All talk, no action?

Dr Jim Royle
All talk, no action?

Post by Dr Jim Royle » Sat Feb 08, 2020 9:33 pm

We seem to be one of the best clubs in our league for talk, forums, media videos pre and post match, Eastbank Weekly, Twitter, Facebook ... You name it, our Club talks it. Players lined up, numerous trialists, leases, grounds, proud performances, positives around where ever you stand.

For me it’s wearing very thin, all talk next to no action. I give up on ground, they say it’ll happen .. whatever. BUT sick to death hearing same old garbage each week either official or rumour, players lined up, two in by weekend, one new face on Monday, working non stop, players lined up in every position ....... personally think now it’s just Billy Bullpoo ..... If we don’t strengthen this squad rapid and I’m not talking one maybe two players, we will sink quicker than The Titanic.

Danny, stop yaking, deliver some of these positives you seem to unearth each game.

redandbluescb
Re: All talk, no action?

Post by redandbluescb » Sat Feb 08, 2020 9:40 pm

Totally agree with you their are nearly 2000 fans who know we have 3 or 4 decent players
the rest are not up to conf prem standard change the team now this week or we will be
very lucky to stay up. The time for flip charts is over sign conf prem standard players.

Wakefield Shots

Post by Wakefield Shots » Sat Feb 08, 2020 10:52 pm

Dr Jim Royle wrote:
Sat Feb 08, 2020 9:33 pm
We seem to be one of the best clubs in our league for talk, forums, media videos pre and post match, Eastbank Weekly, Twitter, Facebook ... You name it, our Club talks it. Players lined up, numerous trialists, leases, grounds, proud performances, positives around where ever you stand.

For me it’s wearing very thin, all talk next to no action. I give up on ground, they say it’ll happen .. whatever. BUT sick to death hearing same old garbage each week either official or rumour, players lined up, two in by weekend, one new face on Monday, working non stop, players lined up in every position ....... personally think now it’s just Billy Bullpoo ..... If we don’t strengthen this squad rapid and I’m not talking one maybe two players, we will sink quicker than The Titanic.

Danny, stop yaking, deliver some of these positives you seem to unearth each game.
Agree totally

MANNIMIST

Post by MANNIMIST » Sat Feb 08, 2020 11:18 pm

What's better - DS or Waddock's lack of communication with the fans, sulking in the dug-out with his arms crossed!
HE was enthusiastic, wasn't he?!

Reg's corner

Post by Reg's corner » Sat Feb 08, 2020 11:55 pm

Pretty much same feeling here.. Well it's a long term project.. As this seasons a right off, maybe next season.. Flip chart at the READY!

Mick Earls Fan Club

Post by Mick Earls Fan Club » Sun Feb 09, 2020 12:06 am

We need to see another power point presentation to get things in order.

scorp

Post by scorp » Sun Feb 09, 2020 12:45 am

Mick Earls Fan Club wrote:
Sun Feb 09, 2020 12:06 am
We need to see another power point presentation to get things in order.
That and/or a lot of positive vibrations. Ooer...

Dr Jim Royle

Post by Dr Jim Royle » Sun Feb 09, 2020 5:17 am

I know I shouldn't have bothered but just listened to Danny's post match thoughts regarding 'Pool defeat. All very well acknowledging the dismal performance but it is just a repeat of all other dismal performances this season excuses and exact same reasons given. Yet another threat of getting in new faces to strengthen and replace but we all know that just aint gonna happen.

I've NEVER known a Manager who seemingly has the go ahead to get players in from the BOD yet cannot sign anyone for umpteen excuses to why he struggles to do so. I repeat, he has told us of our superb network scouting system, long lists of players that suit, a "wanted list" of players right across the playing formation. Even the likes of Chorley can go out and sign 4/5 players in one hit to strengthen, just about every Club in our division can ............ bar us.

I think 95% of Shots fans have been saying all season this squad of ours is desperate for some new to come in and poor to ship out. We may argue the toss to who those players are or even how many needed but the only person failing to see it is our very own Manager and when the light does flicker on, he talks the talk but fails to walk the walk. And I expect to see in by this weekend ZERO players, because come Monday we'll hear Danny tell us after a day or so to get over defeat, there were plenty of positives that actually came out of the 'Pool defeat.

There is not one morsel of evidence our Club has improved since sacking GW, yes I know folk will say more points etc etc etc, but yet again I see same thing, sleep walking into relegation place, just happening at a different stage of season, but I fear outcome will be the same.

I have tried very hard to warm to Danny, but I'm not interested in his very long match days etc travelling from home, I accept in bar and days like Shot For A Day you come across as a jolly nice fella ...... all these things generally come with the job you accepted taking on. I am interested you start delivering what you keep saying though at your match comments etc, not say one thing in heat of moment then back track because you are a "positive" person ...... You said yesterday new blood needed and you told the players so ............ now get on and do it.

And YUP, I'm pretty peeved off, I can take defeats just not a load of old blarney spoken after, and I want to see evidence we are building a squad for next season that will be more competitive not just two or three players we are desperate to keep hold of and still yet to re-sign. And be a wonder if we can sign non injury prone players in any other additions we may be lucky to see this season or next.

Cue, the "glass half full" gang to rip into this rant of mine ....... knock yerselves out.

mountpleasant61

Post by mountpleasant61 » Sun Feb 09, 2020 5:36 am

Have to agree with everything written on this thread so what is the answer?
We are not going to get anywhere with what we've got, only the possibility of relegation.
I am sure that some of the supporters could do a better job of running this load of garbage than the BOD and manager who obviously have no money and no ideas.
As has been said, a new lease is on the way, a new ground is on the way, new players new this new that, but in reality all we are getting is new repeats of old promises. Well it's time for it all to stop and for once something positive to happen. I have no idea what but unless it does DOWN AND DOWN we go.

