Go on, put yerselves through it again

Birdman
Go on, put yerselves through it again

Post by Birdman » Mon Sep 09, 2019 12:24 pm

stevieshot
Re: Go on, put yerselves through it again

Post by stevieshot » Mon Sep 09, 2019 12:34 pm

Looked to me like the Barrow defence had entered the penalty area before the penalty was taken.
Apart from that, we deserved to lose.
Chislett's goal was well taken.

FloridaPhil

Post by FloridaPhil » Mon Sep 09, 2019 12:43 pm

1st goal is a Chislett og. Ball definitely changed direction, which appears to be the criteria for awarding ogs.

chimpster99

Post by chimpster99 » Mon Sep 09, 2019 1:29 pm

Disallowed goal was not offside as the 'through ball' was actually played by Fowler (with a rebound) and not by the Barrow forward.
Agree the first goal was an oggie.
Second one was a howler from Hunt.
Penalty challenge is unclear on the video but it took place right in front of me and was a clear shove.
Brilliant defending for the pen clearance, watch how the Barrow No 16 starts 5 yards back and follows Conor's run to enter the area at speed.

Fuggletim

Post by Fuggletim » Mon Sep 09, 2019 3:25 pm

Funny how we all see something different, but the player who scored the disallowed goal for Barrow looked to be "Offside" when the ball was initially played forward and before it came off our player.

Our Penalty was fully justified. It isn't clear from the video, but I had a great view of a blatant push. Poor kick though as you could see the keeper was going to go the right way even before it was taken.

Shot By Both Sides

Post by Shot By Both Sides » Mon Sep 09, 2019 5:22 pm

stevieshot wrote:
Mon Sep 09, 2019 12:34 pm
Looked to me like the Barrow defence had entered the penalty area before the penalty was taken.
Apart from that, we deserved to lose.
Chislett's goal was well taken.
Has to be a succinct point. How did the defender get himself there to hack the ball clear before Shields could strike? It was right in front of me and all happened in a flash but the defender seemed to come out of nowhere.