National League Football Academy

fredandballou
National League Football Academy

Post by fredandballou » Wed Sep 11, 2019 1:56 pm

With the National Leagues Football Academies North and South leagues kicking off today and the Shots lads playing their first match at Bromley this afternoon I'm rather surprised their has been no mention of this on the clubs website particularly as Danny says how much he wants to develop the academy this season.

Ancient Shot
Re: National League Football Academy

Post by Ancient Shot » Wed Sep 11, 2019 2:01 pm

margateshot

Post by margateshot » Wed Sep 11, 2019 2:19 pm

Please don't put me in the moaners camp, but why can it not be put on the main website? Not everybody uses or follows twitter. Surely its newsworthy enough for everyone to see.

Chobham Shot

Post by Chobham Shot » Wed Sep 11, 2019 2:24 pm

margateshot wrote:
Wed Sep 11, 2019 2:19 pm
Please don't put me in the moaners camp, but why can it not be put on the main website? Not everybody uses or follows twitter. Surely its newsworthy enough for everyone to see.
I have to agree. If you're a business selling a new product, you wouldn't just post on various social media. You would most certainly also have it on your website. Maybe the new media guy is still finding his feet.

Ancient Shot

Post by Ancient Shot » Wed Sep 11, 2019 2:25 pm

The Academy page on the official site

https://www.theshots.co.uk/academy-overview/

has the twitter feed on the front page so you don't actually have to be on Twitter

But I get your point

Chobham Shot

Post by Chobham Shot » Wed Sep 11, 2019 2:32 pm

Ancient Shot wrote:
Wed Sep 11, 2019 2:25 pm
The Academy page on the official site

https://www.theshots.co.uk/academy-overview/

has the twitter feed on the front page so you don't actually have to be on Twitter

But I get your point
Thanks Ancient. Keep forgetting there's a link for academy news.

Richard Petty

Post by Richard Petty » Wed Sep 11, 2019 2:37 pm

Ancient Shot wrote:
Wed Sep 11, 2019 2:01 pm
Twitter is your friend

https://twitter.com/AcademyATFC/status/ ... 6198530048
To be fair Ancient its not my friend and nor is Facebook.

The problem with modern media (Generally not just Aldershot) is that it is too focused on social media and instead of using social media as an "Additional" form of marketing it is too often used as the main form. There are not many people now who don't have internet access to view websites but many people myself included have no interest whatsoever in being on Twitface so it is important when marketing the club to continue to give as much attention to the club website as the club does to its social media.

However having said that not everyone realises that you can read twitter and facebook without actually having to be logged into it, you just cant post. To follow the club on twitter or facebook just follow the links on the website.

supershots

Post by supershots » Wed Sep 11, 2019 5:18 pm

Richard Petty wrote:
Wed Sep 11, 2019 2:37 pm
Ancient Shot wrote:
Wed Sep 11, 2019 2:01 pm
Twitter is your friend

https://twitter.com/AcademyATFC/status/ ... 6198530048
To be fair Ancient its not my friend and nor is Facebook.

The problem with modern media (Generally not just Aldershot) is that it is too focused on social media and instead of using social media as an "Additional" form of marketing it is too often used as the main form. There are not many people now who don't have internet access to view websites but many people myself included have no interest whatsoever in being on Twitface so it is important when marketing the club to continue to give as much attention to the club website as the club does to its social media.

However having said that not everyone realises that you can read twitter and facebook without actually having to be logged into it, you just cant post. To follow the club on twitter or facebook just follow the links on the website.
Graham Brookland used to say he did not do "Twitface", next thing we know the shots are all over it! He had his leg well and truly pulled
in the media box for that one! :lol: