Hartlepool v Woking

Disturbed Postie
Re: Hartlepool v Woking

Post by Disturbed Postie » Sat Sep 07, 2019 9:42 pm

They were crap against us

Richard Petty

Post by Richard Petty » Sat Sep 07, 2019 9:44 pm

Woking played well tonight and deserved a better result than a draw, they have earnt their place at the top and based on the teams we have played against so far and the ones I have watched on TV Woking look one of the better sides.

The big best thing that their manager has done is to stick with most of the squad that got promotion last season. Not only are they used to playing together which you can see when you watch them but they also have the mental attitude of being winners and that should never be underestimated.

Richard Petty

Post by Richard Petty » Sat Sep 07, 2019 9:47 pm

Disturbed Postie wrote:
Sat Sep 07, 2019 9:42 pm
Yes they were poor against us and based on how they have played in other games that's now quite surprising, however we also played probably our best game against them and its frustrating that we cant seem to perform like that again.

Disturbed Postie

Post by Disturbed Postie » Sat Sep 07, 2019 9:48 pm

Richard Petty wrote:
Sat Sep 07, 2019 9:47 pm
Disturbed Postie wrote:
Yes they were poor against us and based on how they have played in other games that's now quite surprising, however we also played probably our best game against them and its frustrating that we cant seem to perform like that again.
Yes that’s a fair point Richard

Chobham Shot

Post by Chobham Shot » Sat Sep 07, 2019 11:47 pm

aldershot-jg wrote:
Sat Sep 07, 2019 8:30 pm
Half time Hartlepool 1-0 Woking

Two poor decisions going against Woking so far, goal ruled out wrongly for offside and then a very harsh handball decision, giving away a penalty which Hartlepool scored.
Just seen the Hartlepool pen and it's a pen all day long. Although the defender turned his back, he did also raise his hands at head height. Can't understand the debate on that one.

But they were robbed with the disallowed goal. He's so far onside, you shouldn't even need VAR. Awful decision.

Anon E Mouse

Post by Anon E Mouse » Sat Sep 07, 2019 11:52 pm

Richard Petty wrote:
Disturbed Postie wrote:
I thought Woking outplayed us for 45 mins and it was a miracle we went in 0-1 up at Half Time. Second half we were much better and they were bang average. We saw it out.

Oliver11

Post by Oliver11 » Sun Sep 08, 2019 4:09 am

Woking had a decent 15 minute spell the end of the first half and that's it, definitely didn't outplay us.

We were the better team footballing wise first half and gave them nothing second half with Mitch not having to make a single save.

Finney and Chislet were especially good that night.

Lazio

Post by Lazio » Sun Sep 08, 2019 12:51 pm

We shouldn't even be In the same division as Woking, we should be in NLS rebuilding.

Anon E Mouse

Post by Anon E Mouse » Sun Sep 08, 2019 5:34 pm

Oliver11 wrote:
Sun Sep 08, 2019 4:09 am
Woking had a decent 15 minute spell the end of the first half and that's it, definitely didn't outplay us.

We were the better team footballing wise first half and gave them nothing second half with Mitch not having to make a single save.

They could have been 3-0 up before we scored, and certainly put us under pressure after.

You and me are never going to agree on virtually anything. I can deal with that.

hercules

Post by hercules » Sun Sep 08, 2019 5:47 pm

Lazio wrote:
Sun Sep 08, 2019 12:51 pm
We shouldn't even be In the same division as Woking, we should be in NLS rebuilding.
We’ve been rebuilding for 50 years or more and we should be in the conf south really.

Oliver11

Post by Oliver11 » Sun Sep 08, 2019 5:55 pm

Anon E Mouse wrote:
Sun Sep 08, 2019 5:34 pm
Oliver11 wrote:
Sun Sep 08, 2019 4:09 am

They could have been 3-0 up before we scored, and certainly put us under pressure after.

You and me are never going to agree on virtually anything. I can deal with that.
Pressure - was non existent 2nd half.

If you'd said they would be top 8 matches most you've sent you to the nut house.

They had 2/3 chances but we still weren't second best and if anything the better footballing side.

Shame I agreed with most of your post yesterday even about your beloved GW - sure I'll get over it too x

Lazio

Post by Lazio » Sun Sep 08, 2019 6:01 pm

After last season it was obvious we were not NL standard as a team or club. So what happens we sign a group of players who are not good enough for the NL and surprise surprise we are where we are. If we had accepted our true position at the end of last season, we would be playing teams we could compete with and have a positive buzz around the club with lower costs and bigger crowds.

Disturbed Postie

Post by Disturbed Postie » Sun Sep 08, 2019 6:21 pm

Lazio wrote:
Sun Sep 08, 2019 6:01 pm
After last season it was obvious we were not NL standard as a team or club. So what happens we sign a group of players who are not good enough for the NL and surprise surprise we are where we are. If we had accepted our true position at the end of last season, we would be playing teams we could compete with and have a positive buzz around the club with lower costs and bigger crowds.
You did say all this before the reprieve lazio to be fair, I was pleased with the reprieve and deluded myself in to thinking we’d do ok but it doesn’t look like it, maybe I should change my username to DDP 8)

Somerset Shot

Post by Somerset Shot » Tue Sep 10, 2019 10:50 am

Richard Petty wrote:
Disturbed Postie wrote:
Ultimately, one Woking doesn't promote you and one Barrow doesn't relegate you. There will be games where we play well or benefit from a dodgy decision or the opposition is "out of sorts". Adversely we will have an off-day or give away a soft penalty or have a player sent off in the first few minutes.

Stuff happens which can affect individual results. Points accumulated over the season is the only reliable measure. Only 8 points taken so far which, projected forward, gives us around 40. It's always nice to beat Woking but reproducing that sort of performance and result more regularly to stave off what is currently inevitable relegation is urgently required.

shotsboy66

Post by shotsboy66 » Tue Sep 10, 2019 11:25 am

Lazio wrote:
Sun Sep 08, 2019 6:01 pm
Interesting observation Lazio. As things turned out- well we get the reprieve, accept it..but of course the league position is causing a lot of concern to fans.

I agree with the point you make about a positive buzz. That I believe, is something that the club are desperately in need of right now. I would have hoped for twelve points after nine games.

Maybe we`ll have an FA Cup run this season...bit like Newport last season. My biggest concern right now, is that long time fans are now getting very restless, and losing that buzz that they once had. It will be very difficult to get that back