Re: Dr Royle is not clapping happy Ratings

Post by FloridaPhil » Mon Sep 09, 2019 9:15 am

Tongham Shots wrote:
Sun Sep 08, 2019 1:12 pm
shotsboy66 wrote:
Sun Sep 08, 2019 10:06 am
Aldershot_Rob wrote:
Sun Sep 08, 2019 9:21 am
Dr Royal, we all know S.A doesn't have the ******** to rectify this issue. Remember, this is the same bloke who trusted Barry Smith with his life, who sat on his hands all last season and who has now employed a rookie yes man with sparkly badges.
Searle is nothing but a bargain basement manager whom is hugely appealing to a chairman more accustomed to poundland than a football club.

Anyone expecting anything from this season will be disappointed once more. We've had to endure torrid football for far too long. The club feels like the recipient to Chinese water treatment. A long , painful drawn out death.

I feel you pain Aldershot Rob. We have had to endure torrid football for far too long. We have seen ONE decent league campaign since 2011. That of course, as we know was the season 16/17 culminating in the Tranmere play off defeat.

It does feel like the club are suffering a long, painful drawn out death as you rightly say. Personally speaking I think the club have stagnated so badly, that it will be a matter of time before even the die hards say `enough is enough`. There can`t be many supporters of a club like ours, who have had to endure so many `thin` seasons, with nowt to celebrate.

What`s the odds on another financial loss next spring time? It feels to me that the club are like a ticking time bomb.
Excellent posts which sum up exactly how I feel about the very sad situation, we are in. IMHO the Chairman (as I have said for the last 3 years ) is leading OUR club into oblivion and the worst thing is there seems like there is nothing we can do about, it. Shots 1954 rightly said in one of his posts yesterday that supporters are not going to realise what is going on until it is too late.
The point about the die hards soon saying enough is enough is close to the mark, I myself have never felt so disenchanted or so unconnected to the club, I love.
Very sad times, indeed.
You can't say that about Saint Shahid (or "Mr.Angry" as we dubbed him on Thursday at the fans forum). He can do no wrong and is the best chairman we've ever had.

Dr Jim Royle

Post by Dr Jim Royle » Mon Sep 09, 2019 9:41 am

Said all this before, I like Shahid, Jon etc, they are not bad people and unless someone knows different, they are only folk who have put in cash and rights to own shares and say.

Great work done on Lease, but that looks to be another 118 years away now signing and actually building anything.

Have they got employment structure right? Now that is another story, thus far Mark Butler is only person springs to mind who does good job and wears heart on his sleeve for Club. I'm sure there are others, just don't know them personally.

I would say do not think we have right employment in place actually on the playing staff

Alex

Post by Alex » Mon Sep 09, 2019 10:04 am

Quietobserver wrote:
Mon Sep 09, 2019 8:41 am
Alex wrote:
Sun Sep 08, 2019 9:05 am
Disturbed Postie wrote:
Sun Sep 08, 2019 8:47 am
I believe that just about sums things up I’m afraid
Does it?

The usual few are complaining about Azeem and the BoD (I’ve never understood why) so that represents how most of us are feeling? Wrong.

I find it strange (but not surprising on here!) that some have already decided Danny Searle is not a manager after just 9 (yes nine) matches of our season season.

Am I disappointed with a couple of performances I’ve seen? Yes definitely.

But I’m certainly not going to start worrying about relegation in September!
You pretty much said the same thing last season, and look how that turned out.
We stayed up :wink:

Quietobserver

Post by Quietobserver » Mon Sep 09, 2019 10:05 am

FloridaPhil wrote:
Mon Sep 09, 2019 9:01 am
Stenhouse wrote:
Sat Sep 07, 2019 10:04 pm
Mullings is a poor mans Scott Rendell. We were second today to most 50 - 50 balls. Our side is young, becoming reliant on loanees, and one dimensional. We will now see the Managers mettle. We are in a relegation dogfight unless results pick up now.
Mullings has played 9 games without scoring. How long till he gets dropped? Is he this season's Matt McClure?
I think he might be even worse.

Quietobserver

Post by Quietobserver » Mon Sep 09, 2019 10:05 am

Alex wrote:
Mon Sep 09, 2019 10:04 am
Quietobserver wrote:
Mon Sep 09, 2019 8:41 am
Alex wrote:
Sun Sep 08, 2019 9:05 am

Does it?

The usual few are complaining about Azeem and the BoD (I’ve never understood why) so that represents how most of us are feeling? Wrong.

I find it strange (but not surprising on here!) that some have already decided Danny Searle is not a manager after just 9 (yes nine) matches of our season season.

