Corona Virus

Portly Stilton Shot
Corona Virus

Post by Portly Stilton Shot » Mon Mar 02, 2020 11:17 am

It's been muted on BBC News that mass gatherings, including sporting events, may be cancelled to avoid the spread of corona virus. This seems already to have started with Ireland cancelling their 6-Nations game against Italy. Therefore how long before our beloved football becomes under threat?

But just a minute? When does such a move begin to contravene peoples' rights and freedom of choice? What do you call mass gatherings? Close shops and put the nail in the coffin of a dying high street? I can't believe the spread of such a virus will be stopped, merely slowed. If this virus is akin to influenza in its severity then surely better to have it, endure it, survive it and move on that to disrupt our whole way of life?

Anon E Mouse
Re: Corona Virus

Post by Anon E Mouse » Mon Mar 02, 2020 12:39 pm

Portly Stilton Shot wrote:
Mon Mar 02, 2020 11:17 am
It's been muted on BBC News that mass gatherings, including sporting events, may be cancelled to avoid the spread of corona virus. This seems already to have started with Ireland cancelling their 6-Nations game against Italy. Therefore how long before our beloved football becomes under threat?

But just a minute? When does such a move begin to contravene peoples' rights and freedom of choice? What do you call mass gatherings? Close shops and put the nail in the coffin of a dying high street? I can't believe the spread of such a virus will be stopped, merely slowed. If this virus is akin to influenza in its severity then surely better to have it, endure it, survive it and move on that to disrupt our whole way of life?
Banning mass gatherings ? That wont affect our matches then :lol: #keeptheeastbankhalfempty

Shots91

Post by Shots91 » Mon Mar 02, 2020 12:39 pm

It's called they need to man up and let life go on as normal. It's just being over dramatised from the media again, I guess they need something new to concentrate on and scare people and send them into panic since they got no Brexit to go on about anymore.
My thing is people just need to take more care if going to a football match etc.. just making sure you have your hands clean and if your not well then just dont go until your better.

They don't need to ruin it for everyone just because a handful of people have got the illness.

scorp

Post by scorp » Mon Mar 02, 2020 12:53 pm

Shots91 wrote:
Mon Mar 02, 2020 12:39 pm
It's called they need to man up and let life go on as normal. It's just being over dramatised from the media again, I guess they need something new to concentrate on and scare people and send them into panic since they got no Brexit to go on about anymore.
My thing is people just need to take more care if going to a football match etc.. just making sure you have your hands clean and if your not well then just dont go until your better.

They don't need to ruin it for everyone just because a handful of people have got the illness.
Tune changing on the way ;)

It's the economy/supply chains/lack of products and parts from all and sundry.

But hey President Twumpy says it's all under control, and he's always right. Oh wait...

shots1965

Post by shots1965 » Mon Mar 02, 2020 6:06 pm

Survive it maybe..but you can catch it again
Catching it once, and surviving doesn’t give you immunity

Alex

Post by Alex » Mon Mar 02, 2020 6:11 pm

Shots91 wrote:
Mon Mar 02, 2020 12:39 pm

This.

I’m as fed up of hearing about this as much as I am hearing/reading stuff re a poxy train on the Watercress Line!

scorp

Post by scorp » Mon Mar 02, 2020 6:20 pm

"If this virus is akin to influenza in its severity..."

Don't pay any attention to what President Twumpy [and similar types] has said about it, with one exception, though i doubt Twumpy has heard of it: the spanish flu of 1918.

Dr Jim Royle

Post by Dr Jim Royle » Mon Mar 02, 2020 7:30 pm

In my medical opinion, the Independent World Health Authority have the Corona as the highest level risk to life as possible.

Now much as I feel reassured there are a few soldiers on here that scoff such warnings, I also watch The Walking Dead ........... a documentary regarding a virus that turns some folk into crazed looking brain dead people that stumble around aimlessly, bit like Woeking fans.

So, at the moment I'm not thinking I'm doomed and gonna end up shuffling around The Peacock Centre BUT, the moment I get even a sniff of Man Flu I'm quarantining meself away from work for two weeks and hoping Cheltenham Festival not affected.

Lazio

Post by Lazio » Mon Mar 02, 2020 7:31 pm

Biggest funeral director listed on the stock exchange is Dignity, could well be worth a punt.

scorp

Post by scorp » Mon Mar 02, 2020 8:15 pm

Dr Jim Royle wrote:
Mon Mar 02, 2020 7:30 pm
In my medical opinion, the Independent World Health Authority have the Corona as the highest level risk to life as possible.

Now much as I feel reassured there are a few soldiers on here that scoff such warnings, I also watch The Walking Dead ........... a documentary regarding a virus that turns some folk into crazed looking brain dead people that stumble around aimlessly, bit like Woeking fans.

So, at the moment I'm not thinking I'm doomed and gonna end up shuffling around The Peacock Centre BUT, the moment I get even a sniff of Man Flu I'm quarantining meself away from work for two weeks and hoping Cheltenham Festival not affected.
Talking of soldiers ... more than 300 Canadian soldiers never made it to WWI France, or back to Canada alive. They got as far as Bramshott, east Hampshire. Then they caught the Spanish flu, which was not an ordinary flu, as you may know. It's on a par with coronovirus ...
https://www.alamy.com/bramshott-hampshi ... 33709.html

Heron wood shot 1964

Post by Heron wood shot 1964 » Mon Mar 02, 2020 9:00 pm

Don’t worry about corona virus the shots won’t get more than 1600 on sat so no mass gathering game on

scorp

Post by scorp » Tue Mar 03, 2020 1:10 am

Heron wood shot 1964 wrote:
Mon Mar 02, 2020 9:00 pm
Don’t worry about corona virus the shots won’t get more than 1600 on sat so no mass gathering game on
We're fine until ... the Woking game.

lanternhall

Post by lanternhall » Tue Mar 03, 2020 2:32 am

scorp wrote:
Mon Mar 02, 2020 8:15 pm
Dr Jim Royle wrote:
Mon Mar 02, 2020 7:30 pm

Talking of soldiers ... more than 300 Canadian soldiers never made it to WWI France, or back to Canada alive. They got as far as Bramshott, east Hampshire. Then they caught the Spanish flu, which was not an ordinary flu, as you may know. It's on a par with coronovirus ...
https://www.alamy.com/bramshott-hampshi ... 33709.html
No it's not. The majority of people who catch coronovirus have mild symptoms and make a complete recovery. The deaths are of people with existing medical conditions, the old and very young. Exactly the same as flu..

Anon E Mouse

Post by Anon E Mouse » Tue Mar 03, 2020 9:29 am

scorp wrote:
Tue Mar 03, 2020 1:10 am
Heron wood shot 1964 wrote:
Mon Mar 02, 2020 9:00 pm
We're fine until ... the Woking game.
Even that’s fine. Will stand in with the Woking fans. Job done. :D
(A few others on here too I reckon) :wink:

Shot By Both Sides

Post by Shot By Both Sides » Tue Mar 03, 2020 9:39 am

What do you call mass gatherings?
Orgies usually.