All talk, no action?

shotshammo
Re: All talk, no action?

Post by shotshammo » Tue Feb 11, 2020 8:44 am

Come on everyone give us a break.
If I worried about all the mistakes I've made in my life, I'd have no time to worry about the future.
Let he who has not sinned throw the first stone.
Ouch! who threw that? :lol:

Cph.shots

Post by Cph.shots » Tue Feb 11, 2020 9:49 am

mountpleasant61 wrote:
Tue Feb 11, 2020 3:11 am
Say what you want, especially all you SA puppets That's very gracious of you MP.So anyone who doesn't hav the same opinion as you is a "SA puppet?
I was actually meaning that Richard Petty seems to cover other peoples b---sides as do many other people on here.I presume the blanks are there to hide a profanity, can't find one that fits but why do you feel the need to use words that need blanks?
My question and concern is, that it now seems certain that SA was responsible for the wasted money on the CEO yet up till now it has been covered up.
Why has it been covered up? plus the full cost is still not known. then we wonder why the kitty is low as it did not come out of any persons pocket only the clubs kitty, and if the dream of the lease new stadium etc etc does ever happen what is to stop SA doing things off of his own back again.
As has been said this could be the chance of a lifetime, but going by the performance of the BOD and all concerned so far I can only see a disaster happening.
I can honestly say that I was unaware that I could e mail questions in for the FF.I would appreciate if someone could explain how to do it.
The bottom line is, I just want Aldershot Football Club to be back in the league with a nice ground ( WHERE IT IS AT THE REC) as do all true Shots fans.
The Rec is ALDERSHOT FC. and no other names fit it.
The having a go at Abee was someone? saying he should not go on the thread because he is a Brentford man, SO WHAT? Do I understand correctly that ATFC asked him to help sort out all the paperwork? surely if he is good enough for that he should not be denied his views on the threads. I've reread the thread and can't see anyone telling him that ABEE can't post?

Mark.Butler

Post by Mark.Butler » Tue Feb 11, 2020 11:06 am

Oliver11 wrote:
Mon Feb 10, 2020 12:14 pm
Dr Jim Royle wrote:
Mon Feb 10, 2020 5:58 am
I would add that waddocks additional spending more often than not came from the fans anyway... Golden ticket....!!
And as in previous seasons now, we have In For A Shot, so fan input financially is still having same impact as GW had. However at present unlike GW signing players seems to be big issue.
Its frustrating we haven't signed anyone to replace the recent departures but unlike Waddock Danny isn't signing every Tom, Dick and Harry on the off chance one of them is good which surely is better bet?

Last seasons car crash will take more than a season to recover from. Waddock's completely undid his previous good work in his final year albeit the board for giving him the money were to blame too.
Two things here Gents
Jim: You are wrong we have raised £160 for the club with 'In with a Shot' after 3 weeks. Also GW like other managers would have had Cash for Shots! (which Danny hasn't had)
so 'In with a Shot' is direct replacement for that and hasn't even kicked in yet.
Oliver: Can you imagine if the board did NOT give the manager the Golden ticket money after the whole concept was about getting players!

Just a couple of observations, now what you both can do is sign up for 'In with a Shot' you never know you might win!! :D :D

mountpleasant61

Post by mountpleasant61 » Tue Feb 11, 2020 11:14 am

To Cph.shots.
Read Richard Petty Sunday 9th.
You can read it whatever way you like but I read it as not being welcome.
And congrats, you can count, I missed out one blank. If you cannot work out what the word is, it is BACKSIDES which is a more polite way of saying ARSEHOLES

Cph.shots

Post by Cph.shots » Tue Feb 11, 2020 12:03 pm

mountpleasant61 wrote:
Tue Feb 11, 2020 11:14 am
To Cph.shots.
Read Richard Petty Sunday 9th.
You can read it whatever way you like but I read it as not being welcome. As others have pointed out, you twist Richard's comments to fit your narrative.
And congrats, you can count, I missed out one blank. If you cannot work out what the word is, it is BACKSIDES which is a more polite way of saying ARSEHOLES Thanks for clarifying that, I didn't realise "Backsides" was a naughty word. Pretty sure the second one is though! :D

TopShot

Post by TopShot » Tue Feb 11, 2020 1:51 pm

Whomever made the decision on the CEO, board, chairman, adviser, whoever... this is done, the debt has been swallowed by the club and the club are now cutting back the budget to overcome this issue.

I think Abee and Richard Petty have aired both of their view on this, probably not in the best way in my own personal opinion, but this isn't time to take sides with anyone because one person says what you want to hear and i mean that with no disrespect to either posters.

Yes that salary and other costs would have been better used elsewhere but hindsight is a wonderful thing and at the end of the day they are not our decisions to make. The board made a mistake, they have held their hands up and admitted it in a previous fans forum.

The bigger question is the overall budget for the club. We know we have overspent as a club and we are now paying the penalty. Unless I am mistaken we don't have a board with limitless funds that can be thrown after any issue.

Players not good enough.... buy new players
Tactics not good enough .... get a new manager
Stadium costing tens of thousands every year..... build a new stadium.

Yes we have overspent but I would rather see us under spend for the next few years until at least we can see the new stadium bringing in a return.

Other than throwing money at something to try and gain a good league position, promotion, cup runs etc and then ending with a massive debt where we could quite easily lose the club again.

Cph.shots

Post by Cph.shots » Tue Feb 11, 2020 2:27 pm

TopShot wrote:
Tue Feb 11, 2020 1:51 pm
Whomever made the decision on the CEO, board, chairman, adviser, whoever... this is done, the debt has been swallowed by the club and the club are now cutting back the budget to overcome this issue.

I think Abee and Richard Petty have aired both of their view on this, probably not in the best way in my own personal opinion, but this isn't time to take sides with anyone because one person says what you want to hear and i mean that with no disrespect to either posters.

Yes that salary and other costs would have been better used elsewhere but hindsight is a wonderful thing and at the end of the day they are not our decisions to make. The board made a mistake, they have held their hands up and admitted it in a previous fans forum.

The bigger question is the overall budget for the club. We know we have overspent as a club and we are now paying the penalty. Unless I am mistaken we don't have a board with limitless funds that can be thrown after any issue.

Yes we have overspent but I would rather see us under spend for the next few years until at least we can see the new stadium bringing in a return.

Other than throwing money at something to try and gain a good league position, promotion, cup runs etc and then ending with a massive debt where we could quite easily lose the club again.
Good sensible post Topshot.

Birdman

Post by Birdman » Tue Feb 11, 2020 2:32 pm

Cph.shots wrote:
Tue Feb 11, 2020 2:27 pm
TopShot wrote:
Tue Feb 11, 2020 1:51 pm

Good sensible post Topshot.
Yeah, I know, Cph. I’m gonna get ‘im banned. Damned troublemaker. :roll:

Dr Jim Royle

Post by Dr Jim Royle » Tue Feb 11, 2020 2:53 pm

Jim: You are wrong we have raised £160 for the club with 'In with a Shot' after 3 weeks. Also GW like other managers would have had Cash for Shots! (which Danny hasn't had)
so 'In with a Shot' is direct replacement for that and hasn't even kicked in yet.
Cheers Butts, fully appreciate that and will be supporting latest money raising fund as done other previously. My point was more in support of BOD which back all our Managers.

BUT me main point of this thread was frustration of hearing of signings only to fall off the radar quicker than a Liberal Democratic Rule The Country Campaign.

As for the bitching some folk are lowering themselves down to, get a life chaps.

Reg's corner

Post by Reg's corner » Tue Feb 11, 2020 3:26 pm

Yes agree. I've re read a couple of times and can't actually work out what the 'argument' is about.. 😄 Can someone summerise please..? 😄

WTF

Post by WTF » Tue Feb 11, 2020 6:11 pm

Cph.shots wrote:
Mon Feb 10, 2020 10:13 am
WTF wrote:
Sun Feb 09, 2020 12:59 pm
Richard Petty wrote:
Sun Feb 09, 2020 12:53 pm

Please don't try and change the argument ABEE. No One has ever blamed you for the choice of person, I certainly haven't, what I and others question in hindsight is whether we ever needed "Anyone" in that role. Only those who worked closely with Laura can judge if she was the right person or not and if she wasn't then yes that's a recruitment issue if she was but the role was unnecessary that's a different matter.

But regardless of being "sick of it" you have for ages tried to distance your self from the decision to employ a General Manager in the first place and that a bit out of order
Is that YOU or WE as the board speaking?

Sorry you are out of order talking to Abee like that.
Like What? Richard Is just relaying facts thant he knows and has experienced in a polit and correct manner, nothing at all wrong with what he has said or how he has said it.
Really? Oh well that's alright then. Happy Days!

SHOTSMAN68

Post by SHOTSMAN68 » Tue Feb 11, 2020 8:06 pm

Dear J R
I hope your happy with your all talk no action thread ?
Ive never been so confused in all my life, did you understand it all ?
jim next time you post a thread could you stipulate that its kept to what you have posted in the first inst ?

mental health seminar needs bringing forward to an earlier date i think ?

Dr Jim Royle

Post by Dr Jim Royle » Wed Feb 12, 2020 4:27 am

Dear J R
jim next time you post a thread could you stipulate that its kept to what you have posted in the first inst ?

Dear All

Note to ones self .......... Thread Topic Heading to stipulate debate in more detail.

Usually love the banter between Abee & Richard Petty, both guys love reading their opinions ......... even they have had mini spat due to me.

Then there has been the Under 8's bitching at each other, name calling, flexing vocal muscles etc.

Even Butts, contributing.

So today I'm gonna give meself a dozen lashings ............ deservedly !!

REMINDER, this topic is about our ability to sign (or not) players at our Club ............ if yer don't wanna talk about that, pick another thread.

:shock: 8) :lol:

mountpleasant61

Post by mountpleasant61 » Wed Feb 12, 2020 5:42 am

That's that all sewn up then

Cph.shots

Post by Cph.shots » Wed Feb 12, 2020 8:56 am

Dr Jim Royle wrote:
Wed Feb 12, 2020 4:27 am
Dear J R

Dear All

Note to ones self .......... Thread Topic Heading to stipulate debate in more detail.

Usually love the banter between Abee & Richard Petty, both guys love reading their opinions ......... even they have had mini spat due to me.

Then there has been the Under 8's bitching at each other, name calling, flexing vocal muscles etc.

Even Butts, contributing.

So today I'm gonna give meself a dozen lashings ............ deservedly !!

REMINDER, this topic is about our ability to sign (or not) players at our Club ............ if yer don't wanna talk about that, pick another thread.

Isn't that all part of the idea of this format, a dicussion develops, maybe it didn't go the way you intended but you you don't "own" it.
The admins can supervise the language, tone and general content if they feel it necessary.
personaly, I thought the contributions from RP and ABEE were very informative and didn't go close to being offensive.
From there it went a bit down hill, I grant you but that was still just handbags and can be easily sprung over.
I think it was great that Butts popped by.
As for the lashing, you shouldn't need an excuse for that if it floats your boat :D