Commercial update from Butts

SHOTSMAN68
Re: Commercial update from Butts

Post by SHOTSMAN68 » Sat Mar 21, 2020 9:32 pm

Shots91 wrote:
Sat Mar 21, 2020 7:32 pm
anonymous we just got to have some hope that they look into it and get a bit more help
hope so my son is self employed tour manages music bands no work and rent and bills to pay £94 a week is a joke.

scorp

Post by scorp » Sat Mar 21, 2020 9:51 pm

Disturbed Postie wrote:
Sat Mar 21, 2020 1:49 pm
I know it’s a tough time at the moment but having a go at butts isn’t gonna solve anything, he was good to me a fortnight ago as I’ve just lost a loved one and this virus couldn’t have come at a worse time for me personally and for others, I just hope people stay safe and don’t lose out financially!
Well said DP. And sorry about your loss.

Disturbed Postie

Post by Disturbed Postie » Sun Mar 22, 2020 9:00 am

scorp wrote:
Sat Mar 21, 2020 9:51 pm
Disturbed Postie wrote:
Sat Mar 21, 2020 1:49 pm
I know it’s a tough time at the moment but having a go at butts isn’t gonna solve anything, he was good to me a fortnight ago as I’ve just lost a loved one and this virus couldn’t have come at a worse time for me personally and for others, I just hope people stay safe and don’t lose out financially!
Well said DP. And sorry about your loss.
Thanks, scorp!

Red-n-Blue

Post by Red-n-Blue » Sun Mar 22, 2020 9:36 am

I understand why Butts has done this - the club is desperate. However, as much as we all love the club, every one of us has to put the needs of our family first. From that perspective, I think it's a little crass to be asking fans for money at the moment, particularly when the club (as a company) are receiving government support but many of us self-employed fans have no idea when we'll be able to work again. We aren't being helped by the government and some are already running out of money for even the basic necessities.

redandbluescb

Post by redandbluescb » Sun Mar 22, 2020 10:43 am

Will the club get 80% of players wages paid by the government ???.

Red-n-Blue

Post by Red-n-Blue » Sun Mar 22, 2020 11:02 am

redandbluescb wrote:
Sun Mar 22, 2020 10:43 am
They're employees, so I don't see why not.

Wokingham Shot

Post by Wokingham Shot » Sun Mar 22, 2020 11:08 am

Not 100% with the details, but I suspect there maybe two issues here:

.1 The club has already acted to get terms and conditions changed. Here we have been specifically told that the wage support available (upto 90%) is available providing we make no changes to anyones t&cs and do not make people take leave.
.2 Players are on fixed term contracts, this could be a grey area.

Also please note, it is upto 80%, and looking at it, it may well be a loan, but as I say I have not studied in detail as it doesn't impact me

Dr Jim Royle

Post by Dr Jim Royle » Sun Mar 22, 2020 11:09 am

All that was asked was if any Shots fans able to buy season ticket now or join the In For A Shot Scheme, it would be most beneficial to the Club and they'd be very thankful.

Of course in these awful days Family comes first before work, social and football, so folk need to take the road they need.

There is no need for any abuse or rants.

I hope ALL Shots fans are well and remain in good health, steer clear of reading my posts and I'm sure that'll assist all :wink:

Shots1954

Post by Shots1954 » Sun Mar 22, 2020 11:10 am

Red-n-Blue wrote:
Sun Mar 22, 2020 11:02 am
redandbluescb wrote:
They may only get the 80% of the agreed reduced sum. My accountant advised doing nothing awaiting the government announcement, good advice from him! Awaiting the small print now.
Last edited by Shots1954 on Sun Mar 22, 2020 11:12 am, edited 1 time in total.

Wokingham Shot

Post by Wokingham Shot » Sun Mar 22, 2020 11:11 am

Red-n-Blue wrote:
Sun Mar 22, 2020 9:36 am
I understand why Butts has done this - the club is desperate. However, as much as we all love the club, every one of us has to put the needs of our family first. From that perspective, I think it's a little crass to be asking fans for money at the moment, particularly when the club (as a company) are receiving government support but many of us self-employed fans have no idea when we'll be able to work again. We aren't being helped by the government and some are already running out of money for even the basic necessities.
I go back and forth on this in my mind. I see exactly where you are coming from RnB and agree 100%. But there are people who can help and want to help. So long as any part of the fan base is not disadvantaged by any offer to the extent they 'emotionally' do something they can't afford I think I am just ok with it.
One advantage Aldershot fans have is they sleep sound in the knowledge season tickets won't sell out!

Wokingham Shot

Post by Wokingham Shot » Sun Mar 22, 2020 11:12 am

Shots1954 wrote:
Sun Mar 22, 2020 11:10 am
Red-n-Blue wrote:
redandbluescb wrote:
They may only get the 80% of the agreed reduced sum. My accountant advised doing nothing awaiting the government announcement, good advice from him!
Yes, listen to your accountant.....he is a wise man.
Mine, whilst being an excellent accountant and a massive help to me, is currently off ill. Yep, the one person I know with the virus

Shots1954

Post by Shots1954 » Sun Mar 22, 2020 12:55 pm

Wokingham Shot wrote:
Sun Mar 22, 2020 11:12 am
Shots1954 wrote:
Sun Mar 22, 2020 11:10 am
Red-n-Blue wrote:

They may only get the 80% of the agreed reduced sum. My accountant advised doing nothing awaiting the government announcement, good advice from him!
Yes, listen to your accountant.....he is a wise man.
Mine, whilst being an excellent accountant and a massive help to me, is currently off ill. Yep, the one person I know with the virus
VIP at this time. In fact you can only claim the 80% back if you cannot employ the person(s) that is they cannot work and get the 80% from HMRC!

The employee will be called a "furloughed worker"

Shotto

Post by Shotto » Sun Mar 22, 2020 1:24 pm

Red-n-Blue wrote:
Sun Mar 22, 2020 9:36 am
many of us self-employed fans have no idea when we'll be able to work again. We aren't being helped by the government and some are already running out of money for even the basic necessities.
Serious point here RnB. The supermarkets are hiring thousands and I know we're fast-traking staff into the NHS as most areas are desperately short. Do consider it if your self employment has taken a hit.

Aldershot_Rob

Post by Aldershot_Rob » Sun Mar 22, 2020 1:29 pm

ATFC is a business fighting for survival. It was struggling before the pandemic and will only continue to do so.
Businesses are currently having to think outside the box in order to generate income and atfc is no different.

I have heard shops offering vouchers which can be used when they reopen.
Problem with the vouchers, the same with STs, there may be no business around to use them in once this settles.

scorp

Post by scorp » Sun Mar 22, 2020 2:41 pm

Aldershot_Rob wrote:
Sun Mar 22, 2020 1:29 pm
ATFC is a business fighting for survival. It was struggling before the pandemic and will only continue to do so.
Businesses are currently having to think outside the box in order to generate income and atfc is no different.

I have heard shops offering vouchers which can be used when they reopen.
Problem with the vouchers, the same with STs, there may be no business around to use them in once this settles.
"ATFC is a business fighting for survival". Yep, so let's support it in whatever way we can. If that means buying a useless season ticket, so be it, but i doubt it will become useless.