All talk, no action?

Post Reply
Oliver11
Posts: 15
Joined: Sat Sep 16, 2017 7:22 pm
Re: All talk, no action?

Post by Oliver11 » Mon Feb 10, 2020 12:14 pm

Dr Jim Royle wrote:
Mon Feb 10, 2020 5:58 am
I would add that waddocks additional spending more often than not came from the fans anyway... Golden ticket....!!
And as in previous seasons now, we have In For A Shot, so fan input financially is still having same impact as GW had. However at present unlike GW signing players seems to be big issue.
Its frustrating we haven't signed anyone to replace the recent departures but unlike Waddock Danny isn't signing every Tom, Dick and Harry on the off chance one of them is good which surely is better bet?

Last seasons car crash will take more than a season to recover from. Waddock's completely undid his previous good work in his final year albeit the board for giving him the money were to blame too.

Dr Jim Royle
Posts: 95
Joined: Mon Sep 12, 2011 6:21 am
Re: All talk, no action?

Post by Dr Jim Royle » Mon Feb 10, 2020 1:00 pm

unlike Waddock Danny isn't signing every Tom, Dick and Harry on the off chance one of them is good which surely is better bet?
Danny isn't signing anyone full stop ....... Managers live and die by their players, Waddock did and excusing Danny for not signing players will only lead to same fate...... IMHO.



I’m on my 3rd bag of crisps
Just had a packet of Golden Wonder, Cheese & Onion Ringo's ......... nostalgia rules :lol:

Anon E Mouse
Posts: 187
Joined: Mon Jan 15, 2007 1:29 pm
Re: All talk, no action?

Post by Anon E Mouse » Mon Feb 10, 2020 1:00 pm

Oliver11 wrote:
Mon Feb 10, 2020 12:14 pm
Dr Jim Royle wrote:
Mon Feb 10, 2020 5:58 am
I would add that waddocks additional spending more often than not came from the fans anyway... Golden ticket....!!
And as in previous seasons now, we have In For A Shot, so fan input financially is still having same impact as GW had. However at present unlike GW signing players seems to be big issue.
Its frustrating we haven't signed anyone to replace the recent departures but unlike Waddock Danny isn't signing every Tom, Dick and Harry on the off chance one of them is good which surely is better bet?

Last seasons car crash will take more than a season to recover from. Waddock's completely undid his previous good work in his final year albeit the board for giving him the money were to blame too.
I'm not going to bite :roll:

Oliver11
Posts: 15
Joined: Sat Sep 16, 2017 7:22 pm
Re: All talk, no action?

Post by Oliver11 » Mon Feb 10, 2020 1:12 pm

Dr Jim Royle wrote:
Mon Feb 10, 2020 1:00 pm
unlike Waddock Danny isn't signing every Tom, Dick and Harry on the off chance one of them is good which surely is better bet?
Danny isn't signing anyone full stop ....... Managers live and die by their players, Waddock did and excusing Danny for not signing players will only lead to same fate...... IMHO.



I’m on my 3rd bag of crisps
Just had a packet of Golden Wonder, Cheese & Onion Ringo's ......... nostalgia rules :lol:
In all honesty Danny could be playing it right and a calculated gamble overall by the club to save money.

Realistically we aren't making the playoffs and a few points from relegation so maybe going with what we've got and tighten the purse strings?

If we do go down then I'll eat my words but still blame Waddock :lol:

mountpleasant61
Posts: 13
Joined: Sun Oct 28, 2018 9:25 pm
Re: All talk, no action?

Post by mountpleasant61 » Mon Feb 10, 2020 2:06 pm

Well what a carry on.
Firstly I think YOU Richard Petty are just as bad as the rest of the BOD, will never admit when you are wrong so have a go or blame everyone else to take the spotlight off of yourself.
Your threads to WTF and ABEE to me are completely out of order.
They both put forward good points/ queries and you try to make it look as though they are creating trouble.
When I see that ABEE paid someones salary for a while I tend to believe what he says before I would believe someone like yourself who always appears to be covering someones b---side.
And as for people having a go at Abee because he is a Brentford man, so what? I am Aldershot through and through but many years ago lived in Streatham in South London. When Aldershot played them for any reason it was like a home match and I went to many of Brentfords games because I loved football, but that did not make me a traitor to Aldershot just someone enjoying the game.
Without getting too much back onto the subject, it does appear that SA was the person responsible for employing the CEO which as we all know was a disaster and cost the club a lot of money. I just ask, how come questions have not been asked as to how and why this was allowed to happen without comeback?

