, 2019 11:49 am
Yes, I did. It was aggressive. You even say that the question was interesting. As the fan clarified, his question wasn't meant to undermine Shahid - it was a genuine enquiry. Shahid doesn't seem to like anything being questioned - does what the fan asked come under the banner of "do we need to know?"!
I stand by my description! Anyway, it seems that the chairman can be rude to fans, so I'm not going to get drawn into a debate where I will be vilified for questioning anything.
Was he rude and/or aggressive? Not in my opinion, just firm in his reply.
If I recall correctly, the gentleman who asked the questions said that he’d emailed his questions in just in case he couldn’t get to the forum but as he’d arrived in time he’d ask his questions direct.

Birdman

Post by Birdman » Fri Sep 06, 2019 12:50 pm

Josh wrote:
Fri Sep 06, 2019 12:44 pm
Were any questions, which were emailed in, read out?
There were two that were read out. I don’t remember one but the other re ‘playing on Friday nights’ received a very resounding ‘NO!’ from the attendees as soon as it was read out. DS wasn’t too keen either.

shotshammo

Post by shotshammo » Fri Sep 06, 2019 1:25 pm

The moral gained from the above topic. If you can't swim find out the depth of the water before you jump in.

lanternhall

Post by lanternhall » Fri Sep 06, 2019 2:42 pm

shotshammo wrote:
Fri Sep 06, 2019 9:43 am
Intentionally, a personal discussion that should have been brought up privately, in my opinion.
Why? It is a fans forum and a legitimate question.

Chris Myles

Post by Chris Myles » Fri Sep 06, 2019 3:51 pm

Birdman wrote:
Fri Sep 06, 2019 12:47 pm
FloridaPhil wrote:
TopShot wrote:

Was he rude and/or aggressive? Not in my opinion, just firm in his reply.
If I recall correctly, the gentleman who asked the questions said that he’d emailed his questions in just in case he couldn’t get to the forum but as he’d arrived in time he’d ask his questions direct.
As I am the person who asked the question about a company called Love of the Game Ltd I would like to offer the following account of my actions.

Did I think Shahid was aggressive with his response, no. I can assure you if I had thought he was I would have responded accordingly.

How this all came about I was interested to find out when the new Lease was to be issued and to who. Using Goggle, it showed a company called Love of the Game Ltd, a company owned by Shahid replacing Aldershot Town Football Club. As I have never heard of this company I emailed the head of RBC who just happens to be my ward councillor. I asked when was the lease to be issued and to who, he declined to answer stating that negotiations are still continuing with the Football club.

I emailed a copy of the emailed sent to David Clifford head of RBC to Bob Green as there was every possibility of me not attending the Forum as I had a previous engagement, soon after sending the emailed my engagement was cancelled and I was able to attend the Forum and ask the question direct.
Was I attempting to undermine Shahid, by contacting RBC direct, no that was never my intention. But I must admit I was surprised that the questions asked did touch a raw nerve with Shahid.

There are times in life when you are in a position of responsibility you are asked questions you don’t like or think are too personal, been there myself. Answer the questions and get on with life.

Redshot66

Post by Redshot66 » Fri Sep 06, 2019 4:09 pm

I was under the impression the lease had been signed and sealed

Shots1954

Post by Shots1954 » Fri Sep 06, 2019 4:17 pm

Richard Petty wrote:
Fri Sep 06, 2019 11:02 am
FloridaPhil wrote:
Fri Sep 06, 2019 10:44 am
Shots1954 wrote:
Fri Sep 06, 2019 10:41 am

I think you are missing Florida Phil's point. He was commenting on a question about Love Of The Game and our club. I have no idea who they or it is so it has to be out in the open in my opinion.
Exactly Shots1954.

The fan who asked the question seemed to be concerned that Love of the Game might be involved (which, apparently, they're not).
There is no mystery regarding Love of the game, it was all very openly discussed years ago when it was relevant.

