Dr Royle is not clapping happy Ratings

Heron wood shot 1964
Posts: 185
Joined: Thu May 16, 2019 12:50 pm
Re: Dr Royle is not clapping happy Ratings

Post by Heron wood shot 1964 » Sun Sep 08, 2019 12:32 pm

I have supported the shots since 1978 and after yesterday that is it for me. I may go to the odd game now and then but won’t go to every home game anymore well done the shots you have lost me

lanternhall
Posts: 700
Joined: Wed Jul 01, 2015 1:37 am
Re: Dr Royle is not clapping happy Ratings

Post by lanternhall » Sun Sep 08, 2019 12:39 pm

Grayshott wrote:
Sun Sep 08, 2019 12:24 pm
You would hope that anyone being paid as a professional sportsman would have ambition to be as good as they could be. Surely it is part of the selection process, by the manager, to choose players who have ambition, rather than just go through the motions. There is no reason why a Shots player should not be as fit as a Premier League player. Both are full time sports people and the only difference I can see should be skill/ability.

Does the lower league player train less hard than the Premier League player - if so why..??

In fact, the less skilled player needs to practice more, not less. Harry Kane takes between 10 and 50 penalties every training session. Is that why he is good at penalties? How often does the Shots penalty taker practice..?

Choosing players without ambition is a recipe for disaster and is 100% managers fault. Not training and practicing to a high level is also the manager's fault.

If they are full time pros, they should give 100% - like in any skilled profession.

Exactly right. I have posted this before and I will again.

Danny says "We will work hard"

IT IS WHAT THEY ARE PAID FOR.

Should be a given.

Disturbed Postie
Posts: 1373
Joined: Sat Mar 12, 2016 8:42 pm
Re: Dr Royle is not clapping happy Ratings

Post by Disturbed Postie » Sun Sep 08, 2019 12:44 pm

Heron wood shot 1964 wrote:
Sun Sep 08, 2019 12:32 pm
I have supported the shots since 1978 and after yesterday that is it for me. I may go to the odd game now and then but won’t go to every home game anymore well done the shots you have lost me
You’ll be back mr wood because you love it!

Tongham Shots
Posts: 20
Joined: Wed Jan 10, 2007 5:23 pm
Re: Dr Royle is not clapping happy Ratings

Post by Tongham Shots » Sun Sep 08, 2019 1:12 pm

shotsboy66 wrote:
Sun Sep 08, 2019 10:06 am
Aldershot_Rob wrote:
Sun Sep 08, 2019 9:21 am
Dr Royal, we all know S.A doesn't have the ******** to rectify this issue. Remember, this is the same bloke who trusted Barry Smith with his life, who sat on his hands all last season and who has now employed a rookie yes man with sparkly badges.
Searle is nothing but a bargain basement manager whom is hugely appealing to a chairman more accustomed to poundland than a football club.

Anyone expecting anything from this season will be disappointed once more. We've had to endure torrid football for far too long. The club feels like the recipient to Chinese water treatment. A long , painful drawn out death.

I feel you pain Aldershot Rob. We have had to endure torrid football for far too long. We have seen ONE decent league campaign since 2011. That of course, as we know was the season 16/17 culminating in the Tranmere play off defeat.

It does feel like the club are suffering a long, painful drawn out death as you rightly say. Personally speaking I think the club have stagnated so badly, that it will be a matter of time before even the die hards say `enough is enough`. There can`t be many supporters of a club like ours, who have had to endure so many `thin` seasons, with nowt to celebrate.

What`s the odds on another financial loss next spring time? It feels to me that the club are like a ticking time bomb.
Excellent posts which sum up exactly how I feel about the very sad situation, we are in. IMHO the Chairman (as I have said for the last 3 years ) is leading OUR club into oblivion and the worst thing is there seems like there is nothing we can do about, it. Shots 1954 rightly said in one of his posts yesterday that supporters are not going to realise what is going on until it is too late.
The point about the die hards soon saying enough is enough is close to the mark, I myself have never felt so disenchanted or so unconnected to the club, I love.
Very sad times, indeed.

Alex
Posts: 778
Joined: Sat Aug 02, 2008 10:56 pm
Re: Dr Royle is not clapping happy Ratings

Post by Alex » Sun Sep 08, 2019 1:16 pm

Tongham Shots wrote:
Sun Sep 08, 2019 1:12 pm
shotsboy66 wrote:
Sun Sep 08, 2019 10:06 am
Aldershot_Rob wrote:
Sun Sep 08, 2019 9:21 am
Dr Royal, we all know S.A doesn't have the ******** to rectify this issue. Remember, this is the same bloke who trusted Barry Smith with his life, who sat on his hands all last season and who has now employed a rookie yes man with sparkly badges.
Searle is nothing but a bargain basement manager whom is hugely appealing to a chairman more accustomed to poundland than a football club.