Richard Petty
Posts: 147
Joined: Wed Jan 10, 2007 11:12 pm
Location: Farnborough
Re: All talk, no action?

Post by Richard Petty » Mon Feb 10, 2020 2:45 pm

mountpleasant61 wrote:
Mon Feb 10, 2020 2:06 pm
Well what a carry on.
Firstly I think YOU Richard Petty are just as bad as the rest of the BOD, will never admit when you are wrong so have a go or blame everyone else to take the spotlight off of yourself.
Your threads to WTF and ABEE to me are completely out of order.
They both put forward good points/ queries and you try to make it look as though they are creating trouble.
When I see that ABEE paid someones salary for a while I tend to believe what he says before I would believe someone like yourself who always appears to be covering someones b---side.
And as for people having a go at Abee because he is a Brentford man, so what? I am Aldershot through and through but many years ago lived in Streatham in South London. When Aldershot played them for any reason it was like a home match and I went to many of Brentfords games because I loved football, but that did not make me a traitor to Aldershot just someone enjoying the game.
Without getting too much back onto the subject, it does appear that SA was the person responsible for employing the CEO which as we all know was a disaster and cost the club a lot of money. I just ask, how come questions have not been asked as to how and why this was allowed to happen without comeback?
Fair enough your entitled to your view although I do actually pride myself on never being afraid to admit if I am wrong and have done so on this board in the past if such has been the case.

Just a small point which is a bit puzzling though I left the club in January 2015 so why would I be trying to take the spotlight off me for something that no one has ever even suggested I had any involvement in and was in 2017 which was two years later.

Oliver11
Posts: 15
Joined: Sat Sep 16, 2017 7:22 pm
Re: All talk, no action?

Post by Oliver11 » Mon Feb 10, 2020 3:02 pm

mountpleasant61 wrote:
Mon Feb 10, 2020 2:06 pm
Well what a carry on.
Firstly I think YOU Richard Petty are just as bad as the rest of the BOD, will never admit when you are wrong so have a go or blame everyone else to take the spotlight off of yourself.
Your threads to WTF and ABEE to me are completely out of order.
They both put forward good points/ queries and you try to make it look as though they are creating trouble.
When I see that ABEE paid someones salary for a while I tend to believe what he says before I would believe someone like yourself who always appears to be covering someones b---side.
And as for people having a go at Abee because he is a Brentford man, so what? I am Aldershot through and through but many years ago lived in Streatham in South London. When Aldershot played them for any reason it was like a home match and I went to many of Brentfords games because I loved football, but that did not make me a traitor to Aldershot just someone enjoying the game.
Without getting too much back onto the subject, it does appear that SA was the person responsible for employing the CEO which as we all know was a disaster and cost the club a lot of money. I just ask, how come questions have not been asked as to how and why this was allowed to happen without comeback?
:shock: Mr Petty must be one of the most least offensive posters on here and unlike some, not one for arguing and extremely supportive of our club.

As for comeback on employing the CEO what are you expecting? SA to pay back the money himself or to sack himself from the board?

It was a mistake and we move on. If SA pulls off the redevelopment it'll be the greatest achievement of any chairman Aldershot have had, even out doing the late and ever popular John McGitty.

I'm sure you'll agree Mount a statue outside the ground of SA will be fitting once the final brick is laid :)

Birdman
Posts: 118
Joined: Wed Jan 10, 2007 9:47 am
Location: Aldershot
Re: All talk, no action?

Post by Birdman » Mon Feb 10, 2020 3:22 pm

mountpleasant61 wrote:
Mon Feb 10, 2020 2:06 pm
Well what a carry on.
Firstly I think YOU Richard Petty are just as bad as the rest of the BOD, will never admit when you are wrong so have a go or blame everyone else to take the spotlight off of yourself.
Your threads to WTF and ABEE to me are completely out of order.
They both put forward good points/ queries and you try to make it look as though they are creating trouble.
When I see that ABEE paid someones salary for a while I tend to believe what he says before I would believe someone like yourself who always appears to be covering someones b---side.
And as for people having a go at Abee because he is a Brentford man, so what? I am Aldershot through and through but many years ago lived in Streatham in South London. When Aldershot played them for any reason it was like a home match and I went to many of Brentfords games because I loved football, but that did not make me a traitor to Aldershot just someone enjoying the game.
Without getting too much back onto the subject, it does appear that SA was the person responsible for employing the CEO which as we all know was a disaster and cost the club a lot of money. I just ask, how come questions have not been asked as to how and why this was allowed to happen without comeback?
Maybe the organisers of the two recent Fans Forums mislaid your emailed questions?