Love of the game was an already existing company used as a vehicle for taking the football club out of administration back in August 2013. Within a very short time (I seem to recall just a few months) a new company was created Aldershot Town Football Club Limited. The two companies then swapped their names over so that we are now Aldershot Town Football Club Limited.

Love of the game is now and has been since then a dormant company and has no connection to the football club
If the Love of the Game is dormant as you say how come the Council minuted that name as the company taking the lease? Mistake or otherwise, apparently we are led to believe it's been dormant since 2013 so would have no bearing on the current lease negotiations? I just don't get it that it was minuted some 6 years later by the Council.

Am I missing something?

Birdman

Post by Birdman » Fri Sep 06, 2019 4:50 pm

Redshot66 wrote:
Fri Sep 06, 2019 4:09 pm
I was under the impression the lease had been signed and sealed
This has been asked and answered on a previous thread but the gist of it is that the lease has been agreed by the council and will be activated once the detailed plans have been approved by them.

Birdman

Post by Birdman » Fri Sep 06, 2019 4:54 pm

Shots1954 wrote:
Fri Sep 06, 2019 4:17 pm
Richard Petty wrote:
FloridaPhil wrote:
Fri Sep 06, 2019 10:44 am
Exactly Shots1954.

The fan who asked the question seemed to be concerned that Love of the Game might be involved (which, apparently, they're not).
There is no mystery regarding Love of the game, it was all very openly discussed years ago when it was relevant.

Love of the game was an already existing company used as a vehicle for taking the football club out of administration back in August 2013. Within a very short time (I seem to recall just a few months) a new company was created Aldershot Town Football Club Limited. The two companies then swapped their names over so that we are now Aldershot Town Football Club Limited.

Love of the game is now and has been since then a dormant company and has no connection to the football club
If the Love of the Game is dormant as you say how come the Council minuted that name as the company taking the lease? Mistake or otherwise, apparently we are led to believe it's been dormant since 2013 so would have no bearing on the current lease negotiations? I just don't get it that it was minuted some 6 years later by the Council.

Am I missing something?
Read Richard Petty's comment on p4 posted at 11:43 am. It clarifies things.

ACA

Post by ACA » Fri Sep 06, 2019 4:55 pm

Shots1954 wrote:

Am I missing something?
Yes - Richard's post from 11.43am:

Yes it will have been a mistake but an easy one to make as the existing lease was signed back in August 2013 as Love of the game, swapping the names over later in the year hasn't required a change of lease as Aldershot Town Football Club Limited is still the same company that signed the lease. To put in simple terms Its the company registration number that is important as that is the legal identification of a business regardless of its name. Councillors discussing the lease at the more recent council meeting will probably have no knowledge of the business background to the club so will have simply quoted from the existing paperwork.

EDIT - too quick off the mark for me, Birdy.

Birdman

Post by Birdman » Fri Sep 06, 2019 4:57 pm

ACA wrote:
Fri Sep 06, 2019 4:55 pm
Shots1954 wrote:

Am I missing something?
Yes - Richard's post from 11.43am:

Yes it will have been a mistake but an easy one to make as the existing lease was signed back in August 2013 as Love of the game, swapping the names over later in the year hasn't required a change of lease as Aldershot Town Football Club Limited is still the same company that signed the lease. To put in simple terms Its the company registration number that is important as that is the legal identification of a business regardless of its name. Councillors discussing the lease at the more recent council meeting will probably have no knowledge of the business background to the club so will have simply quoted from the existing paperwork.

EDIT - too quick off the mark for me, Birdy.
yeah but, yours looks more profeshunal. :D

Shots1954

Post by Shots1954 » Fri Sep 06, 2019 6:23 pm

Birdman wrote:
Fri Sep 06, 2019 4:54 pm
Shots1954 wrote:
Richard Petty wrote:

Am I missing something?
Read Richard Petty's comment on p4 posted at 11:43 am. It clarifies things.
Does it? I'm not sure it does, sorry.