Anyone expecting anything from this season will be disappointed once more. We've had to endure torrid football for far too long. The club feels like the recipient to Chinese water treatment. A long , painful drawn out death.

I feel you pain Aldershot Rob. We have had to endure torrid football for far too long. We have seen ONE decent league campaign since 2011. That of course, as we know was the season 16/17 culminating in the Tranmere play off defeat.

It does feel like the club are suffering a long, painful drawn out death as you rightly say. Personally speaking I think the club have stagnated so badly, that it will be a matter of time before even the die hards say `enough is enough`. There can`t be many supporters of a club like ours, who have had to endure so many `thin` seasons, with nowt to celebrate.

What`s the odds on another financial loss next spring time? It feels to me that the club are like a ticking time bomb.
IMHO the Chairman (as I have said for the last 3 years ) is leading OUR club into oblivion
How?

Disturbed Postie
Posts: 1373
Joined: Sat Mar 12, 2016 8:42 pm
Re: Dr Royle is not clapping happy Ratings

Post by Disturbed Postie » Sun Sep 08, 2019 1:18 pm

Tongham Shots wrote:
Sun Sep 08, 2019 1:12 pm
shotsboy66 wrote:
Sun Sep 08, 2019 10:06 am
Aldershot_Rob wrote:
Sun Sep 08, 2019 9:21 am
Dr Royal, we all know S.A doesn't have the ******** to rectify this issue. Remember, this is the same bloke who trusted Barry Smith with his life, who sat on his hands all last season and who has now employed a rookie yes man with sparkly badges.
Searle is nothing but a bargain basement manager whom is hugely appealing to a chairman more accustomed to poundland than a football club.

Anyone expecting anything from this season will be disappointed once more. We've had to endure torrid football for far too long. The club feels like the recipient to Chinese water treatment. A long , painful drawn out death.

I feel you pain Aldershot Rob. We have had to endure torrid football for far too long. We have seen ONE decent league campaign since 2011. That of course, as we know was the season 16/17 culminating in the Tranmere play off defeat.

It does feel like the club are suffering a long, painful drawn out death as you rightly say. Personally speaking I think the club have stagnated so badly, that it will be a matter of time before even the die hards say `enough is enough`. There can`t be many supporters of a club like ours, who have had to endure so many `thin` seasons, with nowt to celebrate.

What`s the odds on another financial loss next spring time? It feels to me that the club are like a ticking time bomb.
Excellent posts which sum up exactly how I feel about the very sad situation, we are in. IMHO the Chairman (as I have said for the last 3 years ) is leading OUR club into oblivion and the worst thing is there seems like there is nothing we can do about, it. Shots 1954 rightly said in one of his posts yesterday that supporters are not going to realise what is going on until it is too late.
The point about the die hards soon saying enough is enough is close to the mark, I myself have never felt so disenchanted or so unconnected to the club, I love.
Very sad times, indeed.
Same here, I’m starting to do overtime on Saturdays now which sounds more desperate than a prostitute on drugs!

bordon shot
Posts: 130
Joined: Wed Jan 10, 2007 9:13 pm
Re: Dr Royle is not clapping happy Ratings

Post by bordon shot » Sun Sep 08, 2019 1:22 pm

Alex wrote:
Sun Sep 08, 2019 11:31 am
Disturbed Postie wrote:
Sun Sep 08, 2019 11:15 am
Alex, I think you’re an intelligent bloke but even an earwig would accept we’re on our way to Chippenham!
Not wanting to discuss relegation.

Just wondering what bordon shot means about yesterday’s subs and the timings of them etc?
Just my opinion Alex, but I just thought that when he took off the midfield player at half time, I thought it would more beneficial to put an extra man up front rather than stick another defender on.

