Wrexham

Disturbed Postie
Wrexham

Post by Disturbed Postie » Tue Sep 10, 2019 4:10 pm

Have got st mirren colts ( kids) in this Scottish cup thing, the overall excitement is unbelievable particularly as the game replaces their live BT game against another club who’s fans are equally angry, Chesterfield!

Richard Petty
Re: Wrexham

Post by Richard Petty » Tue Sep 10, 2019 4:34 pm

Does seem wrong that some friendly cup game should take priority over a league game, If Wrexham had a reserve side they could send then no problem but to be committing their first team to it is lunacy. Maybe something the National league board should consider at the next AGM is insisting that these cup games are played on a non league day if clubs want to participate.

Disturbed Postie

Post by Disturbed Postie » Tue Sep 10, 2019 4:44 pm

That’s what they want, Chesterfield on the Saturday and their kids playing st mirren colts on the Sunday, Wrexham fans are cheesed off as it is without this nonsense game getting in the way!

lanternhall

Post by lanternhall » Tue Sep 10, 2019 7:40 pm

Richard Petty wrote:
Tue Sep 10, 2019 4:34 pm
Does seem wrong that some friendly cup game should take priority over a league game, If Wrexham had a reserve side they could send then no problem but to be committing their first team to it is lunacy. Maybe something the National league board should consider at the next AGM is insisting that these cup games are played on a non league day if clubs want to participate.

Wrong that a Welsh team are playing in a Scottish Cup. Can Aldershot play in the Angolan cup?

Nth stand moaner

Post by Nth stand moaner » Wed Sep 11, 2019 10:57 am

Scottish INVITATION cup, I suppose you get these preseason tournaments in somewhere like Japan. The Tokyo geisha girls trophy, inviting the Japs top team and 3 international giants. Would I moan at getting to play Hibs hearts Celtic or rangers?

Lazio

Post by Lazio » Wed Sep 11, 2019 2:50 pm

I cant see the problem, I would be happy if we were in it, would be good to see Shots playing at somewhwere like Tannadice, Dens Park or Firhill or a trip to Dublin or Belfast.

Disturbed Postie

Post by Disturbed Postie » Wed Sep 11, 2019 3:29 pm

Lazio wrote:
Wed Sep 11, 2019 2:50 pm
I cant see the problem, I would be happy if we were in it, would be good to see Shots playing at somewhwere like Tannadice, Dens Park or Firhill or a trip to Dublin or Belfast.
I get your point but the general feeling amongst the Wrexham fans about this queer competition is equal to them having floodlight failure after 78 minutes when 4-0 against Chester!

Lazio

Post by Lazio » Wed Sep 11, 2019 5:14 pm

DP you cant call a cup queer in these PC days. The thought police will be after you if you don't say it's LGBT.

Disturbed Postie

Post by Disturbed Postie » Wed Sep 11, 2019 5:20 pm

Lazio wrote:
Wed Sep 11, 2019 5:14 pm
DP you cant call a cup queer in these PC days. The thought police will be after you if you don't say it's LGBT.
I meant queer as being odd, stupid, pathetic

Andrew Richardson

Post by Andrew Richardson » Wed Sep 11, 2019 9:43 pm

Only a few miles from Wrexham, Connah's Quay fans on their facebook page seem to be relishing their trip to Glasgow in the same competition.

Lazio

Post by Lazio » Fri Sep 13, 2019 2:01 pm

Who wouldn't be up for a trip to watch the Shots play at Partick if we could get into this cup.

Wokingham Shot

Post by Wokingham Shot » Fri Sep 13, 2019 2:34 pm

Absolutely, at this level it is all about giving the fans something to look forward to/get excited about.
The FA Cup and a Wembley Trophy trip are the regular two (although I don't like this non league finals day...and no not just because of my views on Incenzo), but I believe Sutton got to play Airdie and in Dublin in this.
Let's be honest, a trip to watch Aldershot play in Dublin would be the stuff of legends, talked about for years to come.

Bathgateshots

Post by Bathgateshots » Sat Sep 14, 2019 12:08 am

Shots playing in Scotland......Me and Aberdeenshot would be as happy as pigs in the brown stuff. Plus about 100 odd Motherwell would come and watch us too! and my flag would be up!

Solihull played at Kelty Hearts last week (technically Step 5 in Scotland) attendance around 1,150 - considering most Scottish League 1 and 2 (Falkirk, Raith aside) attract around 400-500 a week that is some crowd.

I love these quirky competitions, 2 National League sides, 2 from Wales officially, 2 Northern Ireland, 2 Republic of Ireland, 4 from Scotland Step 5. Only downside is the Under 21's or Colts as they call them up here. I believe Solihull play at home possibly to Rangers U21's (Colts).

AberdeenShots

Post by AberdeenShots » Sat Sep 14, 2019 6:07 am

I popped down to Kelty v Solihull, Lee. Not many Moors people there but the ones that were will doubtless have made an Edinburgh weekend of it. Smashing game despite shipping more than I could tolerate with an ill-considered Conference-biased wager. Sutton at Airdrie last season. Brought a few up for a weekend. It’d be fantastic if the Shots got a jock trip. Surely beats repeat trips to cesspits like Barrow although I must say it’s a relief to be going there rather than Hampton & bleeding Richmond.

The only problem with a jock away game is the fact it’d probably take you 20 years and half a dozen parole hearings to get home old cocker.

Anon E Mouse

Post by Anon E Mouse » Sat Sep 14, 2019 12:46 pm

AberdeenShots wrote:
Sat Sep 14, 2019 6:07 am
I popped down to Kelty v Solihull, Lee. Not many Moors people there but the ones that were will doubtless have made an Edinburgh weekend of it. Smashing game despite shipping more than I could tolerate with an ill-considered Conference-biased wager. Sutton at Airdrie last season. Brought a few up for a weekend. It’d be fantastic if the Shots got a jock trip. Surely beats repeat trips to cesspits like Barrow although I must say it’s a relief to be going there rather than Hampton & bleeding Richmond.

The only problem with a jock away game is the fact it’d probably take you 20 years and half a dozen parole hearings to get home old cocker.
Kel Serprise that there weren’t many travelling Moors fans. They don’t even travel to their home games.