Match Day Thread vs BARROW

MikeO
Re: Match Day Thread vs BARROW

Post by MikeO » Sat Sep 07, 2019 11:26 pm

I share Doctor Jim's assesment. The BOD are culpable. When will they wake up to the harsh realities of football that the most important thing is what happens on the green stuff! Stadium redevelopment is only papering over the cracks of the fundamental issue of a club in severe decline.

shotsboy66

Post by shotsboy66 » Sat Sep 07, 2019 11:40 pm

SW Shot wrote:
Sat Sep 07, 2019 11:11 pm
I really believe that last season’s reprieve is one of the worst things that could have happened to this football club.
After last season, we needed to get a feel-good factor back at the club - quite simply, people will pay money to watch a winning team. We needed to be a big fish in a small pond, put together some momentum - you only have to look at the starts that both Woking and Torquay have made this season. But as it stands, we’ve appointed a cheap manager, a cheap squad and quite simply we’re paying the price for that. I suspect we’ll only see 2 more 2,000+ crowds this season - Notts County & Woking - and that’ll kill this club.
I don’t know what the answer is right now, but I can’t see anything but relegation this season.
Can`t argue with the points you make SW - bottom line is that since the Macc Town home game in Feb 18, the record at home is P36 W11 D10 L15. Of those wins how many have enthralled?

I agree that Notts County & Woking will be the only fixtures that will get 2,000+. The lack of excitement dulls, but more importantly fans have lost faith (me included) in the way the club has stagnated. It saddens me to say it - but I fear apathy will eventually kill the club. Sad times.

Chobham Shot

Post by Chobham Shot » Sat Sep 07, 2019 11:51 pm

I would hope/expect Chesterfield and Stockport would also see 2000+ but agree with the general consensus. Worrying times I feel.

redblueuptoyou

Post by redblueuptoyou » Sun Sep 08, 2019 12:00 am

Re: the comment about Danny not knowing the best agents. Maybe it’s the opposite and he fell for their sales pitches regarding some of our players?

In the past, we (well, GW?) took pride in avoiding them. Wasn’t Danny tweeting them after making some signings this summer?

Shots91

Post by Shots91 » Sun Sep 08, 2019 1:23 am

Need to drop mullings after that off the ball punch he gave the Barrow player. Would of been a straight red and a long suspension if the ref caught it.

Shame the national league highlights cameras caught it, really nice to show everyone out there what sort of player we've got 😑

I'm all for we need to toughen up and be more phyaical, but that was just plain fu*king stupid.

Needs benching next game, give the new striker a start. We've got nothing to lose and see what happens. No point leaving him to sit most games on the bench in the little time he is here with us!

AberdeenShots

Post by AberdeenShots » Sun Sep 08, 2019 7:40 am

Disagree with most of what’s been written.

A squad of strangers need time to gel and performances like Torquay and Barrow are inevitable.

Jumping on a new manager’s back in early September is a poor show.

Les Briley

Post by Les Briley » Sun Sep 08, 2019 7:54 am

AberdeenShots wrote:
Sun Sep 08, 2019 7:40 am

A squad of strangers need time to gel and performances like Torquay and Barrow are inevitable.

Believe me Steve, that awful performance yesterday was worse than Torquay, only one way this team is going...

Anon E Mouse

Post by Anon E Mouse » Sun Sep 08, 2019 8:43 am

Shot By Both Sides wrote:
Sat Sep 07, 2019 10:38 pm
Report with photos, our goal and that penalty miss (for those brave enough to want to relive it)...

https://calling-the-shots.com/2019/09/0 ... yet-again/
Enjoy these reports.
Did Shields get scythed down from the penalty rebound just as he was about to tap in ??

I think we were all so fed up he missed we sort of brushed over that.

Alex

Post by Alex » Sun Sep 08, 2019 8:47 am

Shots91 wrote:
Sun Sep 08, 2019 1:23 am
Need to drop mullings after that off the ball punch he gave the Barrow player. Would of been a straight red and a long suspension if the ref caught it.

Shame the national league highlights cameras caught it, really nice to show everyone out there what sort of player we've got 😑

I'm all for we need to toughen up and be more phyaical, but that was just plain fu*king stupid.

Needs benching next game, give the new striker a start. We've got nothing to lose and see what happens. No point leaving him to sit most games on the bench in the little time he is here with us!
I watched the highlights too. Don’t think it was a full on ‘punch’. Looked more like a swinging arm then slap. If I was a ref and had seen that I’d give Mullings a yellow but also have a word with the softie that went to ground easily!

Agree re dropping Shamir though. From minute 1 yesterday he didn’t look bothered/interested and should’ve been subbed at HT. Fletcher should start up at Stockport.
AberdeenShots wrote:
Sun Sep 08, 2019 7:40 am

I agree a new group of players needs time to gel and we should be giving the manager more time.

However, it seems some of our players are not capable of doing the basics at NL level and that is ridiculous!

Will be just typical of us to go up there next Saturday, play great and win 2 or 3-0.

Alex

Post by Alex » Sun Sep 08, 2019 8:49 am

Anon E Mouse wrote:
Sun Sep 08, 2019 8:43 am
Report with photos, our goal and that penalty miss (for those brave enough to want to relive it)...

Enjoy these reports.
Did Shields get scythed down from the penalty rebound just as he was about to tap in ??

From where I was standing (behind the Eastbank goal a few steps back) it looked like a very good tackle to prevent him scoring the rebound.

redblueuptoyou

Post by redblueuptoyou » Sun Sep 08, 2019 9:06 am

Alex wrote:
Sun Sep 08, 2019 8:49 am
Anon E Mouse wrote:

Enjoy these reports.

From where I was standing (behind the Eastbank goal a few steps back) it looked like a very good tackle to prevent him scoring the rebound.
I posted a video from another fan on Twitter of the penalty. Brilliant defending.

Les Briley

Post by Les Briley » Sun Sep 08, 2019 9:15 am

redblueuptoyou wrote:
Sun Sep 08, 2019 9:06 am
Alex wrote:
Sun Sep 08, 2019 8:49 am
Anon E Mouse wrote:

Enjoy these reports.

I posted a video from another fan on Twitter of the penalty. Brilliant defending.
Shields should have scored before the defender got anywhere near him..

CH

Post by CH » Sun Sep 08, 2019 10:15 am

So Danny thought Barrow were "the probably the best footballing side we've seen this season"...

I certainly didnt

shotshammo

Post by shotshammo » Sun Sep 08, 2019 10:16 am

For 35 minutes of the second half we never completed more than two passes of the ball. Don't ask me why I did this, but other than getting a running commentary on the cricket from a couple of people next to me, who had given up on the game, I was trying to do something that would keep me interested in the game. I think that's enough said . Call me old fashioned but isn't football all about teamwork.

Alex

Post by Alex » Sun Sep 08, 2019 10:24 am