Trouts
Re: Corona Virus

Post by Trouts » Mon May 25, 2020 6:51 pm

Mytshot wrote:
Mon May 25, 2020 5:33 pm
Crowthorne wrote:
Mon May 25, 2020 5:29 pm
A very very slow car crash.
Which indeed it could've been if he was unfortunate enough to have an accident while he drove his wife and child for an hour to a well known beauty spot (on his wife's birthday) to "test his eyesight". Come on, we've all done it.
which is actually a criminal offence by the way

Somerset Shot

Post by Somerset Shot » Mon May 25, 2020 7:19 pm

Trouts wrote:
Mon May 25, 2020 6:51 pm
Mytshot wrote:
Mon May 25, 2020 5:33 pm
Crowthorne wrote:
Mon May 25, 2020 5:29 pm
A very very slow car crash.
Which indeed it could've been if he was unfortunate enough to have an accident while he drove his wife and child for an hour to a well known beauty spot (on his wife's birthday) to "test his eyesight". Come on, we've all done it.
which is actually a criminal offence by the way
Only for those of us who are not above the law.

redblueuptoyou

Post by redblueuptoyou » Mon May 25, 2020 7:46 pm

Car showrooms and outdoor markets to open from 1 June, ‘non-essential’ shops from 15 June.

Still no news on when we can see more than one family member.

Shotto

Post by Shotto » Mon May 25, 2020 8:38 pm

redblueuptoyou wrote:
Mon May 25, 2020 7:46 pm
Still no news on when we can see more than one family member.
Maybe you missed it! If you're a Tory party employee, you can see who you want, when you want. Advice for other political affiliations is pending :?

Aldershot_Rob

Post by Aldershot_Rob » Mon May 25, 2020 8:51 pm

So from June 15th, carry on life as normal, just 2 meters apart from everyone

Shot By Both Sides

Post by Shot By Both Sides » Mon May 25, 2020 10:41 pm

Just remember the next time you visit a castle it's now officially known as a test drive.

Shotto

Post by Shotto » Mon May 25, 2020 10:52 pm

Shot By Both Sides wrote:
Mon May 25, 2020 10:41 pm
Just remember the next time you visit a castle it's now officially known as a test drive.
As part of NHS cost cutting, all eye tests will now involve a 30 mile car journey. Those who return safely will have successfully passed their eye test!

lanternhall

Post by lanternhall » Tue May 26, 2020 5:41 am

As people know on here, I am anti this government but I would post the following if it was a Labour government.
Cummings and Johnson think we are all a bunch of idiots with the intelligence of a six year old.
How on earth do you justify driving 30 miles to test your eye sight?

If Cummings does not resign or is dismissed then there is something very wrong. He should have been gone by now.
It appears that he is unaccountable for his actions.

Aldershot_Rob

Post by Aldershot_Rob » Tue May 26, 2020 9:23 am

Playing devils advocate....

If shops are to reopen on the 15th June, is it really any worse when people are heading to the beach? At least at the beach you have space to move around and keep your distance. in shops you are confined to those walls and even with limiting the people coming in, you're still restricted .
With schools reopening and work seemingly going back to normal, is it any wonder people are flocking to the coast and as long as they adhere to the 2m rule, are they doing any harm?

Chobham Shot

Post by Chobham Shot » Tue May 26, 2020 9:25 am

lanternhall wrote:
Tue May 26, 2020 5:41 am
As people know on here, I am anti this government but I would post the following if it was a Labour government.
Cummings and Johnson think we are all a bunch of idiots with the intelligence of a six year old.

If Cummings does not resign or is dismissed then there is something very wrong. He should have been gone by now.
Indeed Paul, it's the same as saying I'm not sure if I have a nut allergy but I'll polish off a whole pack of dry roasted to check.

Charles Dickens

Post by Charles Dickens » Tue May 26, 2020 10:03 am

At least the Dominic Cummins saga has brought the Government and Brexit haters out into the open.For example the Bishop of Worcester`s tirade against DC caused him to splutter when challenged about the spirit of Christian forgiveness, he decided in desperation not to refer to his bible but to the great words of Desmond Tutu etc, etc. No wonder the C of E is in trouble, time for the Bishops and the Archbishop to get back to their day jobs.

lanternhall

Post by lanternhall » Tue May 26, 2020 10:46 am

Aldershot_Rob wrote:
Tue May 26, 2020 9:23 am
Playing devils advocate....

If shops are to reopen on the 15th June, is it really any worse when people are heading to the beach? At least at the beach you have space to move around and keep your distance. in shops you are confined to those walls and even with limiting the people coming in, you're still restricted .
With schools reopening and work seemingly going back to normal, is it any wonder people are flocking to the coast and as long as they adhere to the 2m rule, are they doing any harm?
But a lot of them are not adhering to the 2m rule. I sincerely hope that I am wrong but I think that like Germany we will see a second wave. It will be through people's stupidity.

Shots1954

Post by Shots1954 » Tue May 26, 2020 11:03 am

Chobham Shot wrote:
Tue May 26, 2020 9:25 am
lanternhall wrote:
Tue May 26, 2020 5:41 am

Indeed Paul, it's the same as saying I'm not sure if I have a nut allergy but I'll polish off a whole pack of dry roasted to check.
Agree with you both there! I hope Cummings goes quickly!

Steve Pink

Post by Steve Pink » Tue May 26, 2020 11:08 am

Lanternhall
This might be a first for me but I agree 100% with your last post and also the fact that Cummings MUST GO.!!!!!!

Birdman

Post by Birdman » Tue May 26, 2020 11:15 am

Shotto wrote:
Mon May 25, 2020 10:52 pm
Shot By Both Sides wrote:
Mon May 25, 2020 10:41 pm
As part of NHS cost cutting, all eye tests will now involve a 30 mile car journey. Those who return safely will have successfully passed their eye test!
I think that you’d need to get a certificate from a garage though as confirmation.