Corona Virus

Somerset Shot
Re: Corona Virus

Post by Somerset Shot » Fri Mar 06, 2020 10:39 am

fredandballou wrote:
Thu Mar 05, 2020 9:40 pm
Because of the corona virus the Premier League have dropped the pre match handshakes. Will the National League follow suit?
No handshakes before the game to avoid direct contact. It’ll be interesting to see what then happens in the penalty area when the first corner is being taken. Hand sanitiser gel hung on each goalpost may be the way forward in the interest of health & safety!

Shot By Both Sides

Post by Shot By Both Sides » Fri Mar 06, 2020 11:35 am

scorp wrote:
Thu Mar 05, 2020 4:17 pm
Shot By Both Sides wrote:
Thu Mar 05, 2020 1:17 pm
scorp wrote:
Tue Mar 03, 2020 11:40 am

Maybe for you ;) The original love-ins started in California [where else!] in the 1960s. https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Love-in I remember reading about them for the first time when i was doing a newspaper round. In tandem, with love-ins, "happenings" got underway. And here's a love-in clip from 1967: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OJtQ2ITfyJA
See what an education this place is everyone?
Or the advantage of having old farts with functioning strands of memories on here ;)
How dare you scorp... I'm not old... I think... :?:

MikeB

Post by MikeB » Fri Mar 06, 2020 3:21 pm

fredandballou wrote:
Thu Mar 05, 2020 9:40 pm
Because of the corona virus the Premier League have dropped the pre match handshakes. Will the National League follow suit?
Yes.

Birdman

Post by Birdman » Fri Mar 06, 2020 4:08 pm

scorp

Post by scorp » Fri Mar 06, 2020 4:30 pm

Fri Mar 06, 2020 11:35 am
scorp wrote:
Thu Mar 05, 2020 4:17 pm
Thu Mar 05, 2020 1:17 pm

See what an education this place is everyone?
Or the advantage of having old farts with functioning strands of memories on here ;)
How dare you scorp... I'm not old... I think... :?:
i wuz referrink to meshelf ;)

SHOTSMAN68

Post by SHOTSMAN68 » Fri Mar 06, 2020 4:45 pm

when shots score there 1st 2nd 3rd and 4th goal tomorrow can i be allowed to pick up all the toilet rolls that get thrown on the pitch thanks white ones will be fine but dont mind if they are blue or pink would also prefer the quilted ones if possible

Birdman

Post by Birdman » Fri Mar 06, 2020 5:01 pm

SHOTSMAN68 wrote:
Fri Mar 06, 2020 4:45 pm
when shots score there 1st 2nd 3rd and 4th goal tomorrow can i be allowed to pick up all the toilet rolls that get thrown on the pitch thanks white ones will be fine but dont mind if they are blue or pink would also prefer the quilted ones if possible
Talking of toilet rolls. I was trying to understand why people were stockpiling them (as well as pasta and rice). Sanitisers I can understand. But then I delved a bit deeper and it would appear that *one of the reasons was that if people had to self-isolate then they’d have enough supplies in to cope as they couldn’t go shopping. I’m assuming that in the case of a family unit (two parents, two+ children) self-isolation could last rather more than two weeks.

*Panic buying and copying others also come into play

BillB

Post by BillB » Fri Mar 06, 2020 9:52 pm

be carefull Mouse you could become the HAPPY one

Birdman

Post by Birdman » Fri Mar 06, 2020 10:38 pm

Well, if this cascades down the pyramid what percentage would our attendances drop by? I wonder if ST refunds would be in order? :wink:

https://news.sky.com/story/coronavirus- ... s-11951225

lanternhall

Post by lanternhall » Sat Mar 07, 2020 6:21 am

Birdman wrote:
Fri Mar 06, 2020 5:01 pm
SHOTSMAN68 wrote:
Talking of toilet rolls. I was trying to understand why people were stockpiling them (as well as pasta and rice). Sanitisers I can understand. But then I delved a bit deeper and it would appear that *one of the reasons was that if people had to self-isolate then they’d have enough supplies in to cope as they couldn’t go shopping. I’m assuming that in the case of a family unit (two parents, two+ children) self-isolation could last rather more than two weeks.

Said I wouldn't post again. Last one. Had to reply. Pathetic people annoy me. Why panic buy? Stupid people. Shame this country didn't educate these morons. I do actually question whether they have the right to exist.

chimpster99

Post by chimpster99 » Sat Mar 07, 2020 8:24 am

Interestingly in Italy many lower/local league clubs are expecting a bit of a bonanza as fans locked out of Serie A and B games go looking for a game to watch.

shotshammo

Post by shotshammo » Sat Mar 07, 2020 8:44 am

I did Boxing, Judo and Gymnastics, then I caught "Asian Flu".
The best way to describe it was, being alive in a coffin with just enough energy to breath.
I struggled to open my eyes, and lived on soup for 2 weeks.
I can understand why people old enough to remember it being very cautious.

WTF

Post by WTF » Sat Mar 07, 2020 9:29 am

lanternhall wrote:
Sat Mar 07, 2020 6:21 am
Birdman wrote:
Fri Mar 06, 2020 5:01 pm
SHOTSMAN68 wrote:

Said I wouldn't post again. Last one. Had to reply. Pathetic people annoy me. Why panic buy? Stupid people. Shame this country didn't educate these morons. I do actually question whether they have the right to exist.
Totally agree with you there. Our local supermarket has imposed a buying quantity to stop people doing exactly this. I like you do not understand the mentality of some people!

Aldershot_Rob

Post by Aldershot_Rob » Sat Mar 07, 2020 9:32 am

To add a little balance, if you feel a member of your family or yourself could be at serious risk of self isolation then ideally you'd require 2 weeks worth of food and supplies to keep you going.
That said, quite why you'd need the quantity of some of the products mentioned I don't know. If it is akin to flu, there will be minimal eating and toilet activity.

WTF

Post by WTF » Sat Mar 07, 2020 9:40 am

Aldershot_Rob wrote:
Sat Mar 07, 2020 9:32 am
To add a little balance, if you feel a member of your family or yourself could be at serious risk of self isolation then ideally you'd require 2 weeks worth of food and supplies to keep you going.
That said, quite why you'd need the quantity of some of the products mentioned I don't know. If it is akin to flu, there will be minimal eating and toilet activity.
Would that self isolation not be at a hospital? My wife is at risk as she is diabetic and has to take insulin via injection. I travel a lot for work so her/our exposure is potentially high. The 1st sign of a cough and or high temperature and it's 111!