You did email some in ...... didn’t you?

Shots1954
Posts: 19
Joined: Wed Aug 09, 2017 6:31 pm
Re: All talk, no action?

Post by Shots1954 » Mon Feb 10, 2020 4:56 pm

Birdman wrote:
Mon Feb 10, 2020 3:22 pm
mountpleasant61 wrote:
Mon Feb 10, 2020 2:06 pm
Well what a carry on.
Firstly I think YOU Richard Petty are just as bad as the rest of the BOD, will never admit when you are wrong so have a go or blame everyone else to take the spotlight off of yourself.
Your threads to WTF and ABEE to me are completely out of order.
They both put forward good points/ queries and you try to make it look as though they are creating trouble.
When I see that ABEE paid someones salary for a while I tend to believe what he says before I would believe someone like yourself who always appears to be covering someones b---side.
And as for people having a go at Abee because he is a Brentford man, so what? I am Aldershot through and through but many years ago lived in Streatham in South London. When Aldershot played them for any reason it was like a home match and I went to many of Brentfords games because I loved football, but that did not make me a traitor to Aldershot just someone enjoying the game.
Without getting too much back onto the subject, it does appear that SA was the person responsible for employing the CEO which as we all know was a disaster and cost the club a lot of money. I just ask, how come questions have not been asked as to how and why this was allowed to happen without comeback?
Maybe the organisers of the two recent Fans Forums mislaid your emailed questions?

You did email some in ...... didn’t you?
A small question Birdman, how was he supposed to ask the question for the forum last Thursday when the issue of the appointment of the CEO and who appointed as I understand, only came out over this last weekend?

Birdman
Posts: 118
Joined: Wed Jan 10, 2007 9:47 am
Location: Aldershot
Re: All talk, no action?

Post by Birdman » Mon Feb 10, 2020 5:55 pm

The CEO issue has been mentioned at a previous FF and on here ‘more than once’.The opportunity to ask said questions were available to him (in the current FF format) at the November forum and of course last Thursday’s. The issue isn’t new although there may now be a bit more detail.
Maybe what I also should have asked was ‘who was he aiming his question at’?

Cph.shots
Posts: 46
Joined: Tue Jan 09, 2007 8:44 pm
Location: Copenhagen, Denmark
Re: All talk, no action?

Post by Cph.shots » Mon Feb 10, 2020 8:14 pm

mountpleasant61 wrote:
Mon Feb 10, 2020 2:06 pm
Well what a carry on.
Firstly I think YOU Richard Petty are just as bad as the rest of the BOD, will never admit when you are wrong so have a go or blame everyone else to take the spotlight off of yourself. Could you clarify how RP bears any responsibility for this?
Your threads to WTF and ABEE to me are completely out of order.
They both put forward good points/ queries and you try to make it look as though they are creating trouble.Could you clarify where RP has been "out of order" All I can see is that he has put forward his side of an issue in an eloquent and polite way as always.
Could it be that it's "out of order" purely because you don't agree with it and it doesn't fit your agenda?

When I see that ABEE paid someones salary for a while I tend to believe what he says before I would believe someone like yourself who always appears to be covering someones b---side. So fact's don't come in to it, its just a matter of choosing which narrative fit's your views?
And as for people having a go at Abee because he is a Brentford man, so what? I am Aldershot through and through but many years ago lived in Streatham in South London. When Aldershot played them for any reason it was like a home match and I went to many of Brentfords games because I loved football, but that did not make me a traitor to Aldershot just someone enjoying the game. Having ago? He mentioned it!
Without getting too much back onto the subject, it does appear that SA was the person responsible for employing the CEO which as we all know was a disaster and cost the club a lot of money. I just ask, how come questions have not been asked as to how and why this was allowed to happen without comeback? Why don't you ask SA yourself ?

SHOTSMAN68
Posts: 30
Joined: Mon Mar 04, 2019 5:43 pm
Re: All talk, no action?

Post by SHOTSMAN68 » Tue Feb 11, 2020 12:22 am

Dr Jim Royle wrote:
Sat Feb 08, 2020 9:33 pm
We seem to be one of the best clubs in our league for talk, forums, media videos pre and post match, Eastbank Weekly, Twitter, Facebook ... You name it, our Club talks it. Players lined up, numerous trialists, leases, grounds, proud performances, positives around where ever you stand.