Am I disappointed with a couple of performances I’ve seen? Yes definitely.

But I’m certainly not going to start worrying about relegation in September!
You pretty much said the same thing last season, and look how that turned out.
We stayed up :wink:
On a technicality :wink:

TopShot

Post by TopShot » Mon Sep 09, 2019 10:08 am

For the past few seasons we have gone over our budget, I believe that this year we are working more within budget which is the correct thing to do for the life of the club.

Yes things are not great on the pitch but we are working within a budget. We cannot afford to throw money around to bring in star players. We were told at the forum that one striker we were after (incidentally in a team we have already played) was offered a three year contract, £35k signing on fee and accommodation payed for but the club.

I personally don't think its a good idea to sack a manager after 9 games as this is a further cost, plus another cost to get in a new manager.

I like you believe we have has a few games where we have not performed well enough, but the others I would say we were more unlucky.

Until we get an income from the club or a multi millionaire owner/backer who can afford to throw their money into a superior playing team we are stuck where we are, with a budget which works for us.

We are no longer a big club, we have never been a "big club" we have over achieved but this was detriment to our budget and it shows considering the administration and the losses for the past few seasons.

At the forum it has been said that there is approx £10/12m being budgeted for the new stadium and that we need to generate at least £600k per season income outside of football, that sounds a lot but i'm pretty sure it is doable.

Once we are able to secure this income that is when we can start offering better contracts to better players and push the team back to the league.

Some of you need to understand, we are not a premier league team, we will not win week in week out, we will have some games that we don't play well, we do not have money to buy wonder strikers.

I am not saying everything is perfect and we should just accept what is happening as I am unhappy about things as the rest of you, but I cannot see a way out other than letting the managers and players prove themselves and prove us wrong, we do not have the financial backing to anything else.

Personally I thought the relegation to NLS would have been a better outcome for us to allow us to rebuild the club and the squad, and come back fighting on a solid platform.

shotsboy66

Post by shotsboy66 » Mon Sep 09, 2019 10:10 am

Dr Jim Royle wrote:
Mon Sep 09, 2019 9:41 am
Said all this before, I like Shahid, Jon etc, they are not bad people and unless someone knows different, they are only folk who have put in cash and rights to own shares and say.

Great work done on Lease, but that looks to be another 118 years away now signing and actually building anything.

Have they got employment structure right? Now that is another story, thus far Mark Butler is only person springs to mind who does good job and wears heart on his sleeve for Club. I'm sure there are others, just don't know them personally.

I would say do not think we have right employment in place actually on the playing staff
I would concur with what you say regarding the lease- on the green carpet though, where "football" is played is where the club have hit the buffers, Since October last, at the Rec we have only beaten Kettering (FA Cup), Braintree & Havant. That`s the crux. The problem for the BoD will be trying to convince long suffering fans to "stick with it" so to speak. Just turn up, pay £18 and come back in two weeks time (repeat to fade)

I for one am becoming concerned by what appears living day by day, without any back up plan. We can`t rely on an FA Cup run. Talking of which, look at Newport last season. Similiar sized club to ourselves, played Leicester, Middlesbrough & Man City...got to Wembley in play off final.

I`d love the Shots to have that scenario, but for the time being I feel we`ll soon be hearing Mark Butler`s chat up lines! Actually I would love to see MB on the BoD at the club.

We need someone who understands and buys into what the fans crave to see. Let`s not waste money like last season on a CEO. When fans go through the turnstiles, they want to see a team capable of winning it`s home games. That is not too much to ask.

There appears to be too many long suffering Shots fans, feeling pain and the BoD should not take their support for granted.

Chobham Shot

Post by Chobham Shot » Mon Sep 09, 2019 10:45 am

shotsboy66 wrote:
Mon Sep 09, 2019 10:10 am
Dr Jim Royle wrote:
Mon Sep 09, 2019 9:41 am

Actually I would love to see MB on the BoD at the club.
I'd love to see him sniffing around the 6 yard box between 1500 and 1650 hours on a Saturday. I reckon he could still do a job for us (certainly no worse than what we have). Natural goalscorers never lose their instinct.

Birdman

Post by Birdman » Mon Sep 09, 2019 12:21 pm

FloridaPhil wrote:
Mon Sep 09, 2019 9:15 am
Tongham Shots wrote:
shotsboy66 wrote:
Sun Sep 08, 2019 10:06 am

I feel you pain Aldershot Rob. We have had to endure torrid football for far too long. We have seen ONE decent league campaign since 2011. That of course, as we know was the season 16/17 culminating in the Tranmere play off defeat.

It does feel like the club are suffering a long, painful drawn out death as you rightly say. Personally speaking I think the club have stagnated so badly, that it will be a matter of time before even the die hards say `enough is enough`. There can`t be many supporters of a club like ours, who have had to endure so many `thin` seasons, with nowt to celebrate.

What`s the odds on another financial loss next spring time? It feels to me that the club are like a ticking time bomb.
Excellent posts which sum up exactly how I feel about the very sad situation, we are in. IMHO the Chairman (as I have said for the last 3 years ) is leading OUR club into oblivion and the worst thing is there seems like there is nothing we can do about, it. Shots 1954 rightly said in one of his posts yesterday that supporters are not going to realise what is going on until it is too late.
The point about the die hards soon saying enough is enough is close to the mark, I myself have never felt so disenchanted or so unconnected to the club, I love.
Very sad times, indeed.
You can't say that about Saint Shahid (or "Mr.Angry" as we dubbed him on Thursday at the fans forum). He can do no wrong and is the best chairman we've ever had.
Out of interest, who are “we”?

FloridaPhil

Post by FloridaPhil » Mon Sep 09, 2019 12:35 pm

Birdman wrote:
Mon Sep 09, 2019 12:21 pm
FloridaPhil wrote:
Mon Sep 09, 2019 9:15 am
Tongham Shots wrote:

Very sad times, indeed.
Out of interest, who are “we”?
Me and some others who were talking about things.

Dom Sterlings Left Leg

Post by Dom Sterlings Left Leg » Mon Sep 09, 2019 1:11 pm

TopShot wrote:
Mon Sep 09, 2019 10:08 am
For the past few seasons we have gone over our budget, I believe that this year we are working more within budget which is the correct thing to do for the life of the club.

Yes things are not great on the pitch but we are working within a budget. We cannot afford to throw money around to bring in star players. We were told at the forum that one striker we were after (incidentally in a team we have already played) was offered a three year contract, £35k signing on fee and accommodation payed for but the club.

I personally don't think its a good idea to sack a manager after 9 games as this is a further cost, plus another cost to get in a new manager.

I like you believe we have has a few games where we have not performed well enough, but the others I would say we were more unlucky.

Until we get an income from the club or a multi millionaire owner/backer who can afford to throw their money into a superior playing team we are stuck where we are, with a budget which works for us.

We are no longer a big club, we have never been a "big club" we have over achieved but this was detriment to our budget and it shows considering the administration and the losses for the past few seasons.

At the forum it has been said that there is approx £10/12m being budgeted for the new stadium and that we need to generate at least £600k per season income outside of football, that sounds a lot but i'm pretty sure it is doable.

Once we are able to secure this income that is when we can start offering better contracts to better players and push the team back to the league.

Some of you need to understand, we are not a premier league team, we will not win week in week out, we will have some games that we don't play well, we do not have money to buy wonder strikers.

I am not saying everything is perfect and we should just accept what is happening as I am unhappy about things as the rest of you, but I cannot see a way out other than letting the managers and players prove themselves and prove us wrong, we do not have the financial backing to anything else.

Personally I thought the relegation to NLS would have been a better outcome for us to allow us to rebuild the club and the squad, and come back fighting on a solid platform.
Theres a lot there i wouldnt disagree with to be fair.

Its looking clear that the budget this season has been cut right back so we live within our means. Fair enough. (Although im sure i read pre season in one of the few comments made by the club on the situation that in either league we were in our budget would be competative?! Is it or isnt it?).

Unfortunately though our means have been limited as a direct consequence of 3 season of living beyond our means (or incompetence), either due to throwing a bit of money at it going for promotion ('waddock wasnt always good at sticking to his budget' 😳) or like last season ridiculously over estimating average attendances on which the budget was based.

As i understand it we have flogged off the remaining shares to plug the gaps. (What a shame such investment couldnt have been put to better use).

So yes we should live within our means and the manager should be supported at the moment and we all want him to do well but the board arent blameless in where we find ourselves.

Its just a shame that the being run sustainably mantra wasnt carried through and the club could have been slowly but surely improving its position season after season in the league with a view to the ground development finally, really pushing us on. Whereas now its just a struggle on and hope for the best and the new development should hopefully come to our rescue.

TopShot

Post by TopShot » Mon Sep 09, 2019 1:43 pm

Dom Sterlings Left Leg wrote:
Mon Sep 09, 2019 1:11 pm
TopShot wrote:

Its looking clear that the budget this season has been cut right back so we live within our means. Fair enough. (Although im sure i read pre season in one of the few comments made by the club on the situation that in either league we were in our budget would be competative?! Is it or isnt it?).

Unfortunately though our means have been limited as a direct consequence of 3 season of living beyond our means (or incompetence), either due to throwing a bit of money at it going for promotion ('waddock wasnt always good at sticking to his budget' 😳) or like last season ridiculously over estimating average attendances on which the budget was based.

As i understand it we have flogged off the remaining shares to plug the gaps. (What a shame such investment couldnt have been put to better use).

So yes we should live within our means and the manager should be supported at the moment and we all want him to do well but the board arent blameless in where we find ourselves.

Its just a shame that the being run sustainably mantra wasnt carried through and the club could have been slowly but surely improving its position season after season in the league with a view to the ground development finally, really pushing us on. Whereas now its just a struggle on and hope for the best and the new development should hopefully come to our rescue.
some good points DSLL, although i'm sure some of those answers we will never know.

We have been told that this budget is competitive, but how competitive is competitive, and competitive in what way? Are we competing budget wise with other clubs in the league or is it competitive enough that we should finish outside the relegation zone?

It is my understanding that all the shares have been sold, I agree that this is a shame as im sure that the new building venture would have been a good investment for some directors.

The sustainability is the ideal scenario, however after the administration last time around the new board probably thought that we should keep a similar budget to allow the club to stay in the league. It would have been better for the fans to see us compete in the same league rather than drop back a league or two?

With regards to Waddock overspending the budget, the board have the purse strings, if they do not have the money to spend its down to them to tell him so, if they are happy about handing over more money then that is their issue. I'm sure if he was not happy GW would have walked.

Ian M

Post by Ian M » Mon Sep 09, 2019 2:16 pm

Everything about this summers' recruitment looks "a level or two" below National League. Decent folk all, but not this level.

Now, can only assume that's budgetary constraints at play. So be it, but it isn't going to be pretty this year.

Richard Petty

Post by Richard Petty » Mon Sep 09, 2019 2:38 pm

TopShot wrote:
Mon Sep 09, 2019 1:43 pm
TopShot wrote:

some good points DSLL, although i'm sure some of those answers we will never know.

We have been told that this budget is competitive, but how competitive is competitive, and competitive in what way? Are we competing budget wise with other clubs in the league or is it competitive enough that we should finish outside the relegation zone?

It is my understanding that all the shares have been sold, I agree that this is a shame as im sure that the new building venture would have been a good investment for some directors.

The sustainability is the ideal scenario, however after the administration last time around the new board probably thought that we should keep a similar budget to allow the club to stay in the league. It would have been better for the fans to see us compete in the same league rather than drop back a league or two?

With regards to Waddock overspending the budget, the board have the purse strings, if they do not have the money to spend its down to them to tell him so, if they are happy about handing over more money then that is their issue. I'm sure if he was not happy GW would have walked.
I may be in a minority here but actually that would worry me if the building venture was the motivation for someone investing in the club.

The development should be for the benefit of the football club not individuals coming along now just to get something out of it. Its directors coming in for personal gain that gets football clubs in trouble. Whatever you may feel about how the club is currently being run the directors (current and those who have stepped down) who invested in 2013 onwards came in when the club had no assets, and at that time no offer of a long lease and therefore spent their money with no view of even getting that back never mind making a profit on it.

Once the development has happened and the club is because of the development in a good place financially then of course someone coming along to join the board with a view to investing with the clubs wellbeing being there only gain should indeed be welcomed with open arms.

Oliver11

Post by Oliver11 » Mon Sep 09, 2019 2:55 pm

Richard Petty wrote:
Mon Sep 09, 2019 2:38 pm
TopShot wrote:
Mon Sep 09, 2019 1:43 pm

I may be in a minority here but actually that would worry me if the building venture was the motivation for someone investing in the club.

The development should be for the benefit of the football club not individuals coming along now just to get something out of it. Its directors coming in for personal gain that gets football clubs in trouble. Whatever you may feel about how the club is currently being run the directors (current and those who have stepped down) who invested in 2013 onwards came in when the club had no assets, and at that time no offer of a long lease and therefore spent their money with no view of even getting that back never mind making a profit on it.

Once the development has happened and the club is because of the development in a good place financially then of course someone coming along to join the board with a view to investing with the clubs wellbeing being there only gain should indeed be welcomed with open arms.
There's every chance recent investors were tempted by the redevelopment and I wouldn't blame them either.

Why realistically should they bankroll our club, unfortunately we don't seem to have a rich fan to bail us out.

If they didn't buy the shares / invest then even getting that first brick layed wouldn't be possible.