Kevin Bond

Post Reply
80fc
Posts: 118
Joined: Thu May 17, 2007 12:20 pm
Kevin Bond

Post by 80fc » Fri Sep 06, 2019 11:39 pm

Resigned as manager of Southend, no word on Gary though

Anon E Mouse
Posts: 929
Joined: Mon Jan 15, 2007 1:29 pm
Re: Kevin Bond

Post by Anon E Mouse » Fri Sep 06, 2019 11:43 pm

80fc wrote:
Fri Sep 06, 2019 11:39 pm
Resigned as manager of Southend, no word on Gary though
Caretaker or new manager ?
They can’t do any worse.

Hope it works out for Gary one way or another.

AberdeenShots
Posts: 107
Joined: Tue Jan 08, 2013 1:25 pm
Re: Kevin Bond

Post by AberdeenShots » Sat Sep 07, 2019 5:28 am

Oh the pelters I took for suggesting Gary would be snapped up by a League 1 or 2 club.

Not there yet; and hardly snapped up; but I’ll claim
It.

RIP Bobby Mugabe. Scotland remembers.

bordon shot
Posts: 130
Joined: Wed Jan 10, 2007 9:13 pm
Re: Kevin Bond

Post by bordon shot » Sat Sep 07, 2019 10:25 am

AberdeenShots wrote:
Sat Sep 07, 2019 5:28 am

RIP Bobby Mugabe. Scotland remembers.
Ruined a country by greed & corruption, when he had the golden opportunity to make Zimbabwe great...Rot in hell as far as I am concerned.

Lazio
Posts: 305
Joined: Tue Jun 21, 2011 12:42 pm
Re: Kevin Bond

Post by Lazio » Sat Sep 07, 2019 10:48 am

80fc wrote:
Fri Sep 06, 2019 11:39 pm
Resigned as manager of Southend, no word on Gary though
Not listed as a possible successor on shortlist of 5.

Nth stand moaner
Posts: 71
Joined: Sat Mar 09, 2019 3:44 pm
Re: Kevin Bond

Post by Nth stand moaner » Sat Sep 07, 2019 11:25 am

Who? Mugabe or waddock? I doubt many white Rhodesians or the government(?) opposition there will be mourning. Whatever good he may have done, Mugabe oversaw the country's economic meltdown with inflation on a par with the end of nazi Germany . IE millions needed to just buy a loaf of bread. He donated huge farms ,employing lots of Zimbabweans, hugely profitable, to landless farmers. In small individual plots. No compensation for the original owners. Subsequently the huge farms, earning taxes, were reduced to a load of allotments. Any political opposition was crushed , Putin style. Mugabe raped the economy, refused to give up power for decades. He's overseen food shortages, and an HIV crisis. One man's freedom fighter is another man's terrorist. But for sure, Mugabe didn't exactly do well for his country.

Lazio
Posts: 305
Joined: Tue Jun 21, 2011 12:42 pm
Re: Kevin Bond

Post by Lazio » Sat Sep 07, 2019 11:36 am

Worst thing he (Mugabe) did was drive out the professional and educated classes. I know many Zimbabweans who are teachers nurses etc and the stories they tell me are horrific. The same will happen in this country if Corbyn and Co get into power.

Nth stand moaner
Posts: 71
Joined: Sat Mar 09, 2019 3:44 pm
Re: Kevin Bond

Post by Nth stand moaner » Sat Sep 07, 2019 11:54 am

Well said, big up all brexiteers.

hepcat
Posts: 110
Joined: Wed Feb 27, 2013 4:50 pm
Re: Kevin Bond

Post by hepcat » Sat Sep 07, 2019 1:24 pm

AberdeenShots wrote:
Sat Sep 07, 2019 5:28 am
Oh the pelters I took for suggesting Gary would be snapped up by a League 1 or 2 club.

Not there yet; and hardly snapped up; but I’ll claim
It.

RIP Bobby Mugabe. Scotland remembers.
Aren't you getting him mixed up with Idi Amin who proclaimed himself as the king of Scotland ? Mugabe's achievements ; he made the Smith apartheid era seem like a golden age of prosperity and social harmony for Black people ; he turned the bread basket of Africa into a famine zone and inspired the joke "What did Zimbabweans use for light before they had candles ? Electricity !!

Disturbed Postie
Posts: 1373
Joined: Sat Mar 12, 2016 8:42 pm
Re: Kevin Bond

Post by Disturbed Postie » Sat Sep 07, 2019 2:22 pm

bordon shot wrote:
Sat Sep 07, 2019 10:25 am
AberdeenShots wrote:
Sat Sep 07, 2019 5:28 am

RIP Bobby Mugabe. Scotland remembers.
Ruined a country by greed & corruption, when he had the golden opportunity to make Zimbabwe great...Rot in hell as far as I am concerned.
Um, MR mugabe, now I must admit my knowledge of politics has lessened a wee bit in recent times but I always had the impression that he wasn’t a very nice bloke, in fact I’d say he made MR sutcliffe and his predecessor uncle jack look like 6 week old puppy 🐶 dogs 🐕

Quietobserver
Posts: 96
Joined: Tue Aug 28, 2018 8:18 pm
Re: Kevin Bond

Post by Quietobserver » Sat Sep 07, 2019 3:06 pm

Lazio wrote:
Sat Sep 07, 2019 11:36 am
Worst thing he (Mugabe) did was drive out the professional and educated classes. I know many Zimbabweans who are teachers nurses etc and the stories they tell me are horrific. The same will happen in this country if Corbyn and Co get into power.
Don't talk nonsense.

Lazio
Posts: 305
Joined: Tue Jun 21, 2011 12:42 pm
Re: Kevin Bond

Post by Lazio » Sat Sep 07, 2019 3:29 pm

Quietobserver wrote:
Sat Sep 07, 2019 3:06 pm
Lazio wrote:
Sat Sep 07, 2019 11:36 am
Worst thing he (Mugabe) did was drive out the professional and educated classes. I know many Zimbabweans who are teachers nurses etc and the stories they tell me are horrific. The same will happen in this country if Corbyn and Co get into power.
Don't talk nonsense.
Are you saying Mugabe didn't drive out the educated and destroy the economy?

Quietobserver
Posts: 96
Joined: Tue Aug 28, 2018 8:18 pm
Re: Kevin Bond

Post by Quietobserver » Sat Sep 07, 2019 3:33 pm

Lazio wrote:
Sat Sep 07, 2019 3:29 pm
Quietobserver wrote:
Sat Sep 07, 2019 3:06 pm
Lazio wrote:
Sat Sep 07, 2019 11:36 am
Worst thing he (Mugabe) did was drive out the professional and educated classes. I know many Zimbabweans who are teachers nurses etc and the stories they tell me are horrific. The same will happen in this country if Corbyn and Co get into power.
Don't talk nonsense.
Are you saying Mugabe didn't drive out the educated and destroy the economy?
No. I'm saying to compare Mugabe to Corbyn is pure idiocy.

Lazio
Posts: 305
Joined: Tue Jun 21, 2011 12:42 pm
Re: Kevin Bond

Post by Lazio » Sat Sep 07, 2019 3:47 pm

Mugabe ruined the economy with mad policies Corbyn wants to do the same.
Mugabe liked terrorists Corbyn likes terrorists.
Mugabe had Zanu PF Corbyn has Momentum.

Alfie
Posts: 5
Joined: Wed Jan 17, 2007 1:55 pm
Location: Mytchett
Re: Kevin Bond

Post by Alfie » Sat Sep 07, 2019 3:48 pm

Can't be much going on on the football pitch.


Post Reply