Corona Virus

Pip@B
Re: Corona Virus

Post by Pip@B » Thu Mar 26, 2020 4:13 pm

Lazio wrote:
Thu Mar 26, 2020 2:54 pm
Seen many nurses walking around/shopping etc wearing their uniforms, when I did my general nursing secondment the ward sister would have gone mad at you. Cross infection standards need observing at all times.
Been going on for years,my mother in law would have been one of those ward sisters.

Preston Shot

Post by Preston Shot » Thu Mar 26, 2020 4:21 pm

China has now realised that they still need to do more to prevent another outbreak there and have stopped all foreign travel back into China.
This could be a merry go round and could last for a lot longer than we think.

Lazio

Post by Lazio » Thu Mar 26, 2020 4:35 pm

Birdman wrote:
Thu Mar 26, 2020 4:11 pm
Lazio wrote:
Seen many nurses walking around/shopping etc wearing their uniforms, when I did my general nursing secondment the ward sister would have gone mad at you. Cross infection standards need observing at all times.
Not a new phenomenon, Lazio, it’s been happening for quite a few years. This pandemic just makes it more noticeable.
I know Birdie its nearly 35 years since I did general nursing.

Shotto

Post by Shotto » Thu Mar 26, 2020 4:57 pm

Lazio wrote:
Thu Mar 26, 2020 4:35 pm
Birdman wrote:
Thu Mar 26, 2020 4:11 pm
Lazio wrote:
Not a new phenomenon, Lazio, it’s been happening for quite a few years. This pandemic just makes it more noticeable.
I know Birdie its nearly 35 years since I did general nursing.
35 years ago community nurse numbers were just a fraction of what they are today, with more care delivered in the home these days. I doubt you'll find many ward nurses walking round Tesco's after a 12 hour shift.
Don't forget, most carers from private care agencies also wear nursing type tunics, but they aren't nurses! Feel free to have a pop though!

Lazio

Post by Lazio » Thu Mar 26, 2020 5:28 pm

If you think I am having a pop that's up to you. Do you honestly think after working in the health service for over 30 years that I don't know nurses from many areas and specialties? also I have worked in the community with and alongside district nurses. When you talk about private care agencies you say they are not nurses wrong.
Many of these people are qualified nurses working in nursing or care homes as well as NHS hospitals. I have seen with my own eyes uniformed staff doing exactly as I said before and after working in elderly care units with the most vulnerable to infection.
Probably best to check your facts before having a 'pop' at an experienced qualified nurse.

Trouts

Post by Trouts » Thu Mar 26, 2020 5:46 pm

aaaah more bickering on here.
things haven't changed that much then...

Pip@B

Post by Pip@B » Thu Mar 26, 2020 8:21 pm

Just listened to Ed Balls,came across as very positive about what the UKGOV are doing.Just what the country needs,politicians from all parties pulling together.Some of the current party leaders and their cronies could learn a lot from him,instead of the constant sniping.

Aldershot_Rob

Post by Aldershot_Rob » Thu Mar 26, 2020 8:32 pm

Couldn't agree more, Pip. It is nice to see politicians of all parties coming together. At times I think the current government have done something decent only to hear someone from the labour party piping up and having a pop.
Sometimes we just need to find a way to agree in these times of uncertainty rather than get a dig in. Politics is on ice as far as I'm concerned.

Pip@B

Post by Pip@B » Thu Mar 26, 2020 9:14 pm

Aldershot_Rob wrote:
Thu Mar 26, 2020 8:32 pm
Couldn't agree more, Pip. It is nice to see politicians of all parties coming together. At times I think the current government have done something decent only to hear someone from the labour party piping up and having a pop.
Sometimes we just need to find a way to agree in these times of uncertainty rather than get a dig in. Politics is on ice as far as I'm concerned.
Thornberry and Corbin typically examples today,you can see why the country rejected them again.

Stenhouse

Post by Stenhouse » Thu Mar 26, 2020 9:24 pm

Our politicians need to remember that they are public servants. They should be pulling together, like a coalition, for the country's sake. Nice to see that Boris has included all party leaders, the TUC, etc, in his meetings to try and fight this crisis.

Mytshot

Post by Mytshot » Thu Mar 26, 2020 9:35 pm

Stenhouse wrote:
Thu Mar 26, 2020 9:24 pm
Our politicians need to remember that they are public servants. They should be pulling together, like a coalition, for the country's sake. Nice to see that Boris has included all party leaders, the TUC, etc, in his meetings to try and fight this crisis.
He might even allow the Daily Mirror and the Independent into his press conferences.

Aldershot_Rob

Post by Aldershot_Rob » Thu Mar 26, 2020 9:36 pm

Pip@B wrote:
Thu Mar 26, 2020 9:14 pm
Thornberry and Corbin typically examples today,you can see why the country rejected them again.
Absolutely no surprise there. I grew very tired very quickly with criticism and sniping from the opposition.
I am not a Tory by any means but I can fully see how difficult this job is at this moment in time and the last thing anyone needs right now is point scoring and one up manship.

A show of unity from all party's would be too much to ask though. Even in these difficult times.

On a slight side note, could you imagine Diane Abbott having the class and grace of Rishi Sunak. The bloke is a future PM in the making.

lanternhall

Post by lanternhall » Thu Mar 26, 2020 9:40 pm

Just watched question time with government minister. Asked why construction industry which is not self isolating is still working?. Asked why people are not being tested.?Asked why NHS staff still don't have safety equipment?
Man couldn't answer. Tried to cover governments back.
Didn't have a clue.

Mytshot

Post by Mytshot » Thu Mar 26, 2020 9:41 pm

Aldershot_Rob wrote:
Thu Mar 26, 2020 9:36 pm
Pip@B wrote:
Thu Mar 26, 2020 9:14 pm
Absolutely no surprise there. I grew very tired very quickly with criticism and sniping from the opposition.
I am not a Tory by any means but I can fully see how difficult this job is at this moment in time and the last thing anyone needs right now is point scoring and one up manship.

A show of unity from all party's would be too much to ask though. Even in these difficult times.

On a slight side note, could you imagine Diane Abbott having the class and grace of Rishi Sunak. The bloke is a future PM in the making.
Why pick out Diane Abbott? Bit random.

Mytshot

Post by Mytshot » Thu Mar 26, 2020 9:44 pm

lanternhall wrote:
Thu Mar 26, 2020 9:40 pm
Just watched question time with government minister. Asked why construction industry which is not self isolating is still working?. Asked why people are not being tested.?Asked why NHS staff still don't have safety equipment?
Man couldn't answer. Tried to cover governments back.
Didn't have a clue.
I tend to agree with you there. He didn't seem to have any firm answers to any questions that were put to him.