Dr Royle is not clapping happy Ratings

Mytshot
Re: Dr Royle is not clapping happy Ratings

Post by Mytshot » Sat Sep 07, 2019 10:50 pm

From the Barrow forum:
“I've been to the Aldershot away match for 3 or the last 4 seasons and I have never seen an Aldershot team as bad as this one. In fact, I can't remember when I've ever seen a team in the National League as bad”

Hard to argue with that.

Anon E Mouse

Post by Anon E Mouse » Sat Sep 07, 2019 10:53 pm

redandbluescb wrote:
Sat Sep 07, 2019 10:41 pm
Fowler,Finney,Kinsella,Rowe and Agyepong were signed by Gary Waddock other than Chislett who has Danny signed.
I certainly think this years squad is worse than last years.
It’s desperate to think that Rowe and JBA missing is the reason we are so poor. Both are massively unreliable and personally I think we are going down this season.
It’s getting very difficult to watch and fed up having virtually every weekend ruined by the thing I love the most.
Seriously wondering if I need to find something else to do unless it improves very quickly.

lowerbourneshot

Post by lowerbourneshot » Sat Sep 07, 2019 10:53 pm

First game I've missed due to holiday ,more sun another beer 0051 here 26 c . Stockport in my winter coat be good people . Passed caring about the **** home form anything other than the drop is a bonus imho

Anon E Mouse

Post by Anon E Mouse » Sat Sep 07, 2019 10:54 pm

A Shot from Wales wrote:
Sat Sep 07, 2019 10:50 pm
Dr Jim Royle wrote:
Sat Sep 07, 2019 10:33 pm
Gosh Jim, such temperate opinions.

I have to say I liked your writings more when you were acerbically ‘en pointe’.
Yeh, guess today I'm wearing Doc Marten boots rather than Ballet shoes BUT my G&T has a slice of Orange in rather than usual lemon to try sweeten the flavour.

I do try to temper me writings to a wider audience but think I prefer meself when taking the stage welcoming hecklers and readying meslf for a bit of toe to toe.

Changing the subject ..... you visited Southwold lately? Looked very briefly at a few houses down there ........ bit rich for me, god knows how some family can afford hang around there !!

8)
Southwold....yes. Our son and family live not far from there, and despite the Red Lion, on the green, changing hands not so long ago, it is still the best place to indulge in a pint or few of Adnams bitter...
I love Southwold and love my Ale but sadly Adnams falls very short of being excellent Ale. Very average in my opinion.

Chobham Shot

Post by Chobham Shot » Sat Sep 07, 2019 11:19 pm

redandbluescb wrote:
Sat Sep 07, 2019 10:41 pm
Fowler,Finney,Kinsella,Rowe and Agyepong were signed by Gary Waddock other than Chislett who has Danny signed.
Finney was the only one on your list already contracted for this season when Danny took over. Danny CHOSE to re-sign the others.

redblueuptoyou

Post by redblueuptoyou » Sun Sep 08, 2019 12:07 am

You’ve been fairly generous with some of those ratings! Also looked like Danny seemed annoyed with the fans’ reaction to Mullings when he came off. I think the honeymoon period is over and Danny is starting to resemble Boris - won’t be long before he loses his team as well.

Mullings is a big lad and needs to start imposing himself. Put as much effort in as Shields.

80fc

Post by 80fc » Sun Sep 08, 2019 12:20 am

The good doctor is right our Danny's no manager. The board are somewhat culpable because it's their responsibility to employ the right person, they should have had as their main criteria that the new manager had a proven track record in this division. However as I have said before they have been naive enough to fall for a bit of clever talking. He says he wants a small "family " but being mates with the players is no good he needs to be the gaffer. He says the dressing room is good, course it is, because I expect the players have got him where they want him.

shotsboy66

Post by shotsboy66 » Sun Sep 08, 2019 12:30 am

redblueuptoyou wrote:
Sun Sep 08, 2019 12:07 am
You’ve been fairly generous with some of those ratings! Also looked like Danny seemed annoyed with the fans’ reaction to Mullings when he came off. I think the honeymoon period is over and Danny is starting to resemble Boris - won’t be long before he loses his team as well.

Mullings is a big lad and needs to start imposing himself. Put as much effort in as Shields.
Another big lad the Shots had many moons ago was Les Lawrence..he certainly didn`t need a sat nav to find the back of the net! Scored FOUR in a home game v Chester.

Getting back to Mullings, is that correct that he has failed to score in nine appearances? I would like that confirmed. If so, very worrying

Dom Sterlings Left Leg

Post by Dom Sterlings Left Leg » Sun Sep 08, 2019 12:56 am

Yeah but he scored against the golden lion in pre season so just need to give him time to settle. :roll:

Disturbed Postie

Post by Disturbed Postie » Sun Sep 08, 2019 7:29 am

shotsboy66 wrote:
Sun Sep 08, 2019 12:30 am
redblueuptoyou wrote:

Another big lad the Shots had many moons ago was Les Lawrence..he certainly didn`t need a sat nav to find the back of the net! Scored FOUR in a home game v Chester.

Getting back to Mullings, is that correct that he has failed to score in nine appearances? I would like that confirmed. If so, very worrying
He has a career average of 1 in 6 and that’s below the 5th tier, about as useful as someone driving you to Inverness high on drugs and alcohol 🍺

Les Briley

Post by Les Briley » Sun Sep 08, 2019 7:52 am

redblueuptoyou wrote:

Searle wants to open his eyes to the fact that Mullings is one of the worst/lazy forwards there has ever been, should have been hauled off early in the 1st half..... :evil: ...., is it really possible for a so called "striker" to not score even 1 goal in 9 games ?..... :roll:

Aldershot_Rob

Post by Aldershot_Rob » Sun Sep 08, 2019 8:37 am

Danny Searle is not good enough for the job in hand. The BoD took the cheap option and offered the job to Barry Smith MK2. This will back fire once again and it proves once more the current board are charlatans who should not be trusted.
They will continue to shaft each and everyone of us until the well runs dry.

He has assembled a poor side who are fragile both mentally and physically and yet we are going to be involved in yet another dog fight with poodles.

As for attendances, expect them to continue dropping as more and more people realise their trousers are round their ankles whilst the Smiling Assassin maintains his status quo.

Disturbed Postie

Post by Disturbed Postie » Sun Sep 08, 2019 8:47 am

Aldershot_Rob wrote:
Sun Sep 08, 2019 8:37 am
Danny Searle is not good enough for the job in hand. The BoD took the cheap option and offered the job to Barry Smith MK2. This will back fire once again and it proves once more the current board are charlatans who should not be trusted.

He has assembled a poor side who are fragile both mentally and physically and yet we are going to be involved in yet another dog fight with poodles.

As for attendances, expect them to continue dropping as more and more people realise their trousers are round their ankles whilst the Smiling Assassin maintains his status quo.
I believe that just about sums things up I’m afraid

Dr Jim Royle

Post by Dr Jim Royle » Sun Sep 08, 2019 8:59 am

I actually understand the gamble taken by the BOD, my biggest issue with it there was no structure in place to support someone so young and green around the gills. They should have had in place an experienced older head to help both assist in interviewing and then supporting manager, someone who still has contacts to support and an eye for a decent player. Someone who can act as both ambassador for the Club and someone able to help in match day set up and arrangements ......... So I go back to somebody like a Terry Brown who knows enough about our Club and would provide great support to both a greenhorn manager and the higher levels of the Club and its running of. That's my opinion and I'll not be moved on it.

We now have a Manager in place who looks like he has assembled a poor quality squad, little contacts to call upon for help, a coach whose only experience in that role was in Essex Senior League and now has a side spiraling into a relegation certain spot. I feel for the Bloke, but remain thinking the job too big for him and too soon in his managerial career, that or he really isn't cut out for being a Manager.

And now the BOD are going to find themselves in a constant defending place until results on the pitch improve and folk see some sort of progression. If they are really strapped for money and in an impossible position to improve the playing squad then someone has to be brave enough to stand up and say so. Trying to paint a more colourful outlook is like asking a five year old to paint an exact replica of the Mona Lisa.

A whole sorry mess that in my humble opinion could have easily been avoided. I'm now expecting nothing less than a continuation of unattractive mis-match of football with an insistence of only playing one Striker up front with very little quality behind that player and no fecker brave enough to take appropriate actions to rectify it all until its too late.

I'm now thankful to be away on hols with very little contact via WiFi, gives me time to calm down before my next trek to Chorley away.

:(

Alex

Post by Alex » Sun Sep 08, 2019 9:05 am

Disturbed Postie wrote:
Sun Sep 08, 2019 8:47 am
I believe that just about sums things up I’m afraid
Does it?

The usual few are complaining about Azeem and the BoD (I’ve never understood why) so that represents how most of us are feeling? Wrong.

I find it strange (but not surprising on here!) that some have already decided Danny Searle is not a manager after just 9 (yes nine) matches of our season season.

Am I disappointed with a couple of performances I’ve seen? Yes definitely.

But I’m certainly not going to start worrying about relegation in September!