For me it’s wearing very thin, all talk next to no action. I give up on ground, they say it’ll happen .. whatever. BUT sick to death hearing same old garbage each week either official or rumour, players lined up, two in by weekend, one new face on Monday, working non stop, players lined up in every position ....... personally think now it’s just Billy Bullpoo ..... If we don’t strengthen this squad rapid and I’m not talking one maybe two players, we will sink quicker than The Titanic.

Danny, stop yaking, deliver some of these positives you seem to unearth each game.
quote poster sick to death of hearing the same old garbage / its wearing thin

Thought dannys talk at the forum was rather limp he called it his twist on whatever he usually says,well if i had been him i would have addressed the people there by saying, i know ive been coming in for lots of stick but im trying my best to get things right under very difficult circustances .
Rather than asking the people there to say what there idea as to how they viewed the club as fans, on that silly board like being back in primary school, negatives and positives, just couldnt see the point.
Then the picture came up on the screen of the eastbank full, the eastbank will never be full ever again unless we get a home tie to play a premier team in the cup and how likely will that be.
And even we we get a redeveloped ground the east bank will never be full unless we get a cup tie against a premier club.
So if we manage to stay up this year what will be the difference between playing staff this year and next year if no money is available, or will there be money made available for new players,or loan players we all know the problem regarding loan players they go back to there respective clubs and sit on the bench.
I will be at the next home game with my brother and my son and expect to see some PASSION that was one of the words on the board and if i see that i shall keep going.

SHOTSMAN68
Posts: 30
Joined: Mon Mar 04, 2019 5:43 pm
Re: All talk, no action?

Post by SHOTSMAN68 » Tue Feb 11, 2020 1:02 am

And a ps to my last post
Also mentioned at the forum was keeping the town clean of litter
Well i reckon any player who didnt get at least a seven in the ratings against hartlepool should be sent out around the town litter picking somewhen around 4 when the schools come out they can wear there full kit plus trainers and see how many of the young folk and others they can get to come to the boreham wood game this coming saturday ? thats if they are not to knackered after training.

mountpleasant61
Posts: 13
Joined: Sun Oct 28, 2018 9:25 pm
Re: All talk, no action?

Post by mountpleasant61 » Tue Feb 11, 2020 3:11 am

Say what you want, especially all you SA puppets
I was actually meaning that Richard Petty seems to cover other peoples b---sides as do many other people on here.
My question and concern is, that it now seems certain that SA was responsible for the wasted money on the CEO yet up till now it has been covered up.
Why has it been covered up? plus the full cost is still not known. then we wonder why the kitty is low as it did not come out of any persons pocket only the clubs kitty, and if the dream of the lease new stadium etc etc does ever happen what is to stop SA doing things off of his own back again.
As has been said this could be the chance of a lifetime, but going by the performance of the BOD and all concerned so far I can only see a disaster happening.
I can honestly say that I was unaware that I could e mail questions in for the FF.I would appreciate if someone could explain how to do it.
The bottom line is, I just want Aldershot Football Club to be back in the league with a nice ground ( WHERE IT IS AT THE REC) as do all true Shots fans.
The Rec is ALDERSHOT FC. and no other names fit it.
The having a go at Abee was someone saying he should not go on the thread because he is a Brentford man, SO WHAT? Do I understand correctly that ATFC asked him to help sort out all the paperwork? surely if he is good enough for that he should not be denied his views on the threads.

ACA
Posts: 23
Joined: Wed Jan 10, 2007 12:54 am
Re: All talk, no action?

Post by ACA » Tue Feb 11, 2020 8:27 am

You might not like an explanation, but that doesn't mean Richard is trying to cover things up or protect people. It's important to have different perspectives on this message board and Richard is able to offer a particular insight, given his previous roles within the club. Abee also has an insight into the workings of the club; however, that doesn't make one view any more or less valid than the other.

As for your "SA puppets" comment, just because you try to trivialise someone's opinion doesn't mean its irrelevant. It's an allegation that could be levelled at people such as yourself, who seem to very readily agree with everything posters like Abee say because it happens to accord with your own view on things. All I've seen from Abee and Richard on this thread is a frank exchange of views and each of them offers an interesting perspective - yet apparently, one of them is "out of order" and the other is entitled to his opinion. To me, that seems to be playing the man and not the ball (i.e. attacking the poster because you don't agree with his message).


Post Reply