Josh

Post by Josh » Sun Feb 09, 2020 6:51 am

I'm sure he's trying to get players but he's got to get relatively decent players at a low cost.
Managed to get Bettamer and Tanner so hopefully can find a couple more.
The last manager signed many players with 2 lots of begging bowls and very few of the signings were any good.
Maybe not as easy as it looks.

Dr Jim Royle

Post by Dr Jim Royle » Sun Feb 09, 2020 8:09 am

I'm sure he's trying to get players but he's got to get relatively decent players at a low cost.
Managed to get Bettamer and Tanner so hopefully can find a couple more.
The last manager signed many players with 2 lots of begging bowls and very few of the signings were any good.
Maybe not as easy as it looks.
Agreed, GW signed quite a few duds ........... as has Danny. I repeat, this squad has not progressed in terms of improving, and don't forget In For A Shot is yet another way of fans donating monies to the cause.

ATFC henry

Post by ATFC henry » Sun Feb 09, 2020 8:20 am

We are all frustrated but let’s be realistic.

We have cut costs by 400k this year which has allowed us to hopefully break even this year and more importantly look after the long term future of the football club. I’m glad the board have realised the last few seasons are not sustainable and as a result are more frugal.

Our home form is very good and as a result the attendances are slightly up from last season. We have some winable home games to come in Woking, Dagenham,Torquay,ebbsfleet etc.

Whilst the lack of player movement is frustrating he is clearly trying to build a side on a very limited budget and this takes time, he mentioned at the forum on Thursday it’s very easy to get loads of loan players ala Chorley but we want players for next season. Say we keep 8/9 of the current squad add some quality to that over summer we will be in a better position next season I have no doubt.

I get everything is not perfect but I’m just trying to be realistic, I’m glad to hear Danny say we need some players in as I think we all agree we need some reinforcements particularly in midfield. A lot will also depend on the injuries to bettamer and Finney two key players for us but we are where we are, it is what it is (as a great man used to say).

Lastly I do find it amusing how everything the club do is lambasted by some, club don’t communicate enough, club communicate too much, we over spending we going bust, board don’t spend anything we are doomed, lease isn’t signed that’s never happening etc etc. I can see progress from last season albeit it’s slow but imo we are going in the right direction.

shotshammo

Post by shotshammo » Sun Feb 09, 2020 9:06 am

At last a realist, thank you ATFC henry.
What is it some people don't understand about £400,000 less to spend this season, to prevent us going bankrupt.
As much as I would like to see 3 new players come in to bolster the squad it ain't going to happen.
(Not with 12 games still to go)

Ian M

Post by Ian M » Sun Feb 09, 2020 9:25 am

MANNIMIST wrote:
Sat Feb 08, 2020 11:18 pm
What's better - DS or Waddock's lack of communication with the fans, sulking in the dug-out with his arms crossed!
HE was enthusiastic, wasn't he?!

Identical..... I look at the league table :D

WTF

Post by WTF » Sun Feb 09, 2020 9:32 am

ATFC henry wrote:
Sun Feb 09, 2020 8:20 am
We are all frustrated but let’s be realistic.

We have cut costs by 400k this year which has allowed us to hopefully break even this year and more importantly look after the long term future of the football club. I’m glad the board have realised the last few seasons are not sustainable and as a result are more frugal.

Our home form is very good and as a result the attendances are slightly up from last season. We have some winable home games to come in Woking, Dagenham,Torquay,ebbsfleet etc.

Whilst the lack of player movement is frustrating he is clearly trying to build a side on a very limited budget and this takes time, he mentioned at the forum on Thursday it’s very easy to get loads of loan players ala Chorley but we want players for next season. Say we keep 8/9 of the current squad add some quality to that over summer we will be in a better position next season I have no doubt.

I get everything is not perfect but I’m just trying to be realistic, I’m glad to hear Danny say we need some players in as I think we all agree we need some reinforcements particularly in midfield. A lot will also depend on the injuries to bettamer and Finney two key players for us but we are where we are, it is what it is (as a great man used to say).

Lastly I do find it amusing how everything the club do is lambasted by some, club don’t communicate enough, club communicate too much, we over spending we going bust, board don’t spend anything we are doomed, lease isn’t signed that’s never happening etc etc. I can see progress from last season albeit it’s slow but imo we are going in the right direction.
Yes we are all frustrated FOOTBALL FANS and that in reality is what we are interested in. So costs had to be cut by 400k this year? Who got us into having to do this? It wasn't us the supporters was it? The gates dropped as the football was so bad which we all witnessed so income dropped, staff had to be paid off, Chief Executive for example, with the Assistant Manager and the Manager. So in reality the pay offs should not be repeated? Or will it!

Yes communication has become a lot better with fans forums and updates, but what has been the main thrust? The ground redevelopment!, whilst the FOOTBALL has suffered badly. So much time and presumably money has been spent on the redevelopment that it appears the FOOTBALL has taken 2nd place, sadly.

I do not believe that DS is the man to lead us to where we should or want to be, a good talker but the talking needs to be on the pitch.

Like many many Shots FANS I do not want to see a shiny new ground with wonderful acoustics playing regional football, it will kill the support and we will end up with gates of 900 or less!