National league Highlight show - Mullings in trouble?

Richard Petty
Re: National league Highlight show - Mullings in trouble?

Post by Richard Petty » Mon Sep 09, 2019 5:59 pm

Fuggletim wrote:
Mon Sep 09, 2019 4:49 pm
The jeering at Mullings substitution has parallels to that infamous one with Marvin Morgan all those years ago, but we have not had a silly "tweet" about what happened.

Mullings was just not in it on Saturday and I think he knew it, but a fundamental problem, which against parallels the Marvin Morgan thing, is that he is left up from by himself too often and has little in the way of support. This in turn has to sap confidence as you are made to look poor because you are outnumbered.

That ridiculous tactic along with short corners are one of banes of this club at the moment.
I am with you on short corners, you have to be really good to make short corners work and that's at any level, get it in the box and get players on it, the odds are much better

Disturbed Postie

Post by Disturbed Postie » Mon Sep 09, 2019 7:30 pm

Richard Petty wrote:
Mon Sep 09, 2019 5:59 pm
Fuggletim wrote:
The jeering at Mullings substitution has parallels to that infamous one with Marvin Morgan all those years ago, but we have not had a silly "tweet" about what happened.

Mullings was just not in it on Saturday and I think he knew it, but a fundamental problem, which against parallels the Marvin Morgan thing, is that he is left up from by himself too often and has little in the way of support. This in turn has to sap confidence as you are made to look poor because you are outnumbered.

That ridiculous tactic along with short corners are one of banes of this club at the moment.
I am with you on short corners, you have to be really good to make short corners work and that's at any level, get it in the box and get players on it, the odds are much better
Same here, get the ball swung iinand some ugly **** like Bruce or Dave Watson on the end of it, these short corners are an absolute waste of time!

Me Mums a Shot

Post by Me Mums a Shot » Mon Sep 09, 2019 8:02 pm

Disturbed Postie wrote:
Mon Sep 09, 2019 7:30 pm
Richard Petty wrote:
Mon Sep 09, 2019 5:59 pm
Fuggletim wrote:

Same here, get the ball swung iinand some ugly **** like Bruce or Dave Watson on the end of it, these short corners are an absolute waste of time!
And get somebody else on the set plays - Kinsella really isn't very good at them!!!

Disturbed Postie

Post by Disturbed Postie » Mon Sep 09, 2019 8:20 pm

Someone like the left footed silky skilled barrow born midfielder Ian Macdonald!

Mick Earls Fan Club

Post by Mick Earls Fan Club » Mon Sep 09, 2019 8:20 pm

Every time there's a short corner a part of me dies....

Just get the ball in the mixer

chimpster99

Post by chimpster99 » Mon Sep 09, 2019 10:43 pm

The jeering of Mullings’ substitution was a response to the amount of time it took Danny to make the change. Shamir is an experienced pro and will know he had a stinker, partly of his own making but also due the appalling service from his team-mates. Danny looked incredulous at the time, which worryingly suggests he couldn’t see what the rest of us could...