It took to 70 mins before he did that

Nth stand moaner
Posts: 71
Joined: Sat Mar 09, 2019 3:44 pm
Re: Dr Royle is not clapping happy Ratings

Post by Nth stand moaner » Sun Sep 08, 2019 1:43 pm

I have to travel on train with ever dwindling handful, on cold winter nights, pay 18£. Afterwards I'm so angry I don't have a drink with anyone, I just wanna get away asap The last few years I've given up by Jan/Feb. This year I gave up after Bromley. Tempted back by optimism on here and a win v the only team worse than us. After yesterday and this lease I just feel so depressed and angry. Rendell would have scored at least 3 by now. He didn't miss many pens. Waddock did us proud. We will never know why we stagnated after Macclesfield. This is just shocking, we were better in rymans. Everyone on here, bar Alex, is mostly in agreement. For once. We ain't all wrong, a blind man could see how bad we are. How can you triall prospects v village teams and 16 yr olds. The writing was on the wall, I pointed it out, and got villified for daring to tell the truth. I love this club and its fans, top fellas. 55 years a shot. I ain't a developer, but I don't understand why SA isn't borrowing the £ to build the houses on the land. Sell some,rent some. Return the loan, plus interest, pay the builders. Sell/rent. Club gets profit, and £ incoming to pay lease. Profit builds ground. Throw in some shop units, a doctor's surgery, a daycare centre. Things people will always need. The 200k and 100k put in last year by who???? And for what? Shares???? None left to sell. So whose bailing us out this spring? The builders and profiteers from the lease? I'm ignorant in these matters, but I just carnt see why others will profit from the lease when we should be. I'm old and running out of energy, but please shots, the trust resigning, everything is a shambles, the worst I've known. It is surely time we took our club and the redevelopment of our ground over, and got SA and his pals out. We can make it uncomfortable for them. Do we even know exactly how the redevelopment is planned? It's our club, our heritage, for our kids and grandkids, and I carnt see us being anything more than a Basingstoke town playing at somewhere like bagshot lea. Bad men prosper when good men do nothing. Like I say I'm old, and ain't rich but I don't wanna just moan on here, I wanna see a rescue plan, a plan to take our club back, a committee that either owns the club or paves the way for a takeover by people who love ATFC. There's untold £ at stake here in this development. Please chaps can we see it goes to improving ATFC and the community and not anyone else. DS and AS, scapegoats ??? I've never felt so dispondent about our future. Terry Owen and JMcG ? You done your bit, someone has to take up their baton NOW.

Disturbed Postie
Posts: 1373
Joined: Sat Mar 12, 2016 8:42 pm
Re: Dr Royle is not clapping happy Ratings

Post by Disturbed Postie » Sun Sep 08, 2019 2:04 pm

Nth stand moaner wrote:
Sun Sep 08, 2019 1:43 pm
I have to travel on train with ever dwindling handful, on cold winter nights, pay 18£. Afterwards I'm so angry I don't have a drink with anyone, I just wanna get away asap The last few years I've given up by Jan/Feb. This year I gave up after Bromley. Tempted back by optimism on here and a win v the only team worse than us. After yesterday and this lease I just feel so depressed and angry. Rendell would have scored at least 3 by now. He didn't miss many pens. Waddock did us proud. We will never know why we stagnated after Macclesfield. This is just shocking, we were better in rymans. Everyone on here, bar Alex, is mostly in agreement. For once. We ain't all wrong, a blind man could see how bad we are. How can you triall prospects v village teams and 16 yr olds. The writing was on the wall, I pointed it out, and got villified for daring to tell the truth. I love this club and its fans, top fellas. 55 years a shot. I ain't a developer, but I don't understand why SA isn't borrowing the £ to build the houses on the land. Sell some,rent some. Return the loan, plus interest, pay the builders. Sell/rent. Club gets profit, and £ incoming to pay lease. Profit builds ground. Throw in some shop units, a doctor's surgery, a daycare centre. Things people will always need. The 200k and 100k put in last year by who???? And for what? Shares???? None left to sell. So whose bailing us out this spring? The builders and profiteers from the lease? I'm ignorant in these matters, but I just carnt see why others will profit from the lease when we should be. I'm old and running out of energy, but please shots, the trust resigning, everything is a shambles, the worst I've known. It is surely time we took our club and the redevelopment of our ground over, and got SA and his pals out. We can make it uncomfortable for them. Do we even know exactly how the redevelopment is planned? It's our club, our heritage, for our kids and grandkids, and I carnt see us being anything more than a Basingstoke town playing at somewhere like bagshot lea. Bad men prosper when good men do nothing. Like I say I'm old, and ain't rich but I don't wanna just moan on here, I wanna see a rescue plan, a plan to take our club back, a committee that either owns the club or paves the way for a takeover by people who love ATFC. There's untold £ at stake here in this development. Please chaps can we see it goes to improving ATFC and the community and not anyone else. DS and AS, scapegoats ??? I've never felt so dispondent about our future. Terry Owen and JMcG ? You done your bit, someone has to take up their baton NOW.
Good post

lowerbourneshot
Posts: 194
Joined: Thu Sep 08, 2011 7:29 pm
Location: The Ex Legion now Lower Bourne Social Club
Re: Dr Royle is not clapping happy Ratings

Post by lowerbourneshot » Sun Sep 08, 2019 5:12 pm

Alex wrote:
Sun Sep 08, 2019 9:05 am
Disturbed Postie wrote:
Sun Sep 08, 2019 8:47 am
I believe that just about sums things up I’m afraid
Does it?

The usual few are complaining about Azeem and the BoD (I’ve never understood why) so that represents how most of us are feeling? Wrong.

I find it strange (but not surprising on here!) that some have already decided Danny Searle is not a manager after just 9 (yes nine) matches of our season season.

Am I disappointed with a couple of performances I’ve seen? Yes definitely.

But I’m certainly not going to start worrying about relegation in September!
Same as last year then . Not a dig either

Alex
Posts: 778
Joined: Sat Aug 02, 2008 10:56 pm
Re: Dr Royle is not clapping happy Ratings

Post by Alex » Sun Sep 08, 2019 8:57 pm

bordon shot wrote:
Sun Sep 08, 2019 1:22 pm
Alex wrote:
Sun Sep 08, 2019 11:31 am
Disturbed Postie wrote:
Sun Sep 08, 2019 11:15 am
Alex, I think you’re an intelligent bloke but even an earwig would accept we’re on our way to Chippenham!
Not wanting to discuss relegation.

Just wondering what bordon shot means about yesterday’s subs and the timings of them etc?
Just my opinion Alex, but I just thought that when he took off the midfield player at half time, I thought it would more beneficial to put an extra man up front rather than stick another defender on.

It took to 70 mins before he did that
Sorry only just seen this as been working.

Thank you for replying 👍🏻

Alex
Posts: 778
Joined: Sat Aug 02, 2008 10:56 pm
Re: Dr Royle is not clapping happy Ratings

Post by Alex » Sun Sep 08, 2019 8:58 pm

lowerbourneshot wrote:
Sun Sep 08, 2019 5:12 pm
Alex wrote:
Sun Sep 08, 2019 9:05 am
Disturbed Postie wrote:
Sun Sep 08, 2019 8:47 am
I believe that just about sums things up I’m afraid
Does it?

The usual few are complaining about Azeem and the BoD (I’ve never understood why) so that represents how most of us are feeling? Wrong.

I find it strange (but not surprising on here!) that some have already decided Danny Searle is not a manager after just 9 (yes nine) matches of our season season.

Am I disappointed with a couple of performances I’ve seen? Yes definitely.

But I’m certainly not going to start worrying about relegation in September!
Same as last year then . Not a dig either
Yeah. Perhaps I’m being silly but we’ll see. No worries not taken it as a dig.

Still need that pint somewhen...

Quietobserver
Posts: 96
Joined: Tue Aug 28, 2018 8:18 pm
Re: Dr Royle is not clapping happy Ratings

Post by Quietobserver » Mon Sep 09, 2019 8:41 am

Alex wrote:
Sun Sep 08, 2019 9:05 am
Disturbed Postie wrote:
Sun Sep 08, 2019 8:47 am
I believe that just about sums things up I’m afraid
Does it?

The usual few are complaining about Azeem and the BoD (I’ve never understood why) so that represents how most of us are feeling? Wrong.

I find it strange (but not surprising on here!) that some have already decided Danny Searle is not a manager after just 9 (yes nine) matches of our season season.

Am I disappointed with a couple of performances I’ve seen? Yes definitely.

But I’m certainly not going to start worrying about relegation in September!
You pretty much said the same thing last season, and look how that turned out.

FloridaPhil
Posts: 88
Joined: Wed Mar 21, 2007 9:37 am
Re: Dr Royle is not clapping happy Ratings

Post by FloridaPhil » Mon Sep 09, 2019 9:01 am

Stenhouse wrote:
Sat Sep 07, 2019 10:04 pm
Mullings is a poor mans Scott Rendell. We were second today to most 50 - 50 balls. Our side is young, becoming reliant on loanees, and one dimensional. We will now see the Managers mettle. We are in a relegation dogfight unless results pick up now.
Mullings has played 9 games without scoring. How long till he gets dropped? Is he this season's Matt McClure?

FloridaPhil
Posts: 88
Joined: Wed Mar 21, 2007 9:37 am
Re: Dr Royle is not clapping happy Ratings

Post by FloridaPhil » Mon Sep 09, 2019 9:08 am

redandbluescb wrote:
Sat Sep 07, 2019 10:41 pm
Fowler,Finney,Kinsella,Rowe and Agyepong were signed by Gary Waddock other than Chislett who has Danny signed.
Danny re-signed Kinsella, Rowe and JBA, so he is now responsible for their presence.


